PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

S. Holmes to stay a Jet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Learn to read and understand what the asterisk accommodates. If there's no asterisk next to their name, you should probably assume that the player named is NFL quality already.

The players left of the list were left of the list for a reason. You'll notice a plethora of Patriots left of that list too.

No need to get snippy bro, and besides, the way you worded your post before doesn't convey that at all.

Edit: Ok maybe it does

Last edited:
Look...you want to bang your green drums and goo gee gaa gaa all damn night about your bestest gweatest terrific-est green bean all pro jags, there's gotta be about 100 green Rat sewer sites you can post on and get all the chest thumping back slapping responses you desire...:deadhorse:

Look...you want to bang your green drums and goo gee gaa gaa all damn night about your bestest gweatest terrific-est green bean all pro jags, there's gotta be about 100 green Rat sewer sites you can post on and get all the chest thumping back slapping responses you desire...:deadhorse:

If you aactually read my posts instead of labeling every Jets fan a troll, you would see that that is not my m o.

No need to get snippy bro, and besides, the way you worded your post before doesn't convey that at all.

I wasn't, it made perfect sense. The only point I am making is the collection of Jets talent is in the veteran presence whereas the Patriots bulk of talent appears to be coming through the youth movement, most noticeably on defense.

All of that is redundant without Tom Brady pulling the strings.

Last edited:
Learn to read and understand what the asterisk accommodates. If there's no asterisk next to their name, you should probably assume that the player named is NFL quality already.

The players left off the list were left off the list for a reason. You'll notice a plethora of Patriots left off that list too.

I'd love to sit here and stroke my own ego but it's interesting to see that on ESPN Insider (I don't have access to it, I came across the article and saw something less than surprising) low and behold our favorite friends from across the way are ranked 32/32 for talent aged 25 and under.

Rating every team in the league based on the best under-25 talent

By Danny Tuccitto for Football Outsiders

32. New York Jets
The Jets may have been an 11-win team in 2010, but those 11 wins were courtesy of a starting lineup almost entirely composed of players who will be 26 or older in 2011. The obvious exception, of course, is Mark Sanchez, who happens to play the most important position on the field. It should be said, however, that Sanchez finished 2010 as the 18th-most valuable quarterback according to our DYAR metric, behind several other signal-callers of similar age. Therefore, the extent to which quarterback is the most important position for the Jets, specifically, is debatable.

Aside from Sanchez, left guard Matt Slauson was the only other young player to start double-digit games last season. Having chosen five-technique defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson with its only pick in the first two rounds, New York also didn't use April's draft to add much in the way of young talent at impact positions.

For comparison, the Patriots were adjudged to be 3/32. Some difference huh? :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back