PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor that Pats will sign a vet QB, draft a QB at 3 and move Mac EDIT: [was] From Mark Daniel’s mouth to Gods Ears

It would be stupid to go into the draft without at least a "Plan B" in place at QB. IF you remember the Pats resigned Cam before they drafted Mac. This way they don't "have to " draft a QB.

I'm wholly unimpressed by Williams height and attitude. I've never even heard of Maye until AFTER everyone was done playing football. Daniels makes Thorton look fat.

I'd take Joe Milton in the later rounds over all of those guys. He has the size and athletic ability.

Take Harrison Jr if he is there or a stud LT. Trade Mac for a bag of magic beans and sign a veteran QB.

It would be stupid to go into the draft without at least a "Plan B" in place at QB. IF you remember the Pats resigned Cam before they drafted Mac. This way they don't "have to " draft a QB.

I'm wholly unimpressed by Williams height and attitude. I've never even heard of Maye until AFTER everyone was done playing football. Daniels makes Thorton look fat.

I'd take Joe Milton in the later rounds over all of those guys. He has the size and athletic ability.

Take Harrison Jr if he is there or a stud LT. Trade Mac for a bag of magic beans and sign a veteran QB.
Right, but who is the vet? The pickings are getting slimmer and slimmer.

the projected 2025 QB draft is awful

In any case, a team does not often get to pick in the top 5 (or at least hopes not to)
Then that means there is a HOF QB in there.

Baker Mayfield, Josh Rosen, Sam Darnold were all can't miss according to the BS artists.

If they don’t fix QB, none of it matters. They will suck.
Nonsense. If they choose to use the resources they could use on "fixing QB" instead on filling in any of the other important gaps on the roster, that DOES "matter." It builds a team on which a QB prospect - once one is taken on, either next year or later in this draft - has a far better prospect of succeeding. TWO tasks must be accomplished: securing a QB, and building a decent team around him. The order in which they are accomplished depends in my mind entirely on the evaluation of talent available this year in free agency, in the draft, and among present Pats players whose contracts we might want to extend/renew. The post only tells half the tale, at best.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back