PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Browns having fire sale (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
. In fact next season will mark the first year since Hernandez went away that the Pats won't have a serious amount of dead money to deal with.

And they'll probably be getting a $3.2m credit next season once he gets convicted of the other murders.

Joe Haden has been awful this year, and Jason McCourty just isn't good enough to justify his salary.

Unless you think a normally great player having a down year is a trend or sign to come, you seriously think about making that play every time.

However, Haden has the interesting money laundering rumors swirling, so you'd have to do some digging first.

Joe Haden has been awful this year, and Jason McCourty just isn't good enough to justify his salary.

how good do you think they would be with our front seven not forcing them to cover for 6 seconds every snap?

This thread is missing that moron who used to post ludicrously impossible trades oblivious of cap considerations who called everybody "cousin".

I know the guy and it’s actually an ingenious ploy to avoid revealing an embarrassing family secrete. He calls everyone cousin including his family, which limits the risk of calling his wife sis in public. His children call all women auntie and all men uncle – it’s kind of cute.

This thread is missing that moron who used to post ludicrously impossible trades oblivious of cap considerations who called everybody "cousin".
Your right, it is, cousin.:D

how good do you think they would be with our front seven not forcing them to cover for 6 seconds every snap?

In Joe Haden's case right now I don't think he is right mentally and physically and I don't think being added to the Pats would change that.. He just got another concussion after missing 2 games with a concussion and there is a rumor flying around that he is under investigation by the feds for being involved in a drug money laundering scheme.

Unless you think a normally great player having a down year is a trend or sign to come, you seriously think about making that play every time.

However, Haden has the interesting money laundering rumors swirling, so you'd have to do some digging first.

Haden's the only one I'd trade for of the group discussed, laundering or no laundering. I think a change of scenery would help him out.

I don't think Jason McCourty's having a "down year", I just don't think he's very good. If you buy into the "Devon's back there too" theory, that being on the same team as his brother is going to make some sort of difference, then that's something I can't really quantify.

I've just seen Jason McCourty play. I'm not impressed.

I think it's Offthegrid.

I'm never sure what to make of "cousin". Seems harmless enough...
Cousin advocated trading draft picks for current players, ala george allen of the redskins. So i think thats who the wicked pissha is referring to. It would be his time to shine.

Haden's the only one I'd trade for of the group discussed, laundering or no laundering. I think a change of scenery would help him out.

I don't think Jason McCourty's having a "down year", I just don't think he's very good. If you buy into the "Devon's back there too" theory, that being on the same team as his brother is going to make some sort of difference, then that's something I can't really quantify.

I've just seen Jason McCourty play. I'm not impressed.

I'd be interested in Jason McCourty on the Pats someday, but putting Dan Gronkowski next to his brother didn't make him good enough to keep on the roster. I understand Belichick puts some stock in players from football families, but nothing is guaranteed

Thoughts on this thread
1.) If teams could trade for players on IR, then surely someone can tell us when it has happened.
2.) The Pats have NOT converted salary into a signing bonus to create cap space in years.
3.) The Pats have to have enough cap space to take on the player's remaining salary. Remember when the Patriots traded for Randy Moss in 2007. In order to create the room needed to take on Moss' 9.5 million salary Brady agreed to convert most of his salary into a signing bonus.
4.) If the Pats cut Mingo before his 2016 roster bonus becomes fully guaranteed, he will become subject to waivers and the Pats will not get a compensatory pick.

To clarify it's NOT OTG, a great poster nor is it Kerry from LONG ago on the Patriots mailing list. Hard to believe fnord is THAT old. It's DW Toys whose name I blanked on. Another senior moment.

1.) If teams could trade for players on IR, then surely someone can tell us when it has happened.
I believe its never happened. Dosent change the fact that a team could do it.

No OTG is "brother" and is a quality poster and person.

"The other guy" is a major creep

Cousin advocated trading draft picks for current players, ala george allen of the redskins. So i think thats who the wicked pissha is referring to. It would be his time to shine.

My confusion. OTG is absolutely a good dude.

I can't think of his screen name but that cousin-guy is a bit strange.

DW Toys - as mentioned. I mean an adult who has the word "toys" in his screen name? If that isnt creepy enough.

I was hoping for sean smith but the chiefs still believe they could contend. They will lose again next weekend to the donkeys

I believe its never happened. Dosent change the fact that a team could do it.

Calling your opinion a fact does not make it a fact:)

DW Toys - as mentioned. I mean an adult who has the word "toys" in his screen name? If that isnt creepy enough.
maybe he worked at toyz r us :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand