PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Browns having fire sale (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take on thomas for 9 games cap hit 5 mill. Then trade end of year. No more cap hit.

I think it's Offthegrid.

OTG has proposed a few doozies over the years (I think he wanted to do something like draft 20 players in the 3rd-7th rounds of the 2010 draft). But he is good people. :)

Take on thomas for 9 games cap hit 5 mill. Then trade end of year. No more cap hit.

Pats still need to clear 2m in cap space to do the trade. Plus get some more space for cap cushion for injuries and such for last 9 weeks

i heard the broncos are trying to get joe thomas.

Not assuming. Know for a fact that your opinion is dead-wrong.
I also use the Internet for my source
The NFL's By-Laws
http://www.nfl.com/static/content/public/static/html/careers/pdf/co_.pdf
Look at Article XVII, page 85

Trading from Reserve/Injured. Players on Reserve/Injured may not be traded.

Well, I did not know, and neither did anyone else. I stated I believed you could with something I read that seemed to be somewhat legit. You could have just come out and showed this and that would have been it

Well, I did not know, and neither did anyone else. I stated I believed you could with something I read that seemed to be somewhat legit. You could have just come out and showed this and that would have been it

Took me awhile to remember my source.

Just did not think that anyone who use answers.com as a source when there has never been a trade of a player on IR.

Took me awhile to remember my source.

Just did not think that anyone who use answers.com as a source when there has never been a trade of a player on IR.
I diddnt think it ever happened and all I could find was that source and the source seemed like an old time football guy who may have known what he was talking about. So I trusted him.

It would probably never happen just because of all the conditions you would have to put into the trade to protect the team getting the injured player. Will he be fully recovered, Will be still be decent? Too many unknowns.

I would have originally guessed you could not trade until I read that post and all the positive feedback he was getting.

Not assuming. Know for a fact that your opinion is dead-wrong.

I also use the Internet for my source
The NFL's By-Laws
http://www.nfl.com/static/content/public/static/html/careers/pdf/co_.pdf
Look at Article XVII, page 85

Trading from Reserve/Injured. Players on Reserve/Injured may not be traded.

If you knew that the opinion was "dead wrong" you could have settled it by saying this in the first place. Not sure why it was necessary to go through the whole "If teams could trade for players on IR, then surely someone can tell us when it has happened." route.

If you knew that the opinion was "dead wrong" you could have settled it by saying this in the first place. Not sure why it was necessary to go through the whole "If teams could trade for players on IR, then surely someone can tell us when it has happened." route.
Not to repeat myself I knew that teams could not trade IR players but could not recall my source at time of my post. Thought that the fact that it never happened would stand on its own. It is a pet peeve of mine when people claim that their opinion is fact.

It is a pet peeve of mine when people claim that their opinion is fact.
Its a pet peeve of mine when someone takes a staement I made about something I only "believed" because I did read it, and instead of just coming out and telling me I am mistaken, plays a coy type of game to try to get me to up my feelings on it. Only to say I was wrong all along.

How do cap hits work if you trade a player i.e. Mayo for Thomas for instance? Not saying that would happen just wondering about cap hits.

Its a pet peeve of mine when someone takes a staement I made about something I only "believed" because I did read it, and instead of just coming out and telling me I am mistaken, plays a coy type of game to try to get me to up my feelings on it. Only to say I was wrong all along.

I was not playing a coy game. I was busy on Twitter answering questions. Knew that IR players can't be traded. Question has been asked on this forum before.

I will try to source my posts going forward even though it is not a forum requirement.

I was not playing a coy game. I was busy on Twitter answering questions. Knew that IR players can't be traded. Question has been asked on this forum before.

I will try to source my posts going forward even though it is not a forum requirement.

There are plenty of posters here who think they know what they are talking about, talk ****, and have the I am right because I think I am right.

I am not one of those people and never have been. I thought no. Read yes...said I believed it was possible after at least doing some research

That was it. No need to source anything. If I am mistaken, just tell me I am mistaken. You dont have to say that because something "never happened"that it automatically means it can never happen. Because at that point, I was all about dispelling that, instead of the actual issue at hand.

When has an nfl team truly had a fire sale? Teams don't do it

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

If CLE is really in fire sale mode maybe they can pick up Josh Gordon.

He won't help this year but is an elite talent nonetheless.

Maybe over the spring might be a more appropriate time.

With that said I think the Bostic deal was more about 2016 and 2015.

You're also forgetting the "Vollmer can't play LT!" meme despite Vollmer playing LT and doing absolutely phenomenal
Clearly didn't watch the last game where Vollmer struggled all game long..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes