PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Brady had sports hernia

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 2005, Denver....Brady still played Peeble Beach and then had the surgery for the sports hernia he had then. I see no reason for him to relax a bit and then go for the surgery.

This is the worst excuse ever. The Giants kicked our Patriots butts, we should just face it.

to some things like this are excuses, to others they're explinations - pieces to a puzzle. The Giants played lights out D and they deserve credit for sure, they had adjustments for the Pats adjustments and executed better from kickoff to 00, the Pats looked lost on offense for most of the game. BUT, and this is a carryover from the Chargers game, there where throws in both games that where , IMO, the result of something being wrong with Brady. Plays where the receiver was wide open and there was no visible pressure and the ball was still crazy off the mark....even short 5-15yrd stuff. Later in the SB you could say that getting hit 198 times made Brady throw off the mark even on the few times when the protection held up but there where some way wrong bum throws right off the bat. Now is one of the only times I find myself wishing BB was taken over by Herm Edwards, cause Herm would just come out and throw xrays up on a light table and tell us what was going on :eek:

in terms of the Giants kicking the Pats butts - their D line had their way with the Pats O line + aux blockers all night long and held the highest scoring offense ever to 14pts but they still needed a last second miricle escape and catch to win the game....lets try and keep all that in perspective ;)

I'd like to believe this rumor, but if he was injured then why would they run 16 times and pass 48 times?????

This is the worst excuse ever. The Giants kicked our Patriots butts, we should just face it.

Who's not facing it??
We're just speculating why our QB's game went subpar so quickly starting with the 1st series against the Chargers. It's not like we're just bringing this up now. We were commenting on something being wrong with TB two games ago. But we'll never know unless TB has surgery because he and the Patriots are never going to talk about it or use it as an excuse. It's what separates us from whiney onetimers like the Colts. We're a championship organization. It's why Vegas has us odd on to get back and win the SB next season. :rocker:

A sports hernia does make sense of his accuracy.

A few plays before the Champ Bailey interception in 2006, he had Troy Brown open for a touchdown on a slugo route and overthrew him by about 8 yards. When this disclosed in 2006, I saw a show where they explained the mechanics of why he would throw the ball high.

If true it does raise some questions concerning the gameplan:

Why did we not activate Spach and go more 3/ TE sets and wear down
the Giants line?

Much has been made of the 4th and 13. However, we were 3rd and 7 and then had a 6 or 7 yard sack. With points at a premium, why not keep the FG manageable by picking up some yards?

Enquiring minds want to know.

After 2005, Denver....Brady still played Peeble Beach and then had the surgery for the sports hernia he had then. I see no reason for him to relax a bit and then go for the surgery.
If its true I retract my post,statement, whatever

to some things like this are excuses, to others they're explinations - pieces to a puzzle.
I agree with this 100%... you lose a game, you try to analyze what went wrong and how you can fix things for next time. Why did the quarterback play poorly..? Did he choke under the pressure..? Highly doubtful. Was he hurt..? Sure looks like it. How bad was he hurt..? Sounds more and more like he was hurt pretty bad.

That ain't making excuses. That's trying to find out what went wrong to be a better team next time.

I know Brady was not perfect, but the Giants defense probably did not help either..

On the other hand, maybe it's not the best idea for this info to get out. With the hysteria today, I can see the Pats being accused of "cheating" because TB's performance degrading injury was not on the injury report.

In that same sentence, they would also be accused of leaking info to make excuses for the loss and the injury had zero effect on the game.

A pro football player playing hurt is really no big news at all. I'm sure if we went up and down the starting lineup of the Giants we would find plenty of guys who are playing hurt as well.

Oh god are we really going to use this as the excuse to rationalize we're still the better team? Brady looked fine when he was torching Jacksonville. Nobody was talking about injuries then.

A pro football player playing hurt is really no big news at all. I'm sure if we went up and down the starting lineup of the Giants we would find plenty of guys who are playing hurt as well.

Thanks for the info!

Sports hernias require surgery.

A lot of rehab.

how long does it usually take a player to be healthy.?

i hope to see Tom Brady healthy because we have a lot of things to settle in 08.

I'd like to believe this rumor, but if he was injured then why would they run 16 times and pass 48 times?????

anyone else think after the first drive that we couldve success running the ball.? i thought maroney ran quite well on that drive.
i guess this debate happens in every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News