PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Brady had sports hernia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, but I fail to see what difference this really makes, except to provide a physical excuse for a small part of a poor performance. The hernia should not affect his judgment, or even his ability to get rid of the ball to avoid a sack. Definitely did not cause the poor blocking by the 0-line, or poor plays on the ball by Woods, Samuel, Merriwether, Hobbs, Harrison and Moss. If anything, it should have made BB go for the FG instead of leaving Brady in on a desperation 4th and 13.

doesn't explain what happened to the "best offensive line" in the NFL. They did their best impressions of subway turnstyles.

The injury rumor from the practice week for SD was that he hurt the ankle then. He said that was not the case and he in fact hurt it on the sack in the SD game in the 3rd quarter.
I know, but I'm not 100% sure they told the exact truth ;)

^^^ Hate to agree, but I can't help but do so.

Sports hernia or not if the line blocks, Brady has an easy MVP performance. This guy had how many total yards passing? Like 230 or somewhere around there? That was with no protection. Brady damn sure has not been accurate as of late, and I dunno what that has to do with. Bottomline, if ANY Pats fan thinks this changed the game they're insane. That game was a good OL away from being ours, but what can I say.........Touchy subject:[

Watson's [B said:
IQ;791589]When I hear it from the Patriots or another credible source, I'll believe it.[/B]

I'm not saying I think it's bogus, I think anyone who watches Brady play regularly realized he was not himself in the SB.

Still, unsubstantiated rumors are just that.

I'm going to turn on ESPN for the pats press conference about injury information :)

Question:

How do you throw a 75 yard ball with a Sports Hernia?

Answer: You Don't

You guys lost. It wasn't one thing.

^^^ Hate to agree, but I can't help but do so.

Sports hernia or not if the line blocks, Brady has an easy MVP performance. This guy had how many total yards passing? Like 230 or somewhere around there? That was with no protection. Brady damn sure has not been accurate as of late, and I dunno what that has to do with. Bottomline, if ANY Pats fan thinks this changed the game they're insane. That game was a good OL away from being ours, but what can I say.........Touchy subject:[

There are always many factors in losing a game, not just one. Yes, if the protection had been better, they'd have won despite Brady's injuries, and so the protection was a reason.

But if they'd scored 10-14 points more in the first half on the 2 throws I can think of that were clearly affected by his injury, then they win. And I don't recall him evading many of those rushes, either, which he is normally very adept at doing.

His ability to perform was way off, though you'll never hear that from the team or Brady.

Thought one was launched from the 15, and ended up at the opposite 20, which would be 65. However it happens, that first one was absolutely launched. No bad shoulder, no bad ankle, no figgin hernia. It's like Hobbs. 18-0, and all the sudden he gets beat, and we're gonna blame that ONE play on his injury?

agree... maybe I saw it wrong but I was screaming... Holy Living F*ck... thats a 70 yrd pass!!!!!!

Last edited:
There are always many factors in losing a game, not just one. Yes, if the protection had been better, they'd have won despite Brady's injuries, and so the protection was a reason.

But if they'd scored 10-14 points more in the first half on the 2 throws I can think of that were clearly affected by his injury, then they win. And I don't recall him evading many of those rushes, either, which he is normally very adept at doing.

His ability to perform was way off, though you'll never hear that from the team or Brady.

Not trying to fight with you, but this board goes ape **** when ever someone else said something like this for the other team.

Again the Giants won fair and square but it is interesting to discuss the mitigating factors on a message board.

If Brady & Hobbs and any other players are prone to this type of injury, they need to take up dancing in the off season. No Joke!

Sports hernias require surgery.

A lot of rehab.

yep.. but try to get the ones seeking an answer to buy that.

Again the Giants won fair and square but it is interesting to discuss the mitigating factors on a message board.

If Brady & Hobbs and any other players are prone to this type of injury, they need to take up dancing in the off season. No Joke!

Huh? What does this mean?

agree... maybe I saw it wrong but I was screaming... Holy Living F*ck... thats a 70 yrd pass!!!!!!

My feeling was that it was his ankle, and that it loosened up as the game went on. He was missing some throws early that were ridiculously off, but he moved around and threw a little better as the game went on, including those last throws.

But to be honest, the one that he almost hit Moss with - the 65 to 70 yarder - if he's 100%, he gets more air on that ball. It was noticeably lower than throws he normally makes of that distance, which is why it was broken up. He can throw it a freakin' mile.

When any team loses a close playoff game, there's often some injuries that played a role, so this isn't sour grapes. Giants earned the win, there were no crappy calls in the 4th quarter or anything like that. It's just a discussion of Brady's effectiveness and why.

VERY true...good post and find...VERY true did not forget..I wonder once someone has one do they happen again..a recurrence??

If he truly had a sports hernia, and it requires surgery to repair. I think he would have been on the O.R. table already and reahabing instead of running around N.Y. or Costa Rica. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down