PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roster Moves Coming After Victory Versus Bengals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Buchanan now on the permanent IR?

Yes, since Sealver Siliga is designated to return, and there's (currently) only one of those per season.

So the DL looks like

DE - Jones Nink Moore
DT - Wilfork Jones Walker
DE/DT - Easley

So only 7? I know Hightower can do some DE if healthy but that is thin. When Siliga comes back we will have 8 which is kinda the minimum.

i hope they bring Bequette up.......we're a little thin on the DL

Vellano cut? Belichick must have recovered the incriminated photos Joe had on him.

They should change the rule on that and let atleast three players eligible for that exemption.
Well it's a relatively new rule still. We'll see if they change it in the future.

Little thin DL. Lets hope this works out.

Vellano had a few decent games last season, but it was clear Chris Jones was the better of the two. Disappointed to see Buchanan to IR as I doubt he had an injury, but the Pats obviously don't want to lose him

Disappointed about the KT thing. As is BB, I think (his reference on Sunday to "hoping to work with him again in the future").

I think he played hard when he was healthy and I hope he has a decent career. It hasn't been handed to him, that's for sure.

Thanks a lot, KT, and good luck.

Ahh so that's the move?

What was his injury again?
I think his feelings were hurt. Didn't see him get injured at all, in fact he was out there quite a lot last night, especially taking Chandler Jones a lot on the pass rush. This is quite a puzzling maneuver. But happy to see what Tyms can bring to the offense (if he plays) and some toughness that Browner can bring to the defense.

Crap. Buchanan to IR.

This doesn't help cut down on the overuse of Chandler Jones and Rob Ninkovich.
At a minimum, Zach Moore is going to have to be active for the first time.
Easley apparently will continue to be used at DE.

Well unless Buchanan's injury is something that just wasn't noticed then this says to me that BB may like what he has seen from Moore and maybe be giving him a chance.

I also think if Moore is going to be given a chance it somewhat helps that depth issue as he can line up outside and inside and I also think it could help the run defense.

But we'll see.

Last edited:
dont get the tyms hype at all. a jag is our answer for a deep thread? just give dobson more reps.
he showed he can stretch the field against the steelers last year.
He actually has more talent than the departed KT. Big, strong, fast, can jump through the roof, has a basketball background, so he gives us another red zone target. One thing I really like about him is, he must really be smart, he came into camp a lot later than some of the receivers we brought into camp, and he seemed to have picked up the playbook pretty fast. Obviously BB thinks pretty highly of him as well, kept him over KT and Boyce.

I thought it was Barker and Kline went to the PS and then was brought to the 53-man after Solder had to miss Miami and then stayed on when Vollmer went down.

But i'm pretty sure it was 8 OL all season.

No.. You had Barker who was on the 53 man roster all year as the back-up center.

No.. You had Barker who was on the 53 man roster all year as the back-up center.

Ya that's what meant. Edited my post accordingly.

Instead of the lame disagree button ... state your case that I am wrong.

4 tackles and 1 assisted tackles in 4 games ... the kid is clearly not ready ... not 100%.

Instead of spewing stats, why not actually watch the games.. Just a thought..

Buchanan is one of my binkies. Too bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft