PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ross Tucker:Tom Brady losing battle vs. undefeated opponent — time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only about 5 teams have run the ball more than the Patriots this year. Them committing to the run is not the problem. The problem is they have a top 10 RB losing carries to Brandon Bolden and LaGarette Blount for whatever head scratching reason.

True that. WTF? It makes no sense. Wasn't Blount only supposed to be the short yardage/goal line back?

Anyway, I am not dismissing the ridiculous change in targets from last year and all the issues of reworking the entire pass game with new personnel.

The thing is I don't know if the commitment to the run game will be what it needs to be in the post season.

When I look at Brady's problems I just don't see the typical age related issues for QBs.

A QB who is declining from age loses the zip on his fast ball and Brady's balls are as tight as spirals as ever.

An older QB's deep balls start to float and typically are under thrown. Brady may be having problems with accuracy down the field, but his deep balls don't float and he overthrows his receivers as much as he underthrows them.

An older QB loses his mobility in the pocket. Some people might argue Brady has, but when he has room to step up, he looks as mobile as ever back there. His problem has more to do with holding onto the ball too long because of him not feeling people are over or complete breakdowns with the o-line.

I still think Brady's problems have more to do with the people around him from the receivers to the o-line and his inability at times to trust new receivers and over-rely on his binkies. I think with Gronk and Amendola getting closer and closer to 100%, Vereen returning, and Dobson starting to emerge; I think Brady has a chance to be the old Brady (as in former and not old in age) in second half of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back