PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rooting for Colts? Dear Lord help me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rooting for the Jaguars... !

Well you are the one who is using quotations not me. Like I originally said I dont think any patriot ever said Marty was classless, but you did.

Yes LT called BB out for lacking the couth of merely winning without making a spectacle of it. Later it was found that BB is not merely lacking couth, but also ethics.

Are you serious? Do you still not understand that I was saying Corey Dillon didn't say "Marty is classless" the same way LT said "They have no class and it comes from their head coach." There is no way to compare a real quote with an imaginary one without using quotation marks. I could Italicize it for you if you want? How about this:

Show me the quote where Corey Dillon said Marty is classless the same way LT said BB was classess.

Is that better? And BB has the ethics not to rat out all of the other coaches who do the exact same thing. You probably don't know this, because you seem a little "special" (quotation marks:eek: ) but you can legally tape the opposing teams defensive signals, just not from the sidelines. That';s why they change them every week and disguise them during the games.

Let me ask you a question. Let's say this week Jville, when it's time to be introduced, waits. And continues to wait until the Patriots are announcing their players, then sends their whole team onto the field interuptin the introduction of the home team. How would you feel about that?

pao

Is THAT a big deal to you Divas?

Wow. Just wow.

If that happens this Saturday, no one here will care.

A Perfect team will do that to a person.

Is THAT a big deal to you Divas?

Wow. Just wow.

If that happens this Saturday, no one here will care.

A Perfect team will do that to a person.

HAHAHA that perfectly exemplifies the difference between the mentalities here. The Chargers care more about their names being announced over the loudspeaker than they do about playing well as a team and winning.

Can't wait to hear the "we only lost because Gates was injured" drivel next week. OMG more quotation marks!!! How can I wrap my head around the idea of a hypothetical future quote from the San Diego crybabies?

Last edited:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but LT called BB classless following the AFCDG last year, before "spygate" correct?

L.T was also quoted as saying " we lost to a better team " after the game. So his feelings about the celebration stuff was separate from the fact that the Chargers lost the game. If I remember right, L.T did call BB classless, as well as the players involved. Looks like patriots and Chargers fans will keep mushing all this stuff over and over for a long time without any mutual resolution. I have been as fair and honest as possible about what happened that day. The Chargers started off the wrong way with Merriman's remarks, in return the patriots over celebrated to get back at the Chargers. L.T and the Chargers responded back with the classless stuff before getting a grip on their emotions first. The whole damm thing got out of hand. As for how patriots fans feel about the Chargers today, I could care less if you hate the team, think they are crybabies, or whatever else. I am still a Chargers fan. L.T can get as emotional as he wants to as far as I am concerened, he will still be inducted into the HOF one day, hopefully with at least one SB win under his belt.

You don't agree? The Jags running game doesn't concern you?

Not in the least. I think you are forgetting the fact that the Patriots are designed to stop the run. Seymour? Wilfork? Warren? Bueller?

Again, you are regurgitating sportswriters. They commonly associate a run game with being able to negate a potent offense. This is because many potent offenses have historically been paired with either a sub-par defense, or one geared to defend the pass due to them frequently getting into shoot-outs. Don't forget, the Pats were a defensive team first. But running the ball is the blueprint, eh, John Clayton?

Well, what happens when said team's defense is stellar against the run when executing? What happens when the run-first teams don't win first and second downs? What happens when a few punts lead to a 14 point defacit? The opponent is forced into passing situations, becomes one-dimensional and deviates both from their strengths and gameplan.

Last edited:

What do you mean? The Patriots whined and complained about crap even after they beat the Chargers last year. Heaven knows what they would have done if they lost! You might be right about one thing, I could be a little slow.

pao

when did they complain after they beat the Chargers? Examples please.

In fact, show me an example of the Pats whining after a loss.

Right! You guys have been whining all morning about what other teams do. I have never heard a more whiny board! Colts fans are cool compared to you all.

pao

oooh that'll get under our skin:rolleyes: we're not whining about other team"s" we're pointing out the fact that the Chargers are a bunch of clowns. There's no whining, because we have nothing to whine about. The Pats stomped the Chargers in week 2, remember?

And yet here you are on your board talking about the Chargers. Like I said, if your players have the Chargers and their fans in their heads as much as you guys they are in trouble.

pao

hahah keep trying. They're not in our heads because we fear them. In fact, as I said earlier, I'd rather play the Chargers than the Jags. They're "in our heads" like a migraine, because when Merriman does his lights out dance, Phillip Rivers starts to cry, LT proclaims "I'm a classy guy" and Luis Castillo does somekind of salsa dance on the field it make me want to have a seizure and throw up at the same time.

Believe me, you team scares no one.

And yet here you are on your board talking about the Chargers. Like I said, if your players have the Chargers and their fans in their heads as much as you guys they are in trouble.

pao

Just to point out, this thread was not started talking about how we fear the Chargers-we don't. I started this thread to point out how awful it was that I feel like I have to root for the Colts. I don't fear playing them. I just can't spend another weekend watching those freaks. They're an embarassment to the game.

Oh my gosh, you don't remember? Colvin running down the hallway, Wah, wah you guys were mean before the game. Wah, wah lights out to you. whine, you planned a SB parade, wah, wah. Dang, if they would have lost Colvin might have retired right there! That's just one example!

pao

hahaha how is that whining? He was mocking your pathetic team. You need a vocab lesson or something, whining is when you complain about something, like Cry me a Rivers and LT did after Colvin showed you what it's like to have your "lights out"

You should be more embarrassed for the thread. Ridiculous.

pao

you should be embarrassed for your team.

"I'm a classy guy"

quote of the century.

You should be more embarrassed for the thread. Ridiculous.

pao

Hardly. I'd be more embarassed rooting for grown men who cry and blame others when they lose a game, but, hey, that's just me. I believe in personal responsibility.

Can't imagine how ugly it will get when you lose.

Actually, when our team loses, we simply deal with it. Congradulate the victor and walk away looking foreward. See, the Chargers talk during the week, during the game, and after the game. The Pats whoop ya during the game and then laugh at what clowns you are afterwards. Jerry Rice didn't dance because he didn't have to, everyone knew he was the man. The same follows with the patriots. Pretty standard practice in football, really. And btw, I still have yet to see a response to me explaining why Jax is not a threat.

Last edited:

And yet here you are wasting time talking about them. LOL. Ridiculous. Sorest winners in the league. Can't imagine how ugly it will get when you lose.

pao

keep trying to twist this. We're not "sore" about anything. We are happy to be 16-0 and could only wish to be fortunate enough to play the Chargers again, who have the only fan base not familiar with the phrase "eating crow." But we find it interesting that your team rubs everyone the wrong way so much so that we hope a team that was all but irrelevant to us before loses to our heated rivals.

I have an excercise for Chargers fans: stand up, walk to the bathroom in your house or office and stand in front of the mirror. Now, with a straight face say "I'm a classy guy." If you can do that, then try doing it in front of a group of your co-workers, and watch their reaction.

I have an excercise for Chargers fans: stand up, walk to the bathroom in your house or office and stand in front of the mirror. Now, with a straight face say "I'm a classy guy." If you can do that, then try doing it in front of a group of your co-workers, and watch their reaction.

I'm special and d%#*!@t people like me.

LOL.

You people need to chill.

Get past the Jags first before you start your parade.

Your run defense is weak. The combo package the Jags will put up against you will crush your aging defense.

As for the Chargers, well.....they're playing Indy. If memory serves me right, the Chargers ended their 13-0 season...in their house. Indy's O-line is a midget compared to Tennessee's. I see LT smacking Indy's run D; that and the specter of 6 Peyton INTs.

As I said, get past the Jags first and then let's talk. By the time the Cheatriots play San Diego Brady would be so banged up that our secondary don't even have to flex a muscle. Oh yeah, some despicable Chargers would dance and mock your home field.

Sweet.

We aren't the Chargers, we don't have pathetic parades and rallies because we made the playoffs. We actually, you kow, win Super Bowls.

If you think for 1 second that you'll ever get Peyton that bad again, you are sorely mistaken. In that dome? With Polian Rules? You're screwed and you don't even realize it.

Geez, there's a lot of Chargher fans today. Maybe if all of you bound together you could have actually sold some tickets for a playoff game!

I see the delusional Chargers fans are already starting to flood our board like rats on cheese. 13-0 in what fantasy world? Aren't you talking about the same 11-5 Chargers whom the Pats spanked 38-14 when the season started? :singing:

Yeah. As much as I'd like for the Pats to give the Chargers another object lesson in humility at Foxboro, quite honestly I don't think they're good enough to beat the Colts. Enjoy your doubtless weed-induced cruise through La La land. It's going to come to a crashing halt next week vs Indy. :bricks:

As for the Chargers, well.....they're playing Indy. If memory serves me right, the Chargers ended their 13-0 season...in their house. Indy's O-line is a midget compared to Tennessee's. I see LT smacking Indy's run D; that and the specter of 6 Peyton INTs.

As I said, get past the Jags first and then let's talk. By the time the Cheatriots play San Diego Brady would be so banged up that our secondary don't even have to flex a muscle. Oh yeah, some despicable Chargers would dance and mock your home field.

Sweet.

Last edited:
I noticed that too. I wouldn't put it past LT to have gone out seeking someone to design him a "special" LT facemask...he IS that conceited.

He must have told the guy "I want it to look like the grill on a truck" because that's what it looks like. He may be fast & elusive, but he's no truck! He never runs defenders over...not his style.

I thought it kinda resembled the grill on the polar express train.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft