PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rooting for Colts? Dear Lord help me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rooting for Chargers and Jaguars

I know they have fans. But don't EVER call us bandwagoners with crap like that.

:confused: I did not post that crap, just making a comment about it.

I lived in Dorchester MA back in the late 80's during the heated Celtics - Lakers rivalry. I was walking to the local T station one day, and all I saw on the way were those " I hate L.A " T-shirts. I though, OMG, what have I got myself into by moving here, but after I got to know a few people, I realized the very thing you mentioned. Boston sports fans are real die hard to the end kind of fans. As for La Jolla, its a fun vacation spot, but I prefer to hang out in Pacific beach, next time head up north to Redondo or Santa Monica for a change of pace.

you moved from SoCal to Dorchester?

I lived in Dorchester MA back in the late 80's during the heated Celtics - Lakers rivalry. I was walking to the local T station one day, and all I saw on the way were those " I hate L.A " T-shirts. I though, OMG, what have I got myself into by moving here, but after I got to know a few people, I realized the very thing you mentioned. Boston sports fans are real die hard to the end kind of fans. As for La Jolla, its a fun vacation spot, but I prefer to hang out in Pacific beach, next time head up north to Redondo or Santa Monica for a change of pace.

I like Santa Monica. My brother lives in Aliso Viejo so I spend a ton of time on Laguna Beach. I love La Jolla because I love sea creatures. I know, it sounds silly and childish. I just love going down where the seals are all beached and walking out onto the peninsulas with them swimming right at your feet.
Venice is quite the trip to..love it there.

Rooting for the Charger...

you moved from SoCal to Dorchester?

LOL... That is true. I did for family reasons. I stuck out like a sore thumb that first winter. You could tell I was a SoCal native. My favorite local hangout was the Harp-N-Barb on Dorchester ave. We lived at the top of hill by Uphams corner. I was the lone Chargers fan at the Harp among all the patriots fans on Sunday during the season. That was back in the Grogan, Hannah days. Greenwell was my favorite red sox player at that time.

I want the Chargers to win next week because, while I am pretty sure that the Pats would beat the Colts, I am positive that they would beat the Chargers. That said, if the game had no implications for the Pats, I would be all-out rooting for the Colts, for sure. There isn't much to like about either team, but I have no problem with Peyton Manning or Joseph Addai, whereas Merriman, LaClasslinson and Rivers are a bunch of punks who have never won a damn thing.

No way... the Pats need to beat the Colts on their way to the SB... This would effectively shut up all the BS on ESPN and NFL Network....

"Oh.. if Peyton had been there, he would have stopped TB" and all the other BS that will be repeated over and over again .... Those guys will never let it go..

I want the Chargers to win just so we can flat out DESTROY them in the AFC title game. There is no doubt in my mind that we would beat San Diego by at least 3 TD's if we played them again. Phil Rivers and Norv Turner on the road in 25 degree weather against Belichick and Brady? LOL bring it on!!!:D

Patriot Fans,

Good luck with the game against Jacksonville. They're a pretty good team. However, I don't appreciate the bashing of Chargers fans. We're pretty much respectful over at the Chargers board so please don't let this be a fan fight.

Also, about the Tomlinson "wussie" thing; Despite this, Ladainian is a pretty cool person. I've met him a couple times and he isn't the trash-talking wussie that you guys label him as. He's pretty cool and respectful, so don't start talking trash about his personality when you don't know him like that.

Thanks,
A Charger Fan

After watching all the games this weekend, I have come to the conclusion that there is no way the Pats or Colts are losing this weekend. LT et al barely escaped with a win over a terrible (and beat up) team. Go Pats!
See, now the Colts barely beat the Titans 22-20 in week 2. They could have easily lost that game. SD beats them 17-6 with 17 unanswered in the 2nd half sans the 2 biggest play makers on the team in the post season and SD barely escapes?

I think it's cool that NE fans hate on SD that way.
icon14.gif

Patriot Fans,

Good luck with the game against Jacksonville. They're a pretty good team. However, I don't appreciate the bashing of Chargers fans. We're pretty much respectful over at the Chargers board so please don't let this be a fan fight.

Also, about the Tomlinson "wussie" thing; Despite this, Ladainian is a pretty cool person. I've met him a couple times and he isn't the trash-talking wussie that you guys label him as. He's pretty cool and respectful, so don't start talking trash about his personality when you don't know him like that.

Thanks,
A Charger Fan

Say what now?

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=50874

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=50998

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=49419

For every Stupid smack Charger Fan I can find 5 smack Patriot Fan posts.

Last edited:
For every Stupid smack Charger Fan I can find 5 smack Patriot Fan posts.

we have more fans, we sell out playoff games;)

Just pointing out you're not all that respectful--that was just the 1st page.

we have more fans, we sell out playoff games;)

Just pointing out you're not all that respectful--that was just the 1st page.

A bit obvious. I guess there's bad apples in every barrel, but to tell you, I hate it when there are people out there who stereotype the entire fanbase. I've seen such examples here.

I mean, YOU even posted that you want to smack them. I mean, I kind of don't like Rivers, but there's nothing wrong with a little excitement. You say that they need to shut up when they don't really talk much.

Last edited:
It makes me smile to hear a couple of girls say, "If I see them I'd punch them in the mouth". I just love it. Our fan support is very strong and passionate.
Nice job ladies!
Respects,

Rich

A bit obvious. I guess there's bad apples in every barrel, but to tell you, I hate it when there are people out there who stereotype the entire fanbase. I've seen such examples here.

I mean, YOU even posted that you want to smack them. I mean, I kind of don't like Rivers, but there's nothing wrong with a little excitement. You say that they need to shut up when they don't really talk much.

Please read the rest of my posts and see that I was very complimentary to real life Charger fans. I'm also very nice to fans of opposing teams who don't just say Cheater Cheater. please look at my posting history before you judge me because I'm far from one of the nasty ones.

With that said, Rivers and Classy boy do need a punch in the mouth.

Please read the rest of my posts and see that I was very complimentary to real life Charger fans. I'm also very nice to fans of opposing teams who don't just say Cheater Cheater. please look at my posting history before you judge me because I'm far from one of the nasty ones.

With that said, Rivers and Classy boy do need a punch in the mouth.

Ok, if you say so. But it needs to be a brawl between LT and Tom Brady. If you think LT needs a punch, so does Tom. Bill Belichick too. Bill actually needs one smack dab on the cheek by Tom Brady. Ia ctually would want to see Tom Brady beat the crap out of Belichick. kthx.

Last edited:
Ok, if you say so. But it needs to be a brawl between LT and Tom Brady. If you think LT needs a punch, so does Tom. Bill Belichick too. Bill actually needs one smack dab on the cheek by Tom Brady. Ia ctually would want to see Tom Brady beat the crap out of Belichick. kthx.

Jesus punching God? That could never happen! :D

What the hell is this? Why is this board being bombarded with Charger trolls? We don't even play them. Why are you here? Your team plays the Colts. Jeez, one playoff win and they come out of the woodwork after being absent since the second week of the season.

See, now the Colts barely beat the Titans 22-20 in week 2. They could have easily lost that game. SD beats them 17-6 with 17 unanswered in the 2nd half sans the 2 biggest play makers on the team in the post season and SD barely escapes?

I think it's cool that NE fans hate on SD that way.
icon14.gif

You'd love to think that we hate your team because their good. That just isn't so. Sorry.

What the hell is this? Why is this board being bombarded with Charger trolls? We don't even play them. Why are you here? Your team plays the Colts. Jeez, one playoff win and they come out of the woodwork after being absent since the second week of the season.

Don't act like a poster didn't call for it. If a fan talks smack on forums, you'll have to expect trolls, wether or not they're good or bad.

I think it's my fault, I put bait out there unintentionally with my first post. A couple aren't so bad though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents