PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rooting for Colts? Dear Lord help me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rooting for the Jaguars... !

Actually, given the fact that Merriman has been in the league for a very short period of time, he IS very well respected. He's an animal and any team would love to have him. He's also someone who is easy to hate....I get that. Sort of like Moss. You may not like Merriman's dance, you may not like his attitude, you may not like what he says. But the dude is a gamer and you can't deny that.

No denying his athleticism. But, as far as a baller goes he's far from it. One day, he'll be there, no doubt, but right now he's getting away with tallent alone.

He's a pretty good example of the Chargers in my mind. Tallented beyond belief, but just inexperienced and brash. They just haven't been there done that yet. It really shows, too. Especially with Phillip Rivers calling Hobbs "The sorriest corner in the league". Again, who is Phillip Rivers? He'll never be Drew Brees, I'll tell you that. They remind me of the 2003 and 2004 Colts. I respect the Colts now, but then they were just punks in my mind. Until Whale's Vagina learns to shut up and just ball, they will never get respect from the Colts and Pats. It's like a freshman in college coming in all ****y and talking trash to the team captains. He get's beat on no matter how tallented he is until he learns to keep his mouth shut and just play. Then, the kid get's respect. Same thing.

Last edited:

Did you even watch the Broncos game ?. I was there and saw John Lynch throw L.T's helmet down the field like a big idiot, and I also watched Cutler talking crap to the Chargers bench the entire game, long before Rivers or anyone else on the Chargers did anything. The Broncos dished it out, and got it back in return. Everyone is passing judgement by a few short clips they saw on espn, which did not include the broncos antics. There are articles to back up my claim on NFL network, NFL.com, SI, etc.

I heard some talking heads on Sirius NFL Radio last week talking about the multiple games this year that had the Charger players trash talking and taunting, and it's not just that they do that stuff. And, it's not that you, a Charger fan attempts to justify it. It's that they do it, but complained (see whined) the loudest when it was done back to them. That's the part that seems a little...........disingenuine. "Oh, the classless Patriots. Show some class.". It's such a phoney whine being that they are seen by many as the team that does that the most. Don't ya think? I'm here in Redskin and Raven country, and I can't tell you how many times this season one of them has said to me "I can't stand that Charger team, they have no class". I'm not making this stuff up.

ehh. You see, this is the point that Pats fans and SD fans will never agree on. If you want to dis the dance during the game....fine. Lendale White did it after a TD the last time we played Tenn. Didnt really bother anybody. It's the fact that NE did it after the game. Not only disrespectful to do it on our logo at midfield, but after the game, there's no recourse. Also, you have to understand something. That game was very emotional and was a kick in the acorns for us. It couldnt have gone worse. So, yeah, it pissed everyone off. Should we have just played better and won the game? Of course, but I dont fault any player for showing his emotions that day, or even after. The fact that LT cried only proves to me that he's a competitor and hates to lose. IMO there's nothing wrong with that.

This is the twisted logic that Chargers fan use, leading the way in the ****ification of pro sports. According to Complainian etc., it's more honorable to run your mouths leading up to and during the game, then lose and expect the other team not to do anything. In my mind, if two guys are to fight, the one who doesn't talk sh!t before the fight that he can't back up, then pummels the other guy, has earned the right to say whatever he wants to the mouthy guy who got beat up. I'm not really sure why it's ok to talk sh!t you can't back up and then expect the winner to not say anything when they win. Also, if you'll notice, the Pats haven't exhibited any of that behavior except against the Chargers and maybe one or two other mouthy teams, and when they did, they certainly didn't do it through the media like the cowards on the Chargers. Face it, your team is a special breed of hilarious hypocrisy and sh!t talking crybabies who can't back up anything they say and then whine when they lose. I'm embarrassed for you.

Jville offers some big matchup problems for the Pats.

PLEASE, PUH-LEASE, PUH-LEASEEEE enlighten me on how Jax is a matchup problem for the Pats. If I hear one more talking head who knows nothing about football say that I'm going to slam my member in a car door. Stop regurgitating sportswriters, they know nothing about sports.

That is sort of odd since apparently Marty called out the patriots as playing hurt during a press conference when the chargers KILLED the pats 42 - 17 a few years ago and the patriot fans went wild saying how low that was and how classless Marty is.... but by your assessment it was warranted since the chargers won and the patriots didnt back up their talking... correct?

Yeah except that wasn't what happened. I never thought Marty was classless, nor did the Pats, but they did resent the idea that the players in the game weren't able to execute and thus took it as Marty making excuses for the Pats that they don't want. That's called having pride and dignity in what you do. I'm sure, in your mind, a team that would blame themselves rather than injuries for a loss is classless though:rolleyes:

Then why doesn't the same apply to the Pats players who did their talking after beating you? And why is a team who is filled with players who cried long after that game was over about how "classless" the Pats were the most celebratory and childish team in professional sports?

I for one have never said the same did not apply to the patriots during and after the playoff game, and a lot of Chargers fans also look at the same way. I remember the Chargers crying about the incidents right after the game, and for a " few days " afterwards, but not for " Months " after the game as patriots fans claim. So who is really keeping it alive, just us fans in my opinion. As I have said before, the Chargers let their emotions get the best of them that day. A team that for the first time in a very long time, had a chance to advance to the AFC championship game, but blew it in the end. Bottom line, no excuses from this fan, and the players to. Was it not L.T and BB that talked it over at the pro bowl to settle their differences about it. It's ancient history for me, I only talk about it when someone else brings it up.

Last edited:

Name one incident after the game that was not respectful of their opponent. Just one. Can't? I thought not.

pao

"They have no class, and it comes from their head coach"

"When they do the dance that Shawn Merriman is known for blah blah blah"

You lost LT. Shut up.

i arrived to a conclusion: i agree...but ONLY for THIS time...

Do you have a link to any of those chargers players talking trash, taunting or anything else? I mean I could say that Wilfork is a dirty player who said he tries to end careers with every hit, but without a link to a source its all just rumors. I mean I spent 12 years in New England (3 under the reign of BB) and I can tell you that the typical fan at a bar in Lynn is screaming to "hit his knees" every time Peyton has the ball and he is playing the pats... is that classless?

Here's a link to Merriman starting a "Brady sucks" chant at a rally before the AFCDG last year. Apparently he doesn't suck.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yHyLlL01tGA

Honestly? I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team. Is he good? Absolutely. I wouldn't want LaClasssian either. True about Moss, but I never saw him as the cancer some made him out to be. I thought he was a scapegoat for MN. All the love boat shenanigans and stuff happened after he left-he was not the problem.

I want guys who shut their mouths and play the game.

Yep, he's good and respected. At least by those that matter. Is Moss good? Heck yeah, but I wouldnt want him either. I would rather have a player run his mouth and "dance" over a player that doesnt give it 100% when things arent well on his team. To each his own.

Name one incident after the game that was not respectful of their opponent. Just one. Can't? I thought not.

pao

Are you frickin kidding me?? Go a couple weeks back to the Broncos. The whole flame war started because when you guys beat us in Foxboro a couple years ago the Charger players were swearing at the fans!!!

Wow, so you can read minds? Ok, so a head coach noting that a team is not playing at full strength is an insult but players doing a mocking dance while on an opponents logo is justified?

Not an insult, but an excuse they resent giving themselves. That's called championship attitude and it's why the Pats have 3 SBs and the Chargers stink. And the players didn't say "Marty is classless, wah wah wah" they said they resented the comment because it gave them an excuse for failure which, as proven winners, they won't accept for themselves. Someday maybe you'll understand, though I fear it won't be with your current group of me-first prima donnas.

Again, so a coach pretty much saying that his team won, but its a hollow victory since the other team was not at full strength is an excuse (although it was true)? I dont get it... so a champion attitude is saying that the truth is just an excuse?

Yes you don't get it, I agree. And show me the quote where Corey Dillon got up and said "Marty is classless." You are taking that incident and distorting it. I don't know any Pats fans or quotes from players saying they hated Marty. Actually I kind of liked him, he always choked at the right time:D

So then it's ok for Seau but not for Merriman? You are exposed. Homerism personified, hypocrasy in evidence. Seau was doing that long before he earned respect. Same as Merriman.

pao

Wow, are you slow? would the Pats whine to the media if the Chargers beat us and mocked Seau's dance? No. Would Seau be at a rally and start a chant saying "Phillip Rivers sucks" before a game? No. Merriman is a joke. I hope he gets "Jones-Drewed" this week by Addai.

So then it's ok for Seau but not for Merriman? You are exposed. Homerism personified, hypocrasy in evidence. Seau was doing that long before he earned respect. Same as Merriman.

pao

And you've been exposed as a terrible speller. Does Seau cry that someone did his dance? I must have missed that press conference where he and the rest of the Pats gathered around a mic to cry about somebody having the audacity to mimic him.

I'm saying that if Merriman didn't do his stupid dance, nobody would mock it. If Seau gets burned or the Pats lose and someone mocks it, guess what? You deserve it.

Wow, all this talk about the patriots backing up their words when their fans cant even do it.

I mean a patriot fan talks smack about the chargers on the PATRIOTS board and all of a sudden all the chargers fan come and claim this board for their own and show the patriot bandwagoners what a real fan is like.

Well maybe next time you can video tape us and get the inside scoop... just dont get caught.

Yeah, you're really running away with this argument:rolleyes: By the way you asked for facts and links, and have been clowned throughout this "discussion" shouldn't you be complaining about how classless the moderators are here or something?

Now where did I ever say that Cory Dillion or that any patriot called Marty classless? Come on, I have posted under 10 things here it shouldnt be that difficult.... I guess reading comprehension isnt the strongest suite eh?

Hey stupid, that was an analogy to what LT did. You used the Pats having a problem with what Marty said as an example that was somehow similar to what we were saying makes the Chargers a bunch of whining crybabies, calling us "hypocrites." I showed you why your analogy was flawed. Catch up, this maybe too advanced a discussion for you.

Last edited:

If its an analogy then why are you using quotations? See below:

a·nal·o·gy /əˈnælədʒi/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uh-nal-uh-jee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural -gies.
1. a SIMILARLY between LIKE features of two things, on which a comparison may be based: the analogy between the heart and a pump.

Maybe its just me, but you only quote someone when there is the exact quote, and by you using quotations it is showing that you believe I said exactly what you quoted (hence the use of quotations).

As for the chargers being hypocrites, well LT said they are classless... the league went after them for their actions, BB got called out for being a cheater, the team was fined a draft pick and money for what they did. Correct me if I am wrong, but I dont think any other head coach got fined for cheating... am I right?

lol. You're really reaching now. If I said "show me the quote where Corey Dillon says 'Marty is classless'" does that mean I think such a quote exists?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but LT called BB classless following the AFCDG last year, before "spygate" correct?

Why don't you just go troll a Colts board or something? You are failing miserably here.

Last edited:

If its an analogy then why are you using quotations? See below:

a·nal·o·gy /əˈnælədʒi/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uh-nal-uh-jee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural -gies.
1. a SIMILARLY between LIKE features of two things, on which a comparison may be based: the analogy between the heart and a pump.

Maybe its just me, but you only quote someone when there is the exact quote, and by you using quotations it is showing that you believe I said exactly what you quoted (hence the use of quotations).

As for the chargers being hypocrites, well LT said they are classless... the league went after them for their actions, BB got called out for being a cheater, the team was fined a draft pick and money for what they did. Correct me if I am wrong, but I dont think any other head coach got fined for cheating... am I right?

So, antithesis of your thought process, wouldn't you want to face the Patriots in the post season? Wouldn't you think your team has a legit chance to beat ours? Just curious...

I dont have a problem with the moderators, they let us bark at each other which is a fans dream. I thank them for doing a great job of letting things get hot, but not too hot... excellent work boys!

As for links I can post links of the patriots being labeled as cheats, but its not like it is ancient history or anything. I can post links of BB and the team being fined, but its not like that is ancient history either. If it hadnt happened this season I might just do that, but it did so I dont think any football fan who is in a gamers forum would have forgotten it. But if you want me to just say the word.

Umm that was another analogy, you know, to the Chargers losing and then calling BB classless because the players threw the trash talk back at the Chargers. You know, kind of like us ruining your arguments here and you turning around and blaming the moderators? Did you graduate high school?

keep bringing up "spygate," I know we couldn't beat the Chargers without taping their signals from the sidelines as opposed to the press box...oh wait:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes