PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rookie wrecking ball

He's a converted Tight End. Wonder if we ever see him catching balls in the end zone - we have a precedent.
that would be nice, but I really am looking forward to seeing him as gunner on punt coverage. That’ll make a fair catch look like a really great idea!

I don't know how many of you might remember Vincent Brown when he played here. He was somewhat similar though played linebacker while White is a defensive lineman,

Vincent Brown Signed New England Patriots 20x32.5 Poster (Your Sports  Memorabilia COA) | Pristine Auction
The Undertaker

I have trouble calling him a kid, he looks like he's 45.
He's already 24, he was in college for like 6 or 7 years with all the transfers, ,etc, but with him that could be a good thing. The guys is a MAN now, both physically and maturity wise. I expect more of an instant impact from him more than say Gonsalez or Mapu. The position he plays is the most physically demanding which plays RIGHT in his wheelhouse.

We have 12 draft picks plus Cunningham that are fighting for spots on the 53. That is LITERALLY 24% of the roster if they all make it. More likely the number will be closer to 10 than 13 imho, which means between them and the 22 class over 45% of the roster could be filled by some very young players, on a team that desperately NEEDED to get younger.

I we get 4 or 5 years of exceptional play from White, I won't care how old he is now

LOL. I think we'd all agree to call him pretty much whatever he asks us to call him.
Agree. No questions asked whatever the Lord keion says we listen . As a fan he would be one player I would be really afraid to approach even for an autograph.if looks could kill, he has that in spades. ( Pun intended ) .

Deebo 3.0

And no, Samuel isn't one of them.

His look on Draft night said it all: yall letting me sit here? Ok. Im coming after each and every one of you!

The fact that he's 24 is only a plus: they get an impact of a grown man, well experienced player for the position on a rookie free ride contract from Day1.

People were stunned he was Pats consideration in mid 1st round and one of the reasons they felt comfortable trading down with Gonzo on the board. But that is exactly where he should've gone at the latest. Actually id prefer they went for him at the bottom of the first (trading up) to add an extra cheap year bc i doubt Billy (if still running) will pay the contract or the tag.

His look on Draft night said it all: yall letting me sit here? Ok. Im coming after each and every one of you!

The fact that he's 24 is only a plus: they get an impact of a grown man, well experienced player for the position on a rookie free ride contract from Day1.

People were stunned he was Pats consideration in mid 1st round and one of the reasons they felt comfortable trading down with Gonzo on the board. But that is exactly where he should've gone at the latest. Actually id prefer they went for him at the bottom of the first (trading up) to add an extra cheap year bc i doubt Billy (if still running) will pay the contract or the tag.
He looks like a 5 year veteran.. he has speed, power, a motor for days. A relentless pursuit of the ball carrier and QB.. I think White will be a starter if not week one then very soon after. He along with mapu could very well be the antidote to solving our running QB woes. Imagine Allen or Jackson staring at him while outside the pocket on 3rd and 6..

He actually hasn't played this position long and still has a lot to learn so I hope people aren't going to be super disappointed. He's still learning the tricks of the trade. He is not at all a finished product. I see him providing rest for Derek Wise. And maybe they start splitting reps later in the season.

Last edited:
I believe he will have the most IMPACT this season of all our rookies.
Bold prediction. It looks like Gonzo will be starting so it will be tough to have a bigger impact than that.

Bold prediction. It looks like Gonzo will be starting so it will be tough to have a bigger impact than that.

I've heard commentary that White will be rotational, probably as a pass rusher.

Yeah I hear ya.. but it all starts up front.. the guys up front make it easy on the secondary. The more pressure and heat we put on QB the better for gonzo and the secondary.. gonzo is my guy.. but he'll have to continue to adapt quickly.. we see a potent offense right out the gate. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm sure. It's looking like White is going to be a good one. Still early but sounds like we may have had a pretty pretty pretty good draft.
This is excellent for the defense especially as the season goes on... do have a nice rotation and keep guys fresh.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back