PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roger Goodell is Dead Wrong, and Here's Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
This section from Belichick's statement is KEY, especially the second sentence.

“As the Commissioner acknowledged, our use of sideline video had no impact on the outcome of last week’s game. WE HAVE NEVER USED SIDELINE VIDEO TO OBTAIN A COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE WHILE THE GAME WAS IN PROGRESS."

So does that leave open the possibility that BB considers halftime to be a time when the game is "NOT" in progress.

And if they used the tapes for future games, what was the purpose of taping the Green Bay game last year, a team they play about every 6-7 years?

The rule states very clearly, " no use of video". Everybody needs to let it go. It doesn't affect the team at all.

So does that leave open the possibility that BB considers halftime to be a time when the game is "NOT" in progress.

And if they used the tapes for future games, what was the purpose of taping the Green Bay game last year, a team they play about every 6-7 years?

The rule states very clearly, " no use of video". Everybody needs to let it go. It doesn't affect the team at all.

First of all, they play GreenBay every 4th year, at the MAXIMUM.
Secondly, the Pats could have been taping PLAYERS last year in Green Bay. A seperate camera angle that may show something they didn't see otherwise.

The rule isn't stated that clearly as people have already pointed out issues with it.

Because BB keeps files on coordinators, who sometimes go on to other teams, and their tendencies.

Actually, they did NOT get caught cheating and that is what ignorant people like yourself don't understand. Gooddell said that the tape had NO IMPACT on the game. They broke a rule and that is different.

You clearly can't understand the concepts being talked about here. So why don't you just leave and go get an education so you might actually do something more in life than welch off of other people's good fortunes.

How do you know they didn't cheat?

Goddell could have said it had no impact because the Jets suck so bad they would lose to anybody by double digits.

What is so stupid about this is being told not to do it last year, and deciding to go ahead and do it anyway. I have a teenage son that does stupid sh*t like that all the time.

I would hope BB would be more mature than my son.

When a rebel is caught, they're usually killed. Maybe Goodell views this as rebellion, disrespect, defiance. Also different time periods, different commissioner.

*ROFLMAO*

When a rebel is caught, they are usually killed? *ROFLMAO*

Maybe in the hood that is the case. Or maybe in Africa.

But not in mainstream America.

As for the idea that it was a different regime, sorry guys. That doesn't fly. Gooddell has been a part of this league since 1982 and because the CEO of the NFL in 2001. If you think that Goodell didn't have a say in the punishment that the Broncos received, you are fooling yourself.

Secondly, the Pats could have been taping PLAYERS last year in Green Bay. A seperate camera angle that may show something they didn't see otherwise.

The rule isn't stated that clearly as people have already pointed out issues with it.

Man, you like to make excuses.

When a rebel is caught, they're usually killed. Maybe Goodell views this as rebellion, disrespect, defiance. Also different time periods, different commissioner.

Even if it is one or more of those things (rebellion, disrespect, whatever), while I don't like to keep having to repeat this -- it is not cheating and it tarnishes no one's legacy.

You want defiance -- Nolan wearing a suit has been outright defiance.

I do not dispute Goodell's right to punish, but say what you are punishing for and make it fit the offense

Wow, weren't you one of the guys going all nuts about what you THOUGHT were bad calls in Super Bowl XL? No debate, just screaming bloody murder without trial!

But now -- even with the Patriots being PROVEN guilty of violating anti-cheating rules -- you want to get all "rational" and stuff. You demand that, by gosh golly, we all THINK before we just go in and condemn.

Where was that "innocent until proven guilty" after Super Bowl XL man? What a difference it is when it's your home boys getting caught, huh?

How do you know they didn't cheat?

Because the rule says that they didn't cheat. Also, because NFL Security ensures that no video playing devices are allowed in the coaches booth or the locker-room.

As others have said, this happened about 8 minutes into the game. There wasn't enough time to decifer which of the 3 coaches sending in signals was the right one and what the plays meant.

Goddell could have said it had no impact because the Jets suck so bad they would lose to anybody by double digits.

If that is what you truly believe, then you clearly think that Goodell just glosses over things.

What is so stupid about this is being told not to do it last year, and deciding to go ahead and do it anyway. I have a teenage son that does stupid sh*t like that all the time.

Actually, from all accounts, the rule is new as of this year. Previously, video equipment was allowed.

I would hope BB would be more mature than my son.

Maturity has nothing to do with it. Particularly if the Pats felt they were being unjustly accused of doing something that other teams were doing themselves.

Wow, weren't you one of the guys going all nuts about what you THOUGHT were bad calls in Super Bowl XL? No debate, just screaming bloody murder without trial!

But now -- even with the Patriots being PROVEN guilty of violating anti-cheating rules -- you want to get all "rational" and stuff. You demand that, by gosh golly, we all THINK before we just go in and condemn.

Where was that "innocent until proven guilty" after Super Bowl XL man? What a difference it is when it's your home boys getting caught, huh?

1st of all, There are no rules against sign stealing in the NFL.
2ndly, I was correct on the calls during SB XL regardless of what the NFL glossed over.
3rd, YOU are a piece of garbage troll who shows up just to spew idiocy.
4th, I never accused the Steelers of cheating moron. I said the refs made bad calls that clearly favored the Steelers.

The difference is that ONE is the league officials screwing up and making the 2005 play-offs the biggest farce in history. In case you missed it, moron, the outrage over the officiating was HUGE.

The other situation is morons like yourself not understanding the difference between breaking a rule and cheating.

Last edited:
Because the rule says that they didn't cheat. Also, because NFL Security ensures that no video playing devices are allowed in the coaches booth or the locker-room.
QUOTE]

Yeah, and ICE (Imigrations and Customs Enforcement) doesn't allow illegal aliens in the country either.

Particularly if the Pats felt they were being unjustly accused of doing something that other teams were doing themselves.

I love this excuse, everybody else is doing it, so we can too.

1st of all, There are no rules against sign stealing in the NFL.
2ndly, I was correct on the calls during SB XL regardless of what the NFL glossed over.
3rd, YOU are a piece of garbage troll who shows up just to spew idiocy.
4th, I never accused the Steelers of cheating moron. I said the refs made bad calls that clearly favored the Steelers.

The difference is that ONE is the league officials screwing up and making the 2005 play-offs the biggest farce in history. In case you missed it, moron, the outrage over the officiating was HUGE.

The other situation is morons like yourself not understanding the difference between breaking a rule and cheating.

Actually, the Stealers DID cheat during their 4 ring "dynasty". I have to question their tainted dynasty though. They cheated by using steroids you know... :bricks:

Actually, the Stealers DID cheat during their 4 ring "dynasty". I have to question their tainted dynasty though. They cheated by using steroids you know... :bricks:

TG -
JockEwing was referring to SB XL (40) when the Steelers were handed the game because of extremely poor officiating. What he also failed to mention was that the entire nation was in an uproar over the poor officiating through-out the entire play-offs that year.

I love this excuse, everybody else is doing it, so we can too.

No that's not the excuse you moron.

If we weren't using sideline video for any edge during games in progress, don't you think the punishment is WAY overboard to the point of being ridiculous?

The 70's Steelers had rampant Steroids use, the 80's 49ers and 90's Broncos cheated the cap, etc etc. Both of these were far worse and improved the allowable talent on the field. The use of sideline videotaping for post-game analysis is a lesser offense in my opinion.

Everyone, just listen to this guy speak at 8pm tonight right before the game, on TV. You'll see what I was talking about over a year ago, this guy is not an impressive individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back