PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Ninkovich appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been to New Lenox playing at the Sanctury a few times last year. I am rooting for the Ninkovich kid. He has the midwestern toughness.

You mean in a band?
If yes then PM me the next time your in town.
I'll come see you play.:rocker:

???

So, because Vrabel and Harrison took a long time to develop, Ninkovich is a strong solid player and a starter? Sure it's possible that Nino is a star waiting to step up, or not.

Ninkovich did not take reps away from Thomas and Burgess last year. Both Thomas and Burgess played in over 50% of our defensive plays. At this point Ninkovich has shown no more than Woods (who gets knocked for no apparent reason here; he is a special teamer and a backup, and is fine in those roles). Ninkovich is also special teamer and backup passrusher.

Ninkovich is a reasonable player to ahve in the OLB/passrusher mix. Banta-Cain and Cunningham are making the team. The rest are competing for an undetermined number of roster spots.

Yes, I expect Ninkovich to make the team. I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't make the team. That would likely mean that Crable took his role. I also wouldn't be surprised to see him step up and play 50% of the defensive reps, replacing Thomas as far as reps.

Two of his four years in the NFL were spent on IR with severe knee injuries. Last year was his first full season in the league. So posting his stats over his "four year career" doesn't prove anything.

Absolutely. Ninkovich is a good athlete who was drafted largely on raw potential (he was a juco transfer with only 2 years in major college football). He was chosen by New Orleans, which was a misfit -- even back in the 2006 draft, a lot of folks here and elsewhere thought his best spot would be 3-4 OLB. Then a couple of season-ending injuries derailed his development.

IOW, despite the fact that he's entering his 5th season in the league, Ninkovich is still a semi-unknown quantity with some upside. Nobody's projecting him to the Pro Bowl, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him take a step up this year.

Dude, I wish I toured with a band and hot chicks coming onto me all the time. I played at the new golf course. Sorry to let you down.

You mean in a band?
If yes then PM me the next time your in town.
I'll come see you play.:rocker:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back