PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan: 'I think we're going to beat' the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game will probably come down to the last possession, and in that case it's hard to see the Pats pulling it off considering how much they've struggled in clutch situations.

The game will probably come down to the last possession, and in that case it's hard to see the Pats pulling it off considering how much they've struggled in clutch situations.

A little bit of non belief shall we say?

I know the Pats have dissapointed so far,but this is a home game and I expect a better effort.

Pats should win by 7-10 points...I think it will be close until the 4th quarter begins and then they will take over...somewhat opposite of yesterday's game

Sorry but i see this as a 14 pt win..this is a game like the buffalo game..people will be doubting them and they know they need the win

If we lose, Jets go 3-0 in the division. Hard to imagine that happening, but if anyone can do it, the Pats can. :(

Rex usually says this when he believes his team is not as good. Last yr when both teams were 5-3 and the division was going to see a change of guard so to speak in the meadowlands, hardly any jet said any such word because they felt they were going to win and tightened up. Right know the dont believe it but Rex is lighting the fire.

I know the Pats have dissapointed so far,but this is a home game and I expect a better effort.

Pats should win by 7-10 points...I think it will be close until the 4th quarter begins and then they will take over...somewhat opposite of yesterday's game

I don't think it will be a close game at all. The Jets won this past week because Indy's run defense was bad enough to make Shonn Greene look good. He isn't good, and running against the Pats' front will prove that. The best way to beat the Pats is through the air, and the Jets have an even worse passing game than Seattle did (Sanchez threw for 82 yards yesterday. They won by taking the ball out of his hands, just like they've always had to do to experience any success).

So why won't this game go the way the Seattle game went? Because Seattle's defense is actually good. The Jets' isn't. Seattle proved that you can beat the Pats, even if your passing game sucks, if two things happen:

1) Your defense forces multiple turnovers
2) The Pats make a ton of uncharacteristic mistakes

If you want to beat the Pats without both of the above happening, you have to actually be effective at passing the ball.

I don't see either happening this weekend. I see the Pats winning by multiple possessions; this seems like a classic "the Pats score a ton of points, Sanchez gets garbage yards and a garbage TD at the end that make his stat line look respectable even though he sucked" games. After this, a solid half of the posters here will fall all over themselves re-crowning the Patriots as champions of the universe, ignoring the fact that the same major issues that face this team today will be facing them next Monday, and beating a genuinely crappy Jets team doesn't change that.

Last edited:
the problem is that if wilson cna throw for 300, so can any QB in the league.

this game is by no means decided

3-13 incoming.

Seriously, this secondary is so awful even Sanchez could be a star for a day.

Rex Ryan must have been teased a lot as a child.

3-13 incoming.

Seriously, this secondary is so awful even Sanchez could be a star for a day.

Can I formally request that we track who makes posts like this, then IP ban all of them if the Patriots end up going 10-6 or better?

They kept Houston within shouting distance and made Luck look pretty bad.

Yes,they don't have Revis but the defense seems to rally around Cromartie and has improved from 2 weeks ago.

Don't just assume their defense will be shattered by Brady,it may be a very competitive game.

Anything can happen, don't get me wrong, but I think it is a huge overreaction to this loss to assume the injury-ridden jets defense is somehow threatening compared to what we just played against.

If you had asked anyone on this board before this last loss how they felt about the jets game, I think the response would have been quite different compared with how people are reacting now.

This is the classic pendulum effect in team perception after a loss. People invariably take a loss too hard and a win to mean too much.

Anything can happen, don't get me wrong, but I think it is a huge overreaction to this loss to assume the injury-ridden jets defense is somehow threatening compared to what we just played against.

If you had asked anyone on this board before this last loss how they felt about the jets game, I think the response would have been quite different compared with how people are reacting now.

This is the classic pendulum effect in team perception after a loss. People invariably take a loss too hard and a win to mean too much.

all of the chicken littles are out now saying we will struggle vs the jets when a week ago we were going to crush them..i don't get it

The Jets have been the only team to have beaten the Pats 3 times since 2009.

IMO,The Pats should win in a competitive game,but expecting a blowout with this secondary not giving up points,even with a dismal Jets offense is a major hope.

I am hoping that Nate Ebner isn't out there as starter and hoping to keep Keller in check

Last edited:
You are right on this......Our secondary is prone to torching by ANYONE right now....and Sancheese seems to generally have good games against the Pats. I still have a funny feeling that the Pats will beat them pretty soundly as a revenge FCk for the loss they incurred this past sunday......This team SHOULD BE Eating lead and sh$tting nickels by Sunday......I know I'm fired up....I kicked my halloween pumpkin off the porch and in to my neighbor's yard....GO PATS!!!!!

the problem is that if wilson cna throw for 300, so can sanchez.

this game is by no means decided

I don't know if I can agree with you. This is not a typical Brady/Belichick
year. I am a season ticket holder who has attended all their home games
the past two years. This team doesn't have the ability to control games
at the end.

Their first home game they lost on the field goal. If they had not
screwed up with some dumb looking plays at the end, they would have
won easily. At the very least, they might have had a shorter field goal.

Their second home game they were holding on for dear life at the end.
A botched fourth down play gave the Broncos the ball deep in Patriots'
territory. If the defense had not caused a fumble the Patriots were in deep trouble.

I think that this game will be a Patriots' blowout or another last minute loss.

Yup, thanks for the bulletin board material Rex. He's got a right to talk but him and his Jets team always take it that extra mile that goes over the line. Thanks for adding fuel to the fire. The Pats are already angry, they are going to take out their frustrations on the Jets next Sunday in a big way. I predict a massive blowout is brewing.

You are right on this......Our secondary is prone to torching by ANYONE right now....and Sancheese seems to generally have good games against the Pats. I still have a funny feeling that the Pats will beat them pretty soundly as a revenge FCk for the loss they incurred this past sunday......This team SHOULD BE Eating lead and sh$tting nickels by Sunday......I know I'm fired up....I kicked my halloween pumpkin off the porch and in to my neighbor's yard....GO PATS!!!!!

Buy another pumpkin, draw Rex Ryan's face on it, and it give it another boot off the porch!

Yup, thanks for the bulletin board material Rex. He's got a right to talk but him and his Jets team always take it that extra mile that goes over the line. Thanks for adding fuel to the fire. The Pats are already angry, they are going to take out their frustrations on the Jets next Sunday in a big way. I predict a massive blowout is brewing.

So they weren't angry when they got beat by Arizona by a chip shot field goal on thier home turf?,they lost the next weekend

It doesn't matter if they are 'angry' or not...it's irrelevant,it's the game plan and preparation I worry about,'Anger' has nothing to do with it.

Whoever plays better on the Gillette stadium field next sunday wins the game,talk means nothing.

Last edited:
Its a division game and both teams know each other so equating wilson to sanchez makes no sense. Pats have seen sanchez and the jets have seen brady so there wont be surprises there . The Pats coaching staff should know and figure out what the jets like to throw and where. Just double keller and shut down the running game. If sanchez can consistently beat you with hill and hill then he deserves all the praises he gets. I suspect the first play from scrimmage will be a deep pass attempt with max protection like wilson's play yesterday either by sanchez or tebow.

Last edited:
I don't think it will be a close game at all. The Jets won this past week because Indy's run defense was bad enough to make Shonn Greene look good. He isn't good, and running against the Pats' front will prove that. The best way to beat the Pats is through the air, and the Jets have an even worse passing game than Seattle did (Sanchez threw for 82 yards yesterday. They won by taking the ball out of his hands, just like they've always had to do to experience any success).

So why won't this game go the way the Seattle game went? Because Seattle's defense is actually good. The Jets' isn't. Seattle proved that you can beat the Pats, even if your passing game sucks, if two things happen:

1) Your defense forces multiple turnovers
2) The Pats make a ton of uncharacteristic mistakes

If you want to beat the Pats without both of the above happening, you have to actually be effective at passing the ball.

I don't see either happening this weekend. I see the Pats winning by multiple possessions; this seems like a classic "the Pats score a ton of points, Sanchez gets garbage yards and a garbage TD at the end that make his stat line look respectable even though he sucked" games. After this, a solid half of the posters here will fall all over themselves re-crowning the Patriots as champions of the universe, ignoring the fact that the same major issues that face this team today will be facing them next Monday, and beating a genuinely crappy Jets team doesn't change that.

I agree. If the Pats can beat Peyton Manning and the Broncos, they certainly can beat Sanchez and the Jets.

The Jets don't match up well with the Pats. They matched up perfectly with the Colts since the Colts can run with their starting RB in there and their run defense sucks. I can't see Shonn Greene running on the Pats when guys like Marshawn Lynch (15 carries for 41 yards), Willis MaGahee (14 carries for 51 yards), Fred Jackson (13 carries for 29 yards), CJ Spiller (8 carries for 33 yards), and Chris Johnson (11 carries for 4 yards) couldn't. The only RB wh has run on the Pats with any effectiveness has been Ray Rice. Also, if you can take Reggie Wayne away from Luck, he is ineffective which the Jets did.

And as for going toe to toe with Houston, Houston just got totally embarrassed last night by the Packers (the first team this year to do so BTW). Houston looks to be a team that is running out of steam after a fast start. Houston's secondary was so bad vs. the Jets that there were WRs open even more than even the Pats' secondary could do and Sanchez either over/under threw them or they dropped the pass. Houston's secondary sucks maybe as bad as the Pats all the sudden and they don't have the offensive fire power.

Last edited:
Its a division game and both teams know each other so equating wilson to sanchez makes no sense. Pats have seen sanchez and the jets have seen brady so there wont be surprises there . The Pats coaching staff should know and figure out what the jets like to throw and where. Just double keller and shut down the running game. If sanchez can consistently beat you with hill and hill then he deserves all the praises he gets. I suspect the first play from scrimmage will be a deep pass attempt with max protection like wilson's play yesterday either by sanchez or tebow.

That means 7-0 Jets early :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes