PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan: 'I think we're going to beat' the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure we were both 4-3 going into the Giants stadium match up against the Jets last year!

We were coming off two morale sapping defeats to the steelers and Giants! and they were on a three game role I think.

Smack talking all week from the jets and we destroyed them! I'm hoping this week is a mirror of last year!

Last edited:
"We're going to eat the Patriots."

I hope the Patriots tie their shoelaces tight.

Cant blame him. Toss it deep and cross your fingers. I do however think the weather and the travel didnt help the Pats. Hopefully the Pats arent as beat up as it looked. I think we will have a much better game against the Rats

Hahah very true.

Especially with Sanchez playing lights out this past week going 10 for 18 and 82 yards. :p

After making what'shisname Wilson (or whatever his name is) at Seattle look like Peyton, I don't doubt our Secondary could turn the Sanchize into Montana.

I don't give a flying **** what Rex' blood pressure is or whether or what he thinks about a "Dynasty." I do care that the Pats are not going to win if they don't bring something different this week.

Oh come on now.

Wilson has a 63% completion % for the year, hes rated higher then romo newton and stafford.

The kid isnt exactly a terrible QB.

Sanchez is throwing 49% right now.

Russel is clearly a better QB then Sanchez at the moment, and Russel benefited from 2 late Brady ints.

Everyone needs to take a breath.. BREATHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH people.

The seahawks are a good team(better then most of the afc) with the second best defense in the league.

That was a playoff caliber game, and we lost by what 2 points? If we get a field goal instead of that redzone Pick we win the game.

I don't think this game is a gimme. The three teams to beat the Pats this year have good defenses and scrub QB's that feast on our secondary. That is exactly what the Jets have, though the defense is much less potent with Revis gone. They still have the ability to be very annoying and keep their team in the game (Except against the 49'ers) This game makes me nervous.

I liked this Bulletin Board material stuff when the likes of Ty Law - Richard Seymour - Rodney Harrison and Teddy B was here. Its doesn't work with this Seconday...because if the Jets have the ball last down by 3 i think they score a TD and win. I have lost all confidence this our Secondary. *Just throw it up good things will happen* against the Patriots Secondary.:rolleyes:

*Slogan for opposing QB's*

Last edited:
After watching that game yesterday I cannot blame him for saying that. Wilson is not great, nor are the receivers, Seahawks have a 29th ranked offese in the NFL yet somehow the pats secondary could not stop them.

Sanchez is not a great QB and the jets are down receivers but that does not mean he cannot go off and throw for 300+ yards and 3 Tds against this team. Like Ty Law said yesterday: Pats have the worst secondary in thye NFL.

Oh and BTW you can make fun of Sanchez and his 10 for 18 and 82 yards if you want but Wilson had a 82.3 QB rating last week and a 45.8 rating the week before and against the pats he had a 133.7 rating. Pats are great at making average Qbs look like first ballot HOF players. Don't think for a second the jets are not going to try and throw the ball 40+ times.

Last edited:
After watching that game yesterday I cannot blame him for saying that. Wilson is not great, nor are the receivers, Seahawks have a 29th ranked offese in the NFL yet somehow the pats secondary could not stop them.

Sanchez is not a great QB and the jets are down receivers but that does not mean he cannot go off and throw for 300+ yards and 3 Tds against this team. Like Ty Law said yesterday: Pats have the worst secondary in thye NFL.

Oh and BTW you can make fun of Sanchez and his 10 for 18 and 82 yards if you want but Wilson had a 82.3 QB rating last week and a 45.8 rating the week before and against the pats he had a 133.7 rating. Pats are great at making average Qbs look like first ballot HOF players. Don't think for a second the jets are not going to try and throw the ball 40+ times.

The Jets would be fools not throw it 58 times.;):D

I uderstand why some fans are down but this is where BB and Brady take it up a notch and show what they're made of. BB will do something about this defense and Brady wont have a game as bad as the Seattle game the rest of the year. This one slipped away, they wont let another one slip away this year.

This is going to be a long week media-wise..

Heh, this guy ...

Shoooore Sanchez can play like Wilson. But he is forgetting the fact that they haven't got a defense in New Jersey.

Wilson isn't a good quarterback, but his arm strength and mobility are both superior to Sanchez. And the Seahawks WRs aren't good, but Sidney Rice and Braylon are a better combo than Jeremy Kerley and whoever else the Jets are trying to pretend is an NFL-caliber WR on their roster.

The only offensive player who scares me at all on the Jets is McKnight. Greene is still a crappy RB who just happened to have a really good day against a really bad run defense. He won't get half the numbers that he goes against Indy against the Pats' front 7. Unfortunately, I fully expect Sanchez to throw for 300 yards and a couple of TDs, but I'm confident that the Pats can outscore that.

The best news is that the Jets probably have the worst coverage LBs (and coverage safeties, for that matter) in the NFL. Gronk should be able to explode against these guys; in fact, if he doesn't, then I'm going to start being really worried about him.

Last edited:
Heh, this guy ...

Shoooore Sanchez can play like Wilson. But he is forgetting the fact that they haven't got a defense in New Jersey.

They kept Houston within shouting distance and made Luck look pretty bad.

Yes,they don't have Revis but the defense seems to rally around Cromartie and has improved from 2 weeks ago.

Don't just assume their defense will be shattered by Brady,it may be a very competitive game.

Although I think Ryan's comments are pretty innocuous, his tough talk after wins is getting a little pathetic. Two weeks ago, Ryan was practically crying on the podium and now he is talking about how he thinks the Jets are going to beat the the Pats after beating up on the horrible Colts.

Personally, I think this is a good match up for the Pats. Unlike the Colts, the Pats can run the ball and stop the run and those are two big weaknesses of the Jets.

They kept Houston within shouting distance and made Luck look pretty bad.

Yes,they don't have Revis but the defense seems to rally around Cromartie and has improved from 2 weeks ago.

Don't just assume their defense will be shattered by Brady,it may be a very competitive game.

I expect a tough game.

Their defense can give us problems.

If we execute properly, we should be fine--but I'm not going into the game thinking that anything is a sure thing.

Although I think Ryan's comments are pretty innocuous, his tough talk after wins is getting a little pathetic. Two weeks ago, Ryan was practically crying on the podium and now he is talking about how he thinks the Jets are going to beat the the Pats after beating up on the horrible Colts.

Personally, I think this is a good match up for the Pats. Unlike the Colts, the Pats can run the ball and stop the run and those are two big weaknesses of the Jets.

I think Rex is going back to his January 2011 playoff week speech to try and get his team fired up..after all, it worked the last time (at least arguably, it certainly didn't hurt).

This is a do or die game for the Jets. They smell blood in the water, and even though they don't match up as well as some other teams, we may get their best shot.

he's the prototypical bully, beats up on cripples and bangs his chest afterward but when he gets punched in the mouth he literally cries to mommy.

The Jets scoring points this season is really just fluky. The Pats will win by 3-4 touchdowns. At least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes