PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Season-ending torn Achilles for Wilfork

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pouha
Hampton
Seymour

Hampton wouldn't be bad! If Pouha's back is fine, again would be a good signing - both are very good NTs.

Now the season is well under way hopefully Seymour will be willing to take reasonable money now.

We need armstead back!!! But vellano looked pretty good last night with his sack. We pretty much played the whole game without Vince.
Armstead, whos Armstead? Oh yah, that guy who hasn't played a down even in Pre Season or in the NFL Seriously, no none knows how well he play or the impact he would have. While hopefully he can play and have an impact i'm more inclined to put my faith in some one like Pouha or Hampton.

Didn't VW walk off on his own? Ive never seen someone who ruptured and Achilies tendon not hit the ground writhing in pain. MAYBE its not a full blow rupture, there are different degrees as to the severity, i know ive had Three of them.

Wilfork out for the year with torn Achilles

Well this stinks.

Y! SPORTS

MAYBE its not a full blow rupture, there are different degrees as to the severity, i know ive had Three of them.

Rupturing the middle leg doesn't count.

Re: Wilfork out for the year with torn Achilles

Really? This is the first I heard of this. Can anyone else confirm? You'd think there would be a thread already about this if it was real. :D

Obviously bad news but we will find a way, it's still very early in the season. The next few weeks might be ugly but good to have it happen earlier than later so there is time to adjust to something like this.

Adversity seems to be the theme this year. Welker, Hernandez, and now Wilfork gone. Really seems like we haven't had the real Vince anyways this season. Yet we are 4-0.

Agreed. This stinks and best wishes to Vince. There is nothing we can do but move on. Wondering if the guy who came in for Wilfork is any good. He did have a sack, and big Vince went down early and Atlanta still didn't have much of a running game, but I am not sure they have much of a running game in general, particularly with Steven Jackson out.

Can Julian Edelman play DT?:cool:

Hope Bill puts his pride to the side and calls Seymour.

Maybe he can ask Terrell Sugs what he *COUGH* took *COUGH* to get back so quickly.

That sucks, figured it was bad but still hoped for some good news. If there was ever a time to bring Seymour back, this is it.

That sucks, figured it was bad but still hoped for some good news. If there was ever a time to bring Seymour back, this is it.

I'm with you, 100% The problem, from what I've read/heard in reports over the years, is that all indications are that the bridge was pretty well charred on both ends...

Someone would have to make the first move, and I'm not sure if either side is going to be willing to do that. Seymour/Pouha or Seymour/Hampton would be pairs I'd love to see the Patriots bring in.

So everything you have posted as "facts" in your last 3 posts are just BS. If Vince is out for the year he will rehab and probably come back as good as ever.

Great point Nuts - if anyone could benefit from missing some live game action it would be Wilfork who has played an enormous number of snaps over the last 3-4 years, if there is a potential positive in this otherwise crappy situation it's that it the time off could reduce the wear and tear on Wilfork's 32 year old 350 pound body which could result in an extended shelf life for him as player.

Terrible news....I thought it looked bad but didn't realise the extent of his injuries. And those bird fans thought he was faking!!!!!

Had to be playing with this issue all year

That one would take Dr. Phil to pull off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes