Not open for further replies.

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Report: New York Jets have interest in wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders | masslive.com

The New York Jets may attempt to pull one of the New England Patriots' safety nets out from under them.

If the Patriots are unable to sign wide receiver Julian Edelman to a new deal, it is expected that the team will once again kick the tires on Emmanuel Sanders. But if the Pittsburgh Steelers fail to re-sign Sanders, the New York Jets are expected to make a run at the wide receiver, according to the New York Daily News.

The Daily News reports that the Jets are expected to part ways with wide receiver Santonio Holmes, which will free up $8.25 million in cap space to add to the $20.2 million the team already has.

So, if the Pats still want him, they may have to pony up and the lowly Jets will be in the competition to sign Sanders so that Smith can underthrow him and Sanders can watch the back of the opposing CB's jersey take one to the house.

When I first saw the thread title I thought: Deion is going to be a Jet?

Wouldn't surprise me to be honest, they were assembling the "all-washed up" team a few years ago. Jason Taylor among others :lol:

The Jets think Leon Sandcastle is for real and are looking to lock him up to a long term deal.

Report: Sanders not interested in Jets

If the Pats lose out on Sanders to the Jets, it isn't the biggest thing. I wouldn't mind him on the team, but I don't think he is a must have for the Pats. Also, I don't think he will do enough to improve the Jets' god-awful offense.

If the Pats lose out on Sanders to the Jets, it isn't the biggest thing. I wouldn't mind him on the team, but I don't think he is a must have for the Pats. Also, I don't think he will do enough to improve the Jets' god-awful offense.

I really don't think the Patriots will have any interest at all in Sanders. They were interested in him last year:

A. Before the draft, where they used the second round pick on Aaron Dobson, as well as a fourth round pick on Josh Boyce and now have a potential starter in Kenbrell Thompkins.
B. In the last year of his contract, when it appeared they could sign him to a long-term deal without needing to outbid other teams.
C. Before Sanders showed that he is not a great receiver by any stretch (700 yards), as it was presumed his production would have been better without both Wallace and Brown eating up passing attempts.

I'm guessing the Pats don't even contact him, unless it's to drive up the price.

I wanted him last year...but the more i think about it..the more i couldn't careless if he came here or not. Not a #1 WR which i still think we need until Dobson develops.

We will resign edelman. Have DA, Dobson ect. Really don't like the sanders fit anymore.

Have fun in the bottom of the division bud!

He probably will be if they pay him more than anyone else.
Let them overpay for him. He's decent but no world-beater, especially with the prospect of Choadboy throwing at him.

Reporting from anonymous sources always makes me suspect...

I wanted him last year...but the more i think about it..the more i couldn't careless if he came here or not. Not a #1 WR which i still think we need until Dobson develops.

We will resign edelman. Have DA, Dobson ect. Really don't like the sanders fit anymore.

Have fun in the bottom of the division bud!

Having watched him - I always thought he was tailor-made for the Pats...strong route runner, good YAC, seems to always be where he is supposed to be (ie, bailing out Big Ben when he has held onto the ball for 7 seconds).

I expect the jets to be interested in Blount, Talib, Edelman, and Spikes.

I think if we resign Edelman, let the rookies and Amendola get another year under their belt, draft one or two tight ends(it's a deep draft this year) our offense will be fine. I don't think we need to pay someone like Sanders who might command big money.

I would rather focus our attention on the defense if we are going to go after free agents.

I expect the jets to be interested in Blount, Talib, Edelman, and Spikes.

I would laugh if they tried to pay all of them and Sanders and found their way back into cap hell like they were after 2010.

I would laugh if they tried to pay all of them and Sanders and found their way back into cap hell like they were after 2010.

Me too. Unfortunately i think the new GM is not going to go the Tanny route and screw them for a longshot at the SB and will choose to build year to year instead. However i still think that Rex would love to grab a couple of these guys.

he Jets already have targeted impending free agents Jeremy Maclin and Emmanuel Sanders, and they hope to sign one or both, reports Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News.
2014 free-agent roundup

Eric Decker is on the Jets' radar as well, but some in the organization aren't sold on his potential as a true No. 1 receiver, per Mehta.

Maclin makes plenty of sense, as he played in Philadelphia under offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg. The 2009 first-round draft pick and the Eagles have expressed mutual interest in a new contract, so it's not certain that he will hit the open market.

lets see how much they throw at maclin

I think if we resign Edelman, let the rookies and Amendola get another year under their belt, draft one or two tight ends(it's a deep draft this year) our offense will be fine. I don't think we need to pay someone like Sanders who might command big money.

I would rather focus our attention on the defense if we are going to go after free agents.
Nice to see some level-headed newbies around here.

:welcome:

Report: New York Jets have interest in wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders | masslive.com

So, if the Pats still want him, they may have to pony up and the lowly Jets will be in the competition to sign Sanders so that Smith can underthrow him and Sanders can watch the back of the opposing CB's jersey take one to the house.

NO Team should pony up for a guy who has NEVER or even come close to a 1000yds receiving. If Sanders is a Speed guy his receiving numbers and average is pretty poor sorry but I would pass I don't get the following for this guy. Emmanuel Sanders = Jag WR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes