PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure NEW ARTICLE: REPORT: Patriots Won’t Tender Olszewski, Returner Will Become a Free Agent - Update: He's signed with the Steelers

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
If no Berrios...then I hope Gunner returns (pun intended)

They should sign him to a deal for something like 3/$4.5M, especially if Bolden leaves.

Gunner will prolly get a base level deal of 3 years / 5 with 2.25 guaranteed or something like that .

Glad he wasn’t tendered, and hope he’s gone for good… Dude showed No progress as a WR, and what ****ing good is a PR-only when your shyte defense doesn’t force any punts?

Hope he doesn’t leave, great ST player, I was surprised when he didn’t turn a better receiver. I thought he was going to become a good slot receiver.

Hope he doesn’t leave, great ST player, I was surprised when he didn’t turn a better receiver. I thought he was going to become a good slot receiver.
FWIW, all of Brady's slot receivers—Brady, Welker, Edelman, Amendola—needed several years before they "blossomed."

The strange thing is that reports had Olszewski as the second-best receiver in camp in 2020. .Admittedly, that's a pretty low bar, but then he went on IR the first three weeks, and they seemed to ignore him at WR after that.

i think he is pretty easily replacable

FWIW, all of Brady's slot receivers—Brady, Welker, Edelman, Amendola—needed several years before they "blossomed."

The strange thing is that reports had Olszewski as the second-best receiver in camp in 2020. .Admittedly, that's a pretty low bar, but then he went on IR the first three weeks, and they seemed to ignore him at WR after that.

Yep, hope they bring him back.

REPORT: Patriots Won’t Tender Olszewski, Returner Will Become a Free Agent
Ian Logue
Some interesting news on Wednesday after ESPN reporter Mike Reiss revealed that New England's All-Pro returner, Gunner Olszewski, may be about to hit the open market.

The post REPORT: Patriots Won’t Tender Olszewski, Returner Will Become a Free Agent appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Honestly, Gunner has shown NOTHING in regular season as a WR…..he is a decent return man….decent……but no one is going to go nuts over the guy cash wise….and most likely he will be back with Patriots

Harry has been great in camp.

No big deal in my opinion. He just didn’t develop beyond the PR role. Really hoped he could be the next in line of Welker, Amendola and Edelman, but it didn’t happen.

Edelman didn't become relevant in the passing game until year 5.
Yes, Year Five.
Look it up.

He may be back, but not at a tender offer #.

Yes, Year Five.
Look it up.

The problem with using Edelman as context in all decisions regarding receivers is we won't let any go till year 6 based on similar principals. There was clearly a reason we stuck with Julian and similar for letting Gunner go.

Yes, Year Five.
Look it up.

Edelman was behind some guy named Welker which kept him from seeing signicant playing time.

Yes, Year Five.
Look it up.

Edelman was behind some guy named Welker which kept him from seeing signicant playing time.
I agree with both of you. Edelman was better than I remembered playing in spot duty, but he wasn’t going to unseat Welker. However, remember the bizarre 2012 opener when they tried featuring Edelman?

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back