PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Aqib Talib Has Hip Flexor Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on the region, Grade I strains (the minor variety) can take anywhere between 14-21 days to fully heal. I'd prefer players are given the time they need to make a full recovery before putting them on the field.

And do we know its Grade one? All I was really responding to was the arbitrary assignment of a time frame based on nothing more than the importance of a player and an injury that may or may not be the same as last year.

And do we know its Grade one? All I was really responding to was the arbitrary assignment of a time frame based on nothing more than the importance of a player and an injury that may or may not be the same as last year.
No, but I'm going to assume that it's a Grade I because that's what it looked like. I was providing you with an appropriate timetable for a realistic return date if so.

I think you're arguing for the hell of it. Talib could go out there next week... and pull it even more.

It doesn't need to be said that muscles heal with time, does it? Is that required now?

sorry if it seems like I am picking a fight for no reason but I am fed up with the he is too important and we need him healthy for the playoffs attitude that is very prevalent on the board these days. If this were true we should try and win the regular season with Mallet and save Tom.

Guess you have to release him, too injury prone. too much money, besides, Logan Ryan can easily replace him................

Guess you have to release him, too injury prone. too much money, besides, Logan Ryan can easily replace him................

Do you get some weird kind of satisfaction from continually making these straw man arguments all over these forums? You've spent the last year-plus consistently railing against arguments that pretty much nobody's making, and derailing a ton of threads in the process.

No, but I'm going to assume that it's a Grade I because that's what it looked like. I was providing you with an appropriate timetable for a realistic return date if so.

It is weird- it didn't look bad when it happened, and it seems that he didn't think it was that bad at first, since he tried to continue playing on it. But then again, his hip injury last year didn't look that bad either. It seems like it's a chronic issue, at this point. Hopefully he can get back to 100% sooner rather than later, but I guess the silver lining is that missing a couple of games might knock down his price tag in free agency considerably.

Do you get some weird kind of satisfaction from continually making these straw man arguments all over these forums? You've spent the last year-plus consistently railing against arguments that pretty much nobody's making, and derailing a ton of threads in the process.

Actually i was mocking the arguments others make about Wilfork, Welker etc..., but good job not understanding that.

If you don't think people have been making arguments that Welker, Wilfork etc.. are too old, too overpriced etc.... then you really haven't paid any attention at all, because those are the exact arguments i argued against.

If you don't think people have been making arguments that Welker, Wilfork etc.. are too old, too overpriced etc.... then you really haven't paid any attention at all, because those are the exact arguments i argued against.

So you are saying that 'people' have made 'arguments'? Holy !@#$, shut down the board!

So you are saying that 'people' have made 'arguments'? Holy !@#$, shut down the board!

Oh my, someone is mocking stupid arguments, Holy ***** shut the board down.

I understood. And, in understanding, I also understood that it's a straw man (not even a good one) and a dumb post.

"Logan Ryan can easily replace him" is the definition of a straw man. Nobody on this forum has ever claimed it, and it has no relevant corollary if you're referring to the Talib/Wilfork discussion (since Talib obviously doesn't replace Wilfork, they play different positions) or the whole Welker debacle (in which pretty much everyone agreed that Amendola wasn't going to replace Welker's production).

But again, yet another swing and a miss. The act is getting pretty tiresome. Get a new schtick.

More wussy fandom. You can't have your best players not playing just to keep them healthy. If it keeps him out til the bye so be it but if he is ready before he is playing.

Congratulations on being such a tough fan, Superman.

I bet you absolutely pound the crap out of those keys! :D

Gronk's doctor just sent Talib an email.

"Aqib, I understand you're in a contract year. I'm offering my services today for 20% off right now and will take 2% from your next contract!"

if the medical staff clears him, he plays.

I understood. And, in understanding, I also understood that it's a straw man (not even a good one) and a dumb post.

"Logan Ryan can easily replace him" is the definition of a straw man. Nobody on this forum has ever claimed it, and it has no relevant corollary if you're referring to the Talib/Wilfork discussion (since Talib obviously doesn't replace Wilfork, they play different positions) or the whole Welker debacle (in which pretty much everyone agreed that Amendola wasn't going to replace Welker's production).

But again, yet another swing and a miss. The act is getting pretty tiresome. Get a new schtick.

Don't like it? tough, feel free to put me on ignore any time you like, i could care less.

"Logan Ryan can easily replace him was mocking the old "Edelman can easily replace Welker" meme, which was repeated over and over in this forum. Basically i am tired of just how fickle this fanbase is, and make that clear, anyone who doesn't like it can simply ignore me, i'm fine with that. Those who continue to take big smelly dumps on guys who give everything to this franchise deserve to be mocked, and if you can't handle that then that's just too bad.

If you don't get the reference then it isn't the post that is dumb.

I'm eager beaver to see how old Logan RYAN will do!

Should be interesting.

The thing about hip flexor injuries is they are similar to hamstring injuries in that they tend to linger. All can look good and then you tweak it again. There's also different levels to this type of strain so we'll have to wait and see.

My take is he has a Grade 1 Hip Flexor strain with a recovery time of 1 to 3 weeks. My opinion is based on seeing Talib leaving the field and walking down the stairs with what looked like some discomfort but not a great lot of difficulty and reports of him walking through the locker room without a limp.

My concern is why it happened. Was it because he over extended it on a play and it's a one time freak kind of injury or is it a repetitive type injury. If it is repetitive type that can occur, then it speaks to an underlying problem that puts him at risk for reoccurrence.

Gronk's doctor just sent Talib an email.

"Aqib, I understand you're in a contract year. I'm offering my services today for 20% off right now and will take 2% from your next contract!"

And that is how much better than the Patriots' doctors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes