PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Love Talib's talent and class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Class is a little strong, didn't he shoot his brother in law?
Aqib Talib - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Talent, I agree.

The man Aqib Talib shot at..

[quote="Rick Stroud, Tampa Bay Times Staff Writer]Billings, a registered sex offender with the state of Texas, is sitting in Dallas County jail in lieu of $265,000 bail after being arrested March 1 on charges of indecency with a child/sexual contact.

He also was arrested Dec. 10 on a charge of sexual assault and was jailed in lieu of $25,000 bail. However, the grand jury returned a "no bill'' in the case, according to court records.[/quote]

What Ive been able to gather from my proz Internets search... ;)

1) Shannon Billings was a live in boyfriend of Talib's sister.

1a) Talib's sister, Saran had underage children.

2) Talib's and Saran's mother arrived on the scene and fired shots at Shannon Billings (both of them were charged with assault)

2a The gun that Talib may or may not have fired at Billings was in fact his mothers gun that he took away from her.

2b In fairness, it looks like Talib's own gun jammed as he attempted to pistol whip Billings with it.

2c Billings somehow ended up with Talib's gun?

3) Shannon Billings is a registered sex offender (and as best I can determine, he did jail time for the rape of a 13 year old girl)

4) Charges were dropping when Billings was charged with a separate account of indecency/sexual contact with a child.

Ive done the math here.

I for one applaud Talib for his self-restraint and for the leadership qualities he showed in taking the pistol away from his mother.

He's in a contract year. I love what the guy has brought to this D, but let's not canonize him for saying exactly what you're supposed to say to maximize your earnings on your next contract. Recent history is littered with guys who toed the line in contract years; the fact that he can do it too just means that he has a baseline level of savvy and self control.
I think i'd rather hear these comments than going all Randy Moss...

also, he only played 13 games this year and has had issues with injuries. if you pro-rate those 3 games, he'd get 8.125 million which would be equivalent to getting 10 million. Still would be too steep for a patriot, but maybe with incentives?

The man Aqib Talib shot at..

What Ive been able to gather from my proz Internets search... ;)

1) Shannon Billings was a live in boyfriend of Talib's sister.

1a) Talib's sister, Saran had underage children.

2) Talib's and Saran's mother arrived on the scene and fired shots at Shannon Billings (both of them were charged with assault)

2a The gun that Talib may or may not have fired at Billings was in fact his mothers gun that he took away from her.

2b In fairness, it looks like Talib's own gun jammed as he attempted to pistol whip Billings with it.

2c Billings somehow ended up with Talib's gun?

3) Shannon Billings is a registered sex offender (and as best I can determine, he did jail time for the rape of a 13 year old girl)

4) Charges were dropping when Billings was charged with a separate account of indecency/sexual contact with a child.

Ive done the math here.

I for one applaud Talib for his self-restraint and for the leadership qualities he showed in taking the pistol away from his mother.

Thank you for this. We are very quick to judge people's "character" here like we know what these guys come from or go through. Talib was a bit of a loose cannon in college and his first few years with Tampa, but he's grown up. Talib just keeps it real and is who he is, he isn't a phony, and some people have a hard time with that.

Shannon Billings is lucky. You don't mess with kids, and that scumbag may have gotten shot by a lot of people in a situation where he's beating up someone' sister and is a rapist.

I'll take Aqib Talib on my team any day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

'Saying the right things' is in itself a positive attribute. Control/restraint of thought and action can be an important part of character. Further, we don't know that he was simply uttering the right things instead speaking how he feels. His next comment about the Patriots/"the real NFL" certainly rings true (other players have said it in some form or fashion).

Also, finding a single incident and defining someone from it is usually unfair. All people make mistakes, more than a few are large ones. If everyone was to be defined by a mistake/a single incident of very poor judgment, there ain't gonna be many of us that make the grade.

Lastly, a player seeking his most lucrative contract is not in itself wrong. It's unfair to believe someone should turn down their most lucrative offer simply because you root for team X and believe team X is the better place to work.
IMHO, considering his comments about "the real NFL", Talib is apt to stay with the Patriots for less -- with it coming down to how much a 'non real NFL team' offers, how much below that the Patriots' offer is, what $$$ value he places on playing in the 'real NFL' (hopefully a lot). What would be ideal is if he outright decided to stay and instructed his agent to work with BB on a deal that would work for both parties (not likely to happen but it would be ideal).

Love Talibs swagger, defensive abilities and (acc. to SMZ) how much he is respected in the Pats Locker Room... he also says really good things about how much he loves this team...

Did not like his shenanigans in the Carolina game with Steve Smith... showed little self control and acted stupid.

It is a small price to pay for someone with ability and attitude...

can't pay talib...he can't stay healthy and help when it matters most

Hate his bowing out like a pansy in AFCCG's

Know what I don't love about Talib? His tendency to get hurt early in conference championship games.

He's a ******* P-U-S-S-Y!!! Two championships in a row and he limps off the field each time? This time he sprints back onto the field? Get back out there you ******* vagina.

Please don't bring this guy back. Back to back afc championship games and he goes down early. I bet it's an ego thing with him. see what you guys are without me? Pay me.

don't bring this joke back on the team. He can't handle the big games.

He's a ******* P-U-S-S-Y!!! Two championships in a row and he limps off the field each time? This time he sprints back onto the field? Get back out there you ******* vagina.

This is a sensationalist response after our team got bossed, and I couldn't agree more. Have fun in Washington where your tendency to duck out of playoff games doesn't matter.

Aqib Talib is not worth the money.

would love to have him back, obviously with some discount.
dude does get hurt a bit, but then its not exactly a game of tiddly winks. We're better with him. thats for sure.

This is a sensationalist response after our team got bossed, and I couldn't agree more. Have fun in Washington where your tendency to duck out of playoff games doesn't matter.

lets see, checked out of the first Denver game late, checked out of both AFCCG's early, checked out of the monday night game in Carolina. I know I'm probably missing a couple of games too. Checked out of the New Orleans game late. Seems like any big/tight game Talib can't stay on the field for 60 min. You can't have your best DB doing that. Sherman, Revis, all the great ones stay on the field and make plays all game long. Talib is damn talented but I'd be on board with letting him walk because of his injury history/tendency.

They were moving the ball with or without him. It was not going to make a difference, we could not get to Manning, that is where the outrage should be!
We need big and fast guys on that DL.

I don't we should break the bank for Talib with his recurring hip issues. Revis might be available. I would throw some money at him.

It's scary how much difference a single great man-coverage CB like Talib seems to make to this defense..

It's also scary how regularly Talib seems to get hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST