PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is the son of the New York Jets SECURITY director. The guy who tipped off the NFL about buggin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robert Mastroddi Sr: "My private conversations to Goodell and Kensil over the phone are not to be tweeted to the public Jr. Now I got to make some calls to Espn and kiss their ass to keep this out of the mainstream media."

He is a Sophomore now at SUNY Cortland, which puts him about 17 or so at the time of those tweets.

Regardless of age, though - - a supposedly prominent former Homeland Security Intelligence honcho like Mastroddi should have been able to flag his own kid's writings about wishing death on a rival player on a public platform pretty damn easily.
Thanks for the info. That clears things up a little. But what he has done SHOULD be an embarrassment to his father, and the way to get him off the hook would be to issue an apology for his over zealous remarks. Either that or the old man should issue some sort of statement concerning his son's behavior.

A man with a senior level management position shouldn't be in a position where he encourages or accepts a call for a player to die a horrible death in the name of sports. This is really a lot of nothing, I would expect his son to be a rabid Jet fan, who hates the Patriots. But in this day and age, we have to be made responsible for what we put out there in the world and what he tweeted went beyond the pale

Thanks for the info. That clears things up a little. But what he has done SHOULD be an embarrassment to his father, and the way to get him off the hook would be to issue an apology for his over zealous remarks. Either that or the old man should issue some sort of statement concerning his son's behavior.

A man with a senior level management position shouldn't be in a position where he encourages or accepts a call for a player to die a horrible death in the name of sports. This is really a lot of nothing, I would expect his son to be a rabid Jet fan, who hates the Patriots. But in this day and age, we have to be made responsible for what we put out there in the world and what he tweeted went beyond the pale

I agree with most of your post, but I disagree with "this is really a lot of nothing". It is part of the mosaic of Robert Mastroddi that is beginning to come into focus.

Between his son's public (and, until 68 minutes ago, undeleted) tweets, Mastroddi being the direct successor as Jets VP Security/Facility Operations from Mike Kensil (the 2006 succession hand-off) and the well-known employment relationship between the Jets and the NFL Headquarters, everything is becoming a lot more clear (and disturbing).

The guy is the son of the same man who tipped off the League about bugs in the Vistor's Lockeroom....and he's bragging about sitting in the same suite as Woody Johnson during the game. This is not just some doofus on twitter.

He's obviously a doofus, just not any doofus.

It warms my heart to imagine the reaction of jerk offs like this when Malcolm did his thing back in February.

Precisely.

Once I stopped jumping up and down in celebration after the Butler did it, all I could think of was how much that must have stung for all of them. They really do add to the enjoyment.

The NFL is loaded with Jets connections?

This is my shocked face.

pg2_a_belichick_300.jpg

Thank you, Malcolm Butler. Thank you so, so, SO much. God. I don't even want to imagine how much more annoying these past nine months would've been without him.

Super+Bowl+XLIX+New+England+Patriots+v+Seattle+-xX2zElPZIlx.jpg

Tom-Brady-Roger-Goodell-mem.jpg

I will die happy knowing these things happened. Suck it, Roger and NYJFL.

Another loquacious turd blossom flapping his lips. Rip em off him, Tommy.

From the son of New York Jets security director, Robert Mastroddi, the man who tried to "report" the Patriots last week to the League.

Jets instigated sideline interrogation of three Kraft Sports employees

“Jets Security Director Robert Mastroddi made an inquiry with NFL Security regarding the presence of two individuals wearing headsets and Patriots attire, who were positioned outside of the bench area on the Patriots sideline,” the email states. “Mastroddi requested to know who they were, and expressed concern given their proximity to the Patriots bench.

PFT has obtained a copy of an email message detailing the incident that happened during the third quarter of the game.

“Jets Security Director Robert Mastroddi made an inquiry with NFL Security regarding the presence of two individuals wearing headsets and Patriots attire, who were positioned outside of the bench area on the Patriots sideline,” the email states. “Mastroddi requested to know who they were, and expressed concern given their proximity to the Patriots bench.”

Lenny Bandy and **** Farley of NFL Security thereafter investigated the situation, questioning three employees of Kraft Sports, whose responsibilities include in-stadium entertainment, such as the music and other sound coming through speakers in the stadium. (Kraft Sports is owned by Robert Kraft, who also owns the Patriots.)

One of the employees also is responsible for keeping fresh batteries in the referee’s in-stadium microphone. But Mastroddi didn’t initially accept the explanation that a team employee would be responsible for ensuring the performance of the referee’s microphone; Mastroddi said “people responsible for maintaining the referee’s microphone should be League contractors and not Kraft Sports employees wearing Patriots gear.” In response to Mastroddi’s concerns, Bandy called 345 Park Avenue and spoke with Jay Reid of the officiating department, who confirmed that the referee’s in-stadium microphone is handled by the teams, not by the league.

Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald first reported the existence of the sideline inquiry.

The email obtained by PFT points out that a reporter from Sports Illustrated had approached Mastroddi after the game, because the reporter noticed that Mastroddi had been “very active” with NFL Security on the sideline. Mastroddi said he declined comment on or off the record, but that he informed Jets executives about his concerns and the ensuing investigation.

Asked Friday by reporters about the “alleged locker room sweep” on Sunday, Jets coach Todd Bowles said, “I know nothing about it.”

It’s unclear whether Bowles knows about the separate investigation; he wasn’t asked that specific question. But it’s hard to imagine that Bowles didn’t know or hadn’t since heard about it.

Asked whether he’s suspicious of the Patriots, Bowles said, “No, we just go up there to play football.”

The team’s head of security was doing more than playing football on Sunday. Whatever his game was, Mastroddi struck out swinging. The league ultimately found that “there is nothing to indicate that the conduct or actions of the aforementioned individuals [on Sunday] were inappropriate,” and the league closed the matter on Monday.

CSquv77U8AAwa2X.jpg

CSqu6skW4AIKBNt.jpg

LOL . . . We're openly at war with the Goodell and the league. Gronk's defender had him in an armlock in 1/2 the plays last Thursday with no call. But that doesn't stop the Pats haters from believing we get "all the calls." What color is the sun in the world of these people?:rolleyes:

The only good thing about this is that we know that we have an Owner who won't take something like this lying down and who won't stop until the NFL gets to the bottom of why this guy is around.

Do I even need to add the :rolleyes:?

Bingo. I'm from Jersey. I get a little offended too. There are 5h!t holes in north Jersey ( like any state), but I live in a nice part of the state with nice Pats fans....And some decent Jest fans as well. Most of the idiots I run into are on the internet. BTW, I been to New England many times. There are areas there that are less than posh with some real A holes . There are Jest fans there too. But, I do enjoy visiting there.

I lived in NJ for about 3 years and there is a standard brashness that exists there and may come across as rude if you're not used to it but in reality it's really no different than anywhere else. I never had a problem with Jet/Yankee fans but did have some enjoyable trash talking debates. Fortunately for me I was there when the Red Sox pulled off that miracle comeback in 2004. Wow, did that give me some ammunition. I could simply walk into a room full of Yankee fans, make the universal "I'm choking" gesture and get an instantaneous "Get the F*** Out of Here" in a beautiful Jersey accent. :D

Good times.

Punk looks like Guido from that movie with Vinnie and Pauli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back