PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Remember Last Year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last season after a 5-3 start, the New England Patriots defense faced the following murderer's row of quarterbacks:

Sanchez
Palko
Young
Orlovsky
Grossman
Tebow
Moore
Fitzpicksix

Compare that to this years-
Fitzpatrick
Luck
Sanchez
Tannehill
Schaub
Smith
Gabbert
Tannehill

This years final 8 qbs are better than last years but still arent spetacular outside of Schaub.

Fitzpatrick
Luck
Sanchez
Tannehill
Schaub
Smith
Gabbert
Tannehill

This years final 8 qbs are better than last years but still arent spetacular outside of Schaub.
Don't even go there. Both Palko and Young are no longer in the NFL.

Don't even go there. Both Palko and Young are no longer in the NFL.

Did you not see that I said they are much better QB's, I know that. I'm just saying it's not like we're having nightmare QB matchup's outside of Schaub.

We're still facing rookie QB's three times. I know we just lost to a rookie 3rd rounder, but the difference here is the Colts and Dolphins don't have Seattle's defense. Fitzpatrick will throw for alot of yards, but makes many mistakes. Sanchez...you don't know. Sometimes you get a pretty solid performance out of him, yet sometimes he's God-awful. Alex Smith could be a challenge because he usually won't make a whole lot of mistakes, but I wouldn't call him a burner. And Schaub will be the toughest QB we'll face for sure. The only awful QB we're facing this year is Gabbert. Last year we faced 4-5 of them in the last 8, so yeah, I recognize a difference there.

Last edited:
Best coach and QB in the game. We'll get our problems straightened out soon enough.
I'm sorry, but that secondary ain't getting straightened out any time soon. I don't see Ty Law,
Asante Samuel, Rodney Harrison or Lawyer Milloy (in their primes) walking through those doors. Hell I'll take Tebucky Jones and Otis Smith over these current losers. Our problems are far from an easy fix, and BB is far removed from being a defensive genius.

Fitzpatrick
Luck
Sanchez
Tannehill
Schaub
Smith
Gabbert
Tannehill

You forgot Bradford as well.:cool:

You forgot Bradford as well.:cool:

That was on purpose, I was looking at the last 8 games.

Bradford isn't a cakewalk either, but at least his O-line is awful. Our good friend Wayne Hunter's there, so that's good news. :cool:

I'm sorry, but that secondary ain't getting straightened out any time soon. I don't see Ty Law,
Asante Samuel, Rodney Harrison or Lawyer Milloy (in their primes) walking through those doors. Hell I'll take Tebucky Jones and Otis Smith over these current losers. Our problems are far from an easy fix, and BB is far removed from being a defensive genius.

Let's just leave it at getting the secondary to mediocre level, then??

We're still facing rookie QB's three times.
A rookie quarterback just torched the New England Patriots defensive secondary this past Sunday. What you are selling, I'm not buying.

Last edited:
A rookie quarterback just torched the New England Patriots defensive secondary this past Sunday. What you are selling, I'm not buying.

WILL YOU JUST READ MY FULL POSTS?? :bricks:

I clearly stated I know we just lost to a rookie 3rd rounder, but the rookies we face after this don't have defenses like Seattle to back them up.

WILL YOU JUST READ MY FULL POSTS?? :bricks:

I clearly stated I know we just lost to a rookie 3rd rounder, but the rookies we face after this don't have defenses like Seattle to back them up.
You underestimate the 3-3 Miami Dolphins which lost two games in overtime already this season.

I'm concerned that the Patriots don't appear capable of beating teams with a good defense (yes, they've had things go against them). The Patriots will be facing more of them during the season.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed we hit the playoffs at 11-5. Anything worse then that and we are in big trouble.

No. Anything which results in the patriots not getting at least a wild card would be big trouble. if the pats get to 10-6 and still win the division, then they are in and that's all that matters.

I'm concerned that the Patriots don't appear capable of beating teams with a good defense (yes, they've had things go against them). The Patriots will be facing more of them during the season.

I have to disagree. The patriots were certainly capable of beating all the teams they lost to this season, all with good defenses. they lost because they were not able to finish the job but they were in it until the very end.

You underestimate the 3-3 Miami Dolphins which lost two games in overtime already this season.

I know their defense is very good as well. But Brady knows Miami's defense. We were a bit unfimiliar with Seattle's defense as we haven't faced these guys in four years, and that team was WAY different back then. Seattle's overall pass-rush and run defense and pass defense are overall stronger than Miami's...

I know their defense is very good as well. But Brady knows Miami's defense. We were a bit unfimiliar with Seattle's defense as we haven't faced these guys in four years, and that team was WAY different back then. Seattle's overall pass-rush and run defense and pass defense are overall stronger than Miami's...
How does Brady know this Miami Dolphins defense? The Miami Dolphins are coached by an entirely new staff.

Stop with your pathetic excuses! What you are selling, I'm not buying!

How does Brady know this Miami Dolphins defense? The Miami Dolphins are coached by an entirely new staff.

Stop with your pathetic excuses! What you are selling, I'm not buying!

So we are at an impasse....:cool:

I also have them losing four straight (from week 12 @NYJ to week 15 vs SF). Luckily, 9-7 should be enough this year.

I respect your opinion, but I somehow doubt that the Patriots are going to lose 4 straight games.

As a matter of fact, I'd be very, very surprised if they lost more than 2 at the most in your 4 game stretch.

I have to disagree. The patriots were certainly capable of beating all the teams they lost to this season, all with good defenses. they lost because they were not able to finish the job but they were in it until the very end.
Capable was a poor choice of word on my behalf TommyBrady12. I should have worded it to better reflect my position. They are finding good defenses problematic.

I am.

You are underestimating 4 very tough divisional games--2 of them on the road. 1 of which the preparation starts right now.
I don't think those are tough games at all.

I expect to go 3-1, but to say that "you're not worried" is a bit of a stretch in my opinion.
I expect to win all of the division games,because there are no other good teams in the division.
How many times in the past 10 yrs have we swept the Jets? Those teams usually split 1-1 for the most part, no matter what.
We have swept them in half of those seasons.

And Miami will likely give us some problems too, and their defense is probably tougher than the Jets.
That isn't saying much, the Jets defense is awful

That isn't to say that I'm overreacting, b/c I'm not, but never underestimate 4 divisional games vs MIA and the NYJ.
You used the last 10 years as a timeframe.
We are 29-11 vs those 2 teams in that timeframe, and both are not as good as the average of what they were in that time frame.
We are not losing any of those games.

We "should" beat almost any team, unfortunately that isn't the case.
At this point no, because we have issues that allows some teams to stick around and defensively we stink in a 2 minute D so if we end up in that scenario we could be in trouble. That said it took a perfect storm for each of the 3 losses to happen, and there are a number of games on the schedule against teams who won't be in that position.
In the next 2 months, these issues need to be addressed.
The talent is there, the team needs to be built.

Aside from the Steelers who Brady has had success against for most of his career,the Pats have lost to good defenses for quite some time now.

This team cannot beat a good defense mainly because its own defense cannot stop the other team,so if Brady is troubled by tough defenses,the Pats lose...period.

There is slim to no chance the pats will win a game this year if the offense does not put up 21 or more points.

It's sad that Brady at 35 STILL has to put up big numbers to win because he can't trust his own secondary....real sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST