PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Thomas *not* present for offseason program start - claims didn't know it began

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Reiss: Thomas *not* present for offseason program start - claims didn't know it b

the pats are getting nothing for him..........and there's no reason to move him now......they'll dump him at the latest possible moment

Re: Reiss: Thomas *not* present for offseason program start - claims didn't know it b

Why just Thomas? Was Brady their?

I'd like to see Thomas traded to Oakland, because Crazy Al hates the Jets and theres no way he would deal Thomas there.

Last edited:

Someone will bite and throw the Patriots a draft pick.

If I'm a NL team in need of a pass rusher, renting Adalius for one year at $5 million is nothing. It's at least worth a 7th rounder.

Put it this way: Belichick gave the Raiders a 3rd and 5th for D Burgess.

You honestly think a team won't pay a premium talent like Adalius $5 million to rush the passer?

I'm 90% confident that some teams have already called and offered, but the Patriots are holding out.

Why just Thomas? Was Brady their?

It's far less of an issue whether Brady was there because he hasn't been the vocal malcontent that Thomas has been. Thomas is already on BB's S**t-list, if he wanted to remain a Patriot he should have damn well been at that event.

His toes are in the air and he is relaxing...

Cut him some slack, I frequently forget when I have class and work.

Isnt this actually a good thing?

Cant the Pats not pay his bonus (Thomas didnt show), but still retain his rights?

It's just a workout bonus of $100 grand and he gets it if meets a minimun requirement in off season attendance. Given his salary is $4.9M it would be like you getting gas and lunch money for voluntarily attending a series of conferences your company was running that overlapped your vacation plans...knowing if you attend 6 of the 8 you get a $100 bonus and if you don't attend any you probably still have a job. No player has to show up until (or except for) mandatory OTA's, like Vince did last off season. Some RFA's who have not signed their tenders are not showing up to teams voluntary off season programs in protest. Others apparently even if they haven't signed are signing injury agreements so they can.

In AD's case he's like the employee who had repeatedly been told at review that the company isn't thrilled with his performance or effort or attendance compared to co workers who come early and leave late and volunteer to cover crappy jobs no one else will if asked to, and he has chosen to show them he doesn't really care...because he's meeting the minimum requirements in his job description and if that isn't good enough they can fire him...because he's convinced he can land a job at a better company and he'd quit if he could but his contract won't allow him to work for a competitor if he does and he might even have to pay back some of his signing bonus if he did to boot.

The Patriots have AD on the message board equivalent of ignore. Sadly the media doesn't have an ignore feature. So the team can see what he says when others quote him, but they won't be baited into responding.

You guys really need to just stop. For all you know he could have been kidnapped, and just escaped. Or who knows maybe some criminals was secretly holding his family hostage! You don't know the entire story, so give him a break! Leave Britney, err I mean Adalius alone!

Last edited:

You guys really need to just stop. For all you know he could have been kidnapped, and just escaped. Or who knows maybe some criminals was secretly holding his family hostage! You don't know the entire story, so give him a break! Leave Britney, err I mean Adalius alone!

Kidnapped? While possible I certainly don't think it's likely, if anything it fits right into his pattern of behavior.

Also, just for the record, I want to trade Thomas as well, for DRAFT PICKS :D

If Afailus forgot that voluntary OTAs began, may I ass-ume then that he will be on a flight to Foxborough ASAP?

Pardon my ignorance on all the details, but I refuse to click the Herald until Ton-ass & Bogus are fired, and FESPN too (apologies to Reiss & Gordon Edes).

claims didn't know it began .....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

LMAO I'm sorry but that's just hilarious

Is this really a suprise to anybody? A couple of weeks ago he was telling Bart Scott how he wouldn't mind being a Jet. Needless to say, I'm not the least bit shocked that he wasn't present for the start of the offseason program.

Reminds me of the movie, "Office Space". Belichick is Bill Lumberg. Caserio and Reese are the "Bobs" and Afailus is Milton.

I noticed Tom "earth day" Brady wasn't there. Must be off at fashion week with Yoko Ono. Coincidence the Pats are looking at QB's? Not if you've followed my post. Its also no coincidence he doesn't have a new contract. Especially since Manning hasn't signed his. Next year the farewell Tom tour begins and believe me, he wants out and they aren't going to cry about it. Take it to the bank feety pajamas crowd.:)

What in the hell is this post about? :confused:

What in the hell is this post about? :confused:

You haven't met our new resident super malcontent, the feetie pajama troll? He hates everything about this team. Belichick is Howard Hughes meets Harry Sindon, their cheap, they need to learn from the JETS FO, Brady is dying to get out of here and they couldn't be happier... Total whack job.

Not if you've followed my post...
maybe a pre-school day care worker could follow it. They're used to kids talking like that.

Belichick is Howard Hughes meets Harry Sinden.

Vision: A guy who washes his hands 122 times a day with long fingernails and a beard who decides Blaine Lacher is the second-comming of Bernie Parent.

Classic, Mo. Classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand