PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss takes on PonyExpress

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Ron Borges? said:
Buddy, I just joined. Is there some kind of rapid rate where you can get to 1,000 posts?

I'm not sure ask Nem.

I'm Ron Borges? said:
Come up with something better than that. Just because I recently started posting doesn't mean your opinion is worth more than mine and for you to imply that it does is childish on your part. My sig is a joke on Borges. My God, if you guys can't laugh and enjoy yourself on a sports message board, you have bigger problems than my stupid sig.

Never implied my opinion was worth more than yours. When someone comes on here and makes a negative statement about one of (if not) the most respected pats beatwriter with one if his first 5 posts coupled with your name and signature it screams troll. If you are legit than I apologize for my assumption and welcome.

Last edited:
I'm Ron Borges? said:
Also, there is no reason to slam me personally just because we like different reporters. I haven't said a bad thing about anyone on this board, so I don't think that's really necessary.

Were did I slam you personally?

mgcolby said:
You always struck me as the clever one. :D

But isn't 90% of what is posted on here opinion? Considering that we root for the most clammed up organization in sports, I would think much of what we post is either speculation or rumor's that may or may not be based on truth.

Probably more than 90%... but one would think it should be opinion backed up by fact/statistics if possble.

And indeed although I question his application of the statistics, in asserting that Branch is a proven #1 WR, Pony Express started right from the get go using facts to back up his points.

JoeSixPat said:
Probably more than 90%... but one would think it should be opinion backed up by fact/statistics if possble.

And indeed although I question his application of the statistics, in asserting that Branch is a proven #1 WR, Pony Express started right from the get go using facts to back up his points.

That is understandable. Based on past posts, I think we both see the WR position in the same perspective, so there isn't much to debate here.

I'm Ron Borges? said:
Also, there is no reason to slam me personally just because we like different reporters. I haven't said a bad thing about anyone on this board, so I don't think that's really necessary.

I told you that your sig might not go over too well with some people on this board as it didn't with me when I first saw it.

You can take this advise or leave it. Why don't you come up with a patriots related sig and get rid of that one. Regardless of your intentions, it isn't working.

A "troll' is someone who comes on the board from another team and starts right away doing smack or just being contrary to piss people off. I know that your opinion is as good as anyones but try toning it down at first.

I came on the board at first very humble and now everyone loves me. OK, so not everyone but most.

OK, not most but a couple.

Randy Moss has played in 8 playoff games. He's 4 and 4:

35 catches/ 723 yards/ 9 TDs

Deion Branch has played in 8 playoff games. He's 7 and 1:

41 catches/ 629 yards/ 2 TDs

Go ahead, save your money for the next Randy Moss.

I'm gonna get back on topic if you guys don't mind.

Deion does not deserve top 5 money. I'm sure his stance right now is mere posturing by his agents. Per, Patsnutme: 4 years at 16 million. That sounds about right. I'd even give him a SB of 8 million just to give him an incentive to sign now.

Bostonian1962 said:
Thanks Miguel. I checked out the link Reiss had to King's SI article. It was the one that graded the 2001 drafts. After Seymour and Light, what a HORRIBLE freakin' draft.

Every draft will have its fair share of bad picks, getting two long term starters out of a draft is pretty damn good. If you look back on the Pats drafts under BB/Pioli you will see that we have had a lot of wasted picks, but on average (not counting last year) they have drafted 2.4 starters a year. If you include the 05 class it is 2.5. So I think the 01 draft represents an average draft for the Pats in this era.

Starters drafted by season:

05- Mankins, Hobbs*, Kaczur**

04- Wilfork, Watson

03- Warren, Wilson, Samual

02- Graham, Branch, Green, Givens

01- Seymour, Light

00- Brady - I didn't include Pass and Redmond because Pass has never been the number 1 back for more than a few games due to injury and Redmond only started 5 games his rookie season.

* - Started due to injury but might have earned a starting spot regardless at some point in the season.

** Only started because of the amount of injuries incurred by the O-line.

PATSNUTme said:
I told you that your sig might not go over too well with some people on this board as it didn't with me when I first saw it.

You can take this advise or leave it. Why don't you come up with a patriots related sig and get rid of that one. Regardless of your intentions, it isn't working.

A "troll' is someone who comes on the board from another team and starts right away doing smack or just being contrary to piss people off. I know that your opinion is as good as anyones but try toning it down at first.

I came on the board at first very humble and now everyone loves me. OK, so not everyone but most.

OK, not most but a couple.
I'm sure you thank God for the Koolaid Choir every day, especially since your dog left. :p

I'm Ron Borges? said:
Buddy, I just joined. Is there some kind of rapid rate where you can get to 1,000 posts? Come up with something better than that. Just because I recently started posting doesn't mean your opinion is worth more than mine and for you to imply that it does is childish on your part. My sig is a joke on Borges. My God, if you guys can't laugh and enjoy yourself on a sports message board, you have bigger problems than my stupid sig.
Yeah, we have a lot of problems here. We just don't realize how bad we are, and rely on newbies to come here and tell us how stupid we are and what we are doing wrong.

Thanks for the heads up.

(I don't blame you for being upset with us, and I wouldn't blame you if you left in a huff and never returned.)

Box_O_Rocks said:
I'm sure you thank God for the Koolaid Choir every day, especially since your dog left. :p

My dog left? When ? They were both at home when I left the house this morning. You are trying to get me upset like I do when I see:

old%20yeller.jpg

BTW, I'm not one to try to stir things up. But, did you see what T-shirt posted about you on the "All Turd" thread.

I don't know why he would just suddenly say that.:cool:

PATSNUTme said:
My dog left? When ? They were both at home when I left the house this morning. You are trying to get me upset like I do when I see:

old%20yeller.jpg

BTW, I'm not one to try to stir things up. But, did you see what T-shirt posted about you on the "All Turd" thread.

I don't know why he would just suddenly say that.:cool:
I have little doubt T has an accurate grasp of my character, I surely despair of it often enough. Still, since it worries you, I'll go see why your world-view has been disrupted by our glaucoma anticipating fish killer. Thanks for caring...:) :) :)

Box_O_Rocks said:
I have little doubt T has an accurate grasp of my character, I surely despair of it often enough. Still, since it worries you, I'll go see why your world-view has been disrupted by our glaucoma anticipating fish killer. Thanks for caring...:) :) :)
I object! I proudly practice catch and release fishing. Yessir.

And I would never speak ill of His Boxness. :snob:

Last edited by a moderator:
T-ShirtDynasty said:
I object! I proudly practice catch and release fishing. Yessir.

And I would never speak ill of His Boxness. :snob:
Catch and release? Thank goodness it's just practice and you don't do that in a real game! :eek:

Well I looking at those numbers I dont think Branch should expect to earn much more money than Steve Smith who has been more productive and proven than him. About 5M per year tops I think is what he should expect with a first year signing bonus around 5M. But the Pats could tier that by adding some roster bonuses in further years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think out of all of youse, that Spacecrime needs to be summarilly executed at dawn by Tony Eason bulllets...ha ha..that's a joke son

Joker said:
I think out of all of youse, that Spacecrime needs to be summarilly executed at dawn by Tony Eason bulllets...ha ha..that's a joke son
He's been in front of the firing squad more than once, but his Steve Grogan ironman underwear remains effective. Plucky devil, most people find it binding and go Kommando. :beersign:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes