PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reggie Wayne on Playing in New England: 'Who Wouldn't Want to Play There?'

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let's forget WR and focus on the defense.

We will certainly be have a great offense with Edelman, Underwood, Ochocinco, ****erson and Davis as our wide receivers.
===================

We have a lot to do in order to MAINTAIN OUR OFFENSE. Re-signing Welker and Branch would not give us more. We would likely get more if we replaced Ochocinco. I suppose we could pass and keep Ochocinco. Is that what you are suggesting? I'm fine with Wayne instead of Ochocinco.

With regard to the offense, we also have to sign Connolly just to MAINTAIN.

We will likely not re-sign Green-Ellis, hoping that Vareen and more of Ridley will replace his production.

No one is suggesting spending more resources on the offense. However we do need to re-sign our free agents or replace them.

BOTTOM LINE
I guess those with blinders don't understand that a wide receiver corps of Edelman, Underwood and Ochocinco is not a good thing for the 2012 patriots.

The answer is not more offense, it is getting better on D. The offense is great already, but what this team needs is a D that can hold up and win a game when the offense has a bad day.

Last edited:
Why do so many people think we won't resign BJGE?

He's a solid back, and doesn't put the ball on the ground.

He is that, for sure, and I'm sure NE would prefer to keep him. But other teams also see that BJGE has those qualities, and there's a reasonable chance someone will offer him a pretty big contract - bigger, anyway, than what the Pats are willing to spend for him. They seem to like Ridley and I bet that, while they would like to keep BJGE, they're willing to move on without him if the cost is too high.

Because this is not a one-team league and Green-Ellis is free agent. At least one team is likely to offer starter's pay to Green-Ellis. For the patriots, Green-Ellis is part of a running back committee on a passing team.

If Benny doesn't return with the Pats next season I really hope he tears it up somewhere else. I can see him rushing for 1300 yards if he gets the chance on a team without the HOF QB.

Because his performance doesn't warrant him getting a pay raise, and because we really need a more dynamic/explosive athlete(s) at the position.

To me, Reggie Wayne is one of the most exciting free agents I have ever seen, in terms of the Patriots' system and needs. I truly don't think that Wayne would add as much value to any other team in the NFL. I think he is still in his prime, albeit the end of his prime, but he has always excelled not only with his athleticism, but his intelligence and amazing hands. I am really hoping that we area able to sign him, as I think Wayne/Welker/Gronkowski/Hernandez, when healthy, would rival the '07 team.

To me, Reggie Wayne is one of the most exciting free agents I have ever seen, in terms of the Patriots' system and needs. I truly don't think that Wayne would add as much value to any other team in the NFL. I think he is still in his prime, albeit the end of his prime, but he has always excelled not only with his athleticism, but his intelligence and amazing hands. I am really hoping that we area able to sign him, as I think Wayne/Welker/Gronkowski/Hernandez, when healthy, would rival the '07 team.

The Numbers don't lie Wayne is conisistent as they come.

Reggie Wayne, WR for the Indianapolis Colts at NFL.com

Because someone will pay him more than the value the Patriots set on him. I like BJGE and see a role for him here but they will only go so high for him and a team with a real deficit at RB will likely go higher. I think there's a role for a consistent back who you can always trust late in games so hopefully he returns.

Because someone will pay him more than the value the Patriots set on him. I like BJGE and see a role for him here but they will only go so high for him and a team with a real deficit at RB will likely go higher. I think there's a role for a consistent back who you can always trust late in games so hopefully he returns.

Ahh

I was overlooking the glaring fact of him being a FA.

One of those days.......

reggie wayne is awesome...

While I agree, Wayne doesn't have to be all that good to be a major plus. After all, he would be replacing Ochocinco.

I was not a fan of ocho coming here and I am even more against wayne. Wayne doesn't get open any better than ocho imo and I see him just making plays with guys all over him. I've noticed a long time ago brady doesn't like to throw into tight coverage often and that is what you would get with wayne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back