PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reggie Wayne on Playing in New England: 'Who Wouldn't Want to Play There?'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone has already probably mentioned this, but I'm far too lazy to read through this whole thread, Reggie Wayne also said recently that he wants to finish his career with the Colts or something to that effect. The comment about playing in New England was probably taken completely out of context just like most everything else we all freak out about....

I would have zero problem with RW coming here.

Lloyd's agent is Condon...wont be him coming here.

I would have zero problem with RW coming here.

Wayne would certainly AT LEAST double the amount of yardage and production that OchoSucko did...but still not worth more than $2M at his age.

No Problem with Wayne being here....Imagine Wayne and Moss here? Wayne is a very intelligent player and he cant be contained all game 1 on 1 unless its Revis really!

The FA WR market is loaded with younger, slightly better WRs then them. Vincent Jackson, Desean Jackson, Dwayne Bowe, Wes Welker, Marques Colston, Pierre Garcon, Laurent Robinson,Stevie Johnson.

I can't see Lloyd or Wayne making more than 6 mil with all those names.

I agree this is a bad market if you are a free agent wide receiver. The pats may steel a very good receiver for cheap $$.

Can he run routes?
Can he get open?
Can he catch the ball?

I didn't watch enough Colts games to know if Wayne still gets any separation using his speed.

I know he has great hands, particularly on the sidelines, that he runs crisp routes, and that he is probably smart enough to make the route adjustments that our offense demands. Deion does all these though. Branch just cannot get any separation. If Wayne cannot either, I am not sure that he upgrades us that much.

Tedy Bruschi offers his opinion about Wayne and the Pats' current DB roster. good listen

Tedy Bruschi - ESPN

real question no one is asking is............can he rush the passer?

how has no one asked this were really slipping............

:bricks::bricks::singing::singing: bwhahahahahaaaaaaaa

The only way I want Wayne is if we don't bring back Branch. Wayne isn't the deep threat that we need. He won't take the top off of defenses but he is better at everything that Branch currently does.

Wayne is actually a couple years younger than I thought -- doesn't hit 34 until well into next season -- and would surely be an upgrade over Branch. Physically similar to Lloyd, though they seem to offer different skill sets.

However, I dread the scenario of Wayne AND Lloyd AND Welker, where all the bread being committed to the position (presumably on long-term contracts) is on dudes over 30.

Sign me up as one who likes the thought of Wayne in a Patriots jersey.

BB has long admired him, and it's not hard to find highlights of him making amazing catches along the sideline or in the end zone. He really seems like a smart player who knows how to get open against any defense, he has very good hands - holds on even when he's hit immediately after a catch, and there are lots of stories out there about how him and Peyton were especially good together because they put in so much work on it - sounds like a Patriot.

Welker, Lloyd, Wayne, Gronk, Ahern and we'd be in a position to declare total war on the league. Even if we got someone like Visanthe Shancoe rather than my uber-binkie Cobby Fleener we'd be in a poised to make the 07 offense look anemic.

Wayne is vastly superior to Lloyd

Everyone will say Reggie is a product of Peyton but he pulled in better numbers than Lloyd with a much worse QB.

Reggie is the KING of route running, probably the best all around route runner after Jennings. He won't have trouble learning the playbook, smart guy.

He was 6th in receptions when the ball goes over 20 yards in 2010, so he can run the seams for us too

Last edited:
queen_do_not_want_food.jpg

I didn't watch enough Colts games to know if Wayne still gets any separation using his speed.

I know he has great hands, particularly on the sidelines, that he runs crisp routes, and that he is probably smart enough to make the route adjustments that our offense demands. Deion does all these though. Branch just cannot get any separation. If Wayne cannot either, I am not sure that he upgrades us that much.

Reggie Wayne 2011-12 Highlights [We Made It] - YouTube

He put together a pretty impressive season considering the crap they had at QB.

Wayne is actually a couple years younger than I thought -- doesn't hit 34 until well into next season -- and would surely be an upgrade over Branch. Physically similar to Lloyd, though they seem to offer different skill sets.

However, I dread the scenario of Wayne AND Lloyd AND Welker, where all the bread being committed to the position (presumably on long-term contracts) is on dudes over 30.

Good Point Wayne is a Great route runner and have plenty left in the tank...i would give him a Two year contract and also try to snag Pierre Garcon. Wayne and Garson > Welker. Put those guys with our TE's and we would be saying Welker who? money well spent mark it down boys.

Last edited:
Good Point Wayne is a Great route runner and have plenty left in the tank...i would give him a Two year contract and also try to snag Pierre Garcon. Wayne and Garson > Welker. Put those guys with our TE's and we would be saying Welker who? money well spent mark it down boys.

While snagging Garcon, he accidentally drops himself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes