PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reggie Wayne on Playing in New England: 'Who Wouldn't Want to Play There?'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on that

pass

He looked slow

What do you mean by slow?

Wayne runs a full route tree....How does the defender know where to play him? Wayne forces the DB to play the entire field from the outside.

In this system, he's seeing single coverage 90% of the time. Meaning, he's working the openings in the zone or setting up a double move downfield.

Wayne doesn't drop passes and gets open consistently. He isn't a burner but his speed isn't a problem.

I would take Reggie Wayne...he would fit into our offense well, is a smart receiver...I think it depends on if Manning is back with the colts though. if not, we have a good chance at landing him.

but honestly, I would rather have Brandon Lloyd..faster and younger

I would take Reggie Wayne...he would fit into our offense well, is a smart receiver...I think it depends on if Manning is back with the colts though. if not, we have a good chance at landing him.

but honestly, I would rather have Brandon Lloyd..faster and younger

Agreed, I would accept Reggie Wayne on the Pats. For one thing, I know he wouldn't flop as bad as C**d O*******o and he still has some life left in him as well. BUT I still would rather have Lloyd.

What do you mean by slow?

Wayne doesn't drop passes and gets open consistently. He isn't a burner but his speed isn't a problem.

I mean the opposite of fast. The Pats need someone with some speed.

I'd be happy with him, but I'd prefer someone younger, faster, and bigger.

I mean the opposite of fast. The Pats need someone with some speed.

I'd be happy with him, but I'd prefer someone younger, faster, and bigger.

Underwood has speed. Where did that result in?

The thing Wayne brings over any receiver we have now and a lot on the market is his ability to create separation and make some of the tightest catches in the redzone. The guy works the sideline like no other. We struggled a bit down their towards the end of the season and his ability to beat 1 on 1 coverage would be another great aset. I don't know how much he thinks he's going to get but if the price is right, Id bring him in but not as the sole addition this offseason.

Last edited:
I'm no cap or contract expert.. is it feasable that we could get Lloyd and Wayne in and have room for the defensive upgrades needed as well as re-signing our own wanted FA's?

Cutting Ocho saves use something like 1.5M vs. the cap next year, not 6M. We would eat the prorated bonus as dead cap.

It's worth it though. Not hard to upgrade on him with 1.5M, unless you expect him to get smarter and faster with a full training camp. Prefer Underwood, for that matter. Smarter, younger, cheaper, loyal, 4.4 speed, and a nice haircut.

Welker
loyd
wayne
gronk
hern

game over

Would be AWESOME...but i don't see 2 big contracts..well 3 including Welker..going to WRs..1 i see

Lloyd seems to be a foregone conclusion to come here. So making that assumption we need to then look at our other WR's and see if the money stacks up.

We have Wes, Branch, Ocho, Edelman. I personally think Branch and Ocho (who i am a fan of but didn't seem to get the playbook) have had their last year. I personally believe branch faded, he isn't a real threat deep (i know he caught one against denver but that seems to be the exception not the rule).

I think you resign Welker. Then you have Wes inside Lloyd outside with Gronk and Hernandez. Maybe the Lloyd signing prolongs branches career here as he would play less snaps when our targets go Wes, Gronk, Hernandez, Lloyd, Branch.

Looking at it like this, is it realistic to also have Wayne, Bowe, Jackson or DeSean Jackson on this team?

I don't know, i think it will be a combination of $$ and skillset that completes this puzzle for WW, Lloyd and any other WR target.

i think we will have one free agent and 2 draft picks at the wr level

I don't think Wayne comes here, but if he did, that would be pretty cool. Maybe we could draft a WR or two as well.

Who needs defense anyway?

I would have loved to have Wayne here... 3-5 years ago.

Given the abundance of talent on the FA market this year, I'd rather opt for someone who can come in an contribute for a couple of seasons, not someone who will be turning eligible for their AARP membership upon signing.

Given the abundance of talent on the FA market this year, I'd rather opt for someone who can come in an contribute for a couple of seasons, not someone who will be turning eligible for their AARP membership upon signing.
Ask yourself how well has the following geriatrics done while playing for the New England Patriots:

Kyle Brady
Joey Galloway
Shawn Springs
Shaun Ellis

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye