PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reggie Wayne arrives for physical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better sign him before Green Bay calls. Much better spot for him.

I would say with Wayne's skill set of being more of a possession mid-range, slant threat is a better fit for him than the deep passing game of GB

I see Wayne going to GB now even if he isn't a deep threat like JN..they need someone bad

All I want from Reggie during his time in NE:

"It's such a pleasure to play for such a great organization and the greatest QB of all time."

Did he leave without a contract?

I would say with Wayne's skill set of being more of a possession mid-range, slant threat is a better fit for him than the deep passing game of GB
I'd agree with you fit wise but it's about playing time. Wayne won't have much time to play when LaFell is back.

Last edited:
Wait...what?

Why would you rather sign UDFAs when you're essentially doing the same by signing Wayne?

Why not sign a guy who can patch holes early and provide depth later? Instead of two guys that will be cut in a week?

Your stance makes no sense at all.

Yup. If you need someone who can step in immediately, a rookie off the street is the exact opposite way to go.

There are questions as to Wayne's motivation. Would he really come back to be a two week camp body with the hope it may lead to making the team? If I were him, I'd probably want to go where I have a few more assurances. From the Patriots' perspective, though, an accomplished vet who doesn't need much time to et rolling is precisely what the doctor ordered.

Wait...what?

Why would you rather sign UDFAs when you're essentially doing the same by signing Wayne?

Why not sign a guy who can patch holes early and provide depth later? Instead of two guys that will be cut in a week?

Your stance makes no sense at all.

Reading comprehension is really, really difficult.

Someone said that we should sign Wayne because we don't have enough practice players. I said that if we need practice players (or preseason players), we could sign a couple of UDFA's. I believe that.

With regard to Wayne, we should sign him today if ANY of the injuries to the top 5 WR's is in any way serious.

When do you guys think we hear the news about contract/no contract?

I see Wayne going to GB now even if he isn't a deep threat like JN..they need someone bad

Ya his name is Davante Adams.

I mean I'm continually told Rodgers is the greatest QB to ever play the game. He should be able to make do with Jeff Janis and Ty Montgomery as the #3 and #4 WR.

Classic Belichick

He'll sign Wayne and then trade him to Green Bay or Carolina for a 5th round pick

While Nelson going down sucks for GB, they still have a guy named Cobb and another named Adams.

The playing time in GB honestly looks about the same as it may be here in NE, especially if Lafell is out for a while.

I think Wes Welker is more likely in GB than Wayne.....

I think if Wayne passes the physical, we should give him an offer.....if we don't, something tells me GB will try and scoop him up

If he puts 428 yards and 2 or 3 TD's, he will contribute more than Boyce and Dobson in the past 2 years.

We are lacking a guy like this, a middle ground, who can contribute, be an option in the offense without being either a starter or jag. This role was being filled by Hooman recently, but I miss a receiver that can show up sometimes like the Steelers and other teams that draft well WR have.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference