PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reggie Wayne arrives for physical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Precisely. They probably want to sign him after the 1st game so his salary is not guaranteed. But given the needs of WRs across the league they are worried he wont be around to do so.
Eh, I think that whole 1st game guaranteed thing is really overrated and seems to rarely be much of a factor. If they think he can make an impact I doubt they'll risk losing him over that.

Ketanni cut freeing up a roster space, coincidence?

Eh, I think that whole 1st game guaranteed thing is really overrated and seems to rarely be much of a factor. If they think he can make an impact I doubt they'll risk losing him over that.

Agreed. I would like to see him here. Even if its just the first 5 games until Lafell comes back. If RW is playing great keep him. If not no real loss..

If he wants more than the minimum and the WR injuries appear short-term, it is a definite consideration.

Plus we Aaron Dobson the glass edition.
I like the idea of trading for wideout Kembrell Thompkins for another player
Justin Hunter
Chris Givens
Cordarelle Patterson
Michael Floyd
Very unlikey to happen but Belichick has shown hes not afraid to make trades to strengthen his team.

Hunter's terrible. I liked him coming out college, but he's done nothing in the pros but mess up and not improve at all.

Agreed. I would like to see him here. Even if its just the first 5 games until Lafell comes back. If RW is playing great keep him. If not no real loss..
I'm not sure why he would sign here over Green Bay to begin with. There's not much for him here when LaFell comes back. I'd love him tho just because it will make Indy upset.

Especially if they are also looking at Mathis - re cap space, guaranteed salary

For 10+ year NFL veteran free agents, is there a partial waiver of cap hit? I thought so, though maybe it just applies to veterans minimum contracts.

I hope that BB pens a letter to the league just before the game in Indy this year stating that ex-Colts have informed the Pats that the Colts routinely pump in crowd noise when the opposing team has the ball.

I would only hope that all of the Park Ave guys would descend on Lucas Oil Stadium to launch the investigation........

Who is to say that it wasn't the plan all along to bring him in directly after training camp? I find the timing a bit to conspicuous to assume that his visit is a reaction to injuries/not met expectations.

I would think that the fact that we have a fairly complex offense would make that scenario virtually impossible, but who knows? You could be right.

Normally, you'd want a WR to be here as early as possible to try and learn the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back