Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus we Aaron Dobson the glass edition.
I like the idea of trading for wideout Kembrell Thompkins for another player
Justin Hunter
Chris Givens
Cordarelle Patterson
Michael Floyd
Very unlikey to happen but Belichick has shown hes not afraid to make trades to strengthen his team.

I think this possible Reggie Wayne signing have aloto to do with Amendola's 200yds in the regular season as #3 WR. Yeah he came alive some in the post season but he was barely visible in the regular season.

Didn't Danny get a big bonus already? If so, he ain't going anywhere, though I'll admit to expecting more from him thus far in the preseason.

What kind of PUP is LaFell on the one that he misses the first 6 games?

Last edited:
If we want him time to sign him.
If im Wayne to not get destroyed by the indy fan base i sign with Green Bay.
Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady 2 of the best QBs is a win win.
How blessed is Wayne?
Manning and now Brady or Rodgers.

What kind of PUP is LaFell on the one that he misses the firrt 6 games?

He is on preseason PUP which means he can come back at any point between now and RS. If he goes on RS PUP then he must sit out 6 games.

What kind of PUP is LaFell on the one that he misses the firrt 6 games?

Teams only make use of one PUP prior to the start of the season, since there is no benefit to giving away 6 games before you have to. Players get slid over the before week 1 if they are going to miss time.

Thanks guys.

I don't think BB signs him, UNLESS, BOTH Dobson and Lafell both start the season on short term IR.

First, why would BB wait?
Second you can only have 1 player on short term IR.

Second you can only have 1 player on short term IR.

Slightly OT, but If there is one rule in the nfl* that needs to be changed it is the short term IR limit of 1 player.

Plus we Aaron Dobson the glass edition.
I like the idea of trading for wideout Kembrell Thompkins for another player
Justin Hunter
Chris Givens
Cordarelle Patterson
Michael Floyd
Very unlikey to happen but Belichick has shown hes not afraid to make trades to strengthen his team.
Probably could just wait until Patterson gets cut. Supposedly dumb as a stump though. Would be good for the return game and bubble screens though.

Insert Gibson Brain in Patrersons body if anyone could do it BB could

How f***ing amazing would it be if the Pats signed Patterson after he was cut and coached him into becoming a great WR? After the Pats traded down with the Vikings and got a bevy of picks for him? Vikings fans would commit mass suicide.

Precisely. They probably want to sign him after the 1st game so his salary is not guaranteed. But given the needs of WRs across the league they are worried he wont be around to do so.

Slightly OT, but If there is one rule in the nfl* that needs to be changed it is the short term IR limit of 1 player.

It's too bad we didn't even get the 1 until 2012...**** this league.

How f***ing amazing would it be if the Pats signed Patterson after he was cut and coached him into becoming a great WR? After the Pats traded down with the Vikings and got a bevy of picks for him? Vikings fans would commit mass suicide.

Even if he sucks as a WR, the dude can return kicks. I'd love him on the team for that alone. That's also why I don't think he gets cut in the first place.

My feeling is Pats will lose if they snooze....GB will find out shortly if Nelson is out for season....

or they could sign Mathis :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference