PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Sox Fans pissed me off

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very well deserved. :singing:

LOL it's a rivalry unto itself. Baseball vs football but more especially, Sox vs Pats. It's kind of a competition of sorts really :D

LOL it's a rivalry unto itself. Baseball vs football but more especially, Sox vs Pats. It's kind of a competition of sorts really :D

How so? The only ones that think that are Pats fans, I don't see how that's not an inferiority complex. I love both teams equally and I just want both to win. I really don't understand this attitude.

Makes you sound like you're better than them because you know who Troy Brown is :rolleyes:

why roll your eyes after this statement. I dont think I am arrogant but I defenitely think I am better for having known who Troy is and been influenced by him and the way he goes about his life, career, and family. And I think anyone who thinks they are a sports fan in this town and doesn't know Troy should be ashamed of themselves. I mean come on this town loved guys like Scalibrine, PJ Stock, Lou Merloni, Adam Vinatieri ( A freaking kicker) to Just ignore Troy is messed up.

why roll your eyes after this statement. I dont think I am arrogant but I defenitely think I am better for having known who Troy is and been influenced by him and the way he goes about his life, career, and family. And I think anyone who thinks they are a sports fan in this town and doesn't know Troy should be ashamed of themselves. I mean come on this town loved guys like Scalibrine, PJ Stock, Lou Merloni, Adam Vinatieri ( A freaking kicker) to Just ignore Troy is messed up.

I'm not saying you're not better than who you were before you knew who Troy was, I don't know that. I'm saying you can't act like you're better than anyone else because you do, I can't even describe how much I disagree with that idea.

And sports fans in New England, yes, should know Troy Brown, and they do. Not all Red Sox fans are fans of ALL NEW ENGLAND SPORTS.

Re: Red Sox Fans pissed me off.....

No, they SHOULD not. Would it be nice if they did? Yes. Do I think they would appreciate him quite a bit if they knew more about him? Absolutely! But to say they SHOULD know, is arrogant in and of itself. Makes you sound like you're better than them because you know who Troy Brown is :rolleyes:

Some people just don't care about football. That's not a bad thing, it's a preference. I like both sports. Some people only like one. Can't make people care about things they just don't care about.

Your wrong.......it' not a football thing that I am pointing out. It's all about sports. One poster noted that perhaps, his face was simply not recognized and that is possible.

Troy Browns entire career has so much that makes sports and competition great - true sports fans either should know of him already, or would warm their "inner sports happy place" once they learned about him.

He was the underdog that rose up to greatness. He went from a Rudi to a Patriot Hall of famer with a retired number (no one else should ever wear # 80).

He was that rare athlete that never got in trouble, family man all the way, played the game they way it is meant to be played and played 15 years for the same team. He experienced the great seasons and that bad seasons, yet, through it all, remained a class act.

There is no finer role model you could find for NFL than Troy Brown.

Oh and by the way, I AM better that they are because I know of Troy Brown...I get to use his model and apply some of that to my own life and try to teach my own kids to choose a role model with his attributes.

One poster noted that perhaps, his face was simply not recognized and that is possible.

IMO that is the reason

Oh and by the way, I AM better that they are because I know of Troy Brown...

If you can say this definitively, then you and I are on such differenct wavelengths there's no point in continuing this argument.

Your wrong.......it' not a football thing that I am pointing out. It's all about sports. One poster noted that perhaps, his face was simply not recognized and that is possible.

Troy Browns entire career has so much that makes sports and competition great - true sports fans either should know of him already, or would warm their "inner sports happy place" once they learned about him.

He was the underdog that rose up to greatness. He went from a Rudi to a Patriot Hall of famer with a retired number (no one else should ever wear # 80).

He was that rare athlete that never got in trouble, family man all the way, played the game they way it is meant to be played and played 15 years for the same team. He experienced the great seasons and that bad seasons, yet, through it all, remained a class act.

There is no finer role model you could find for NFL than Troy Brown.

Oh and by the way, I AM better that they are because I know of Troy Brown...I get to use his model and apply some of that to my own life and try to teach my own kids to choose a role model with his attributes.

Nicely said. I hope through all this he gets more recognition. There aren't too many players, or people for that matter, who bring as much character and spirit of team to this sports world of ours as he did.

Troy Brown Night will be on national tv and I'm sure the Kraft's will do a beautiful job with it, so hopefully his story and all that he's brought to the game will be watched by many. :)

Why is that?

Many reasons. Baseball itself is an anachronism. MLB is horribly administered (no salary cap means a GENERALLY uneven playing field). Guaranteed contracts give rise to monstrosities like M. Ramirez. The Bankofamericasox have been queens of Boston sports off-field melodrama in recent years, though the Desperate Housewives factor has eased considerably via the ouster of divas like Millar, Ramirez and Martinez, Schilling's welcome absence, and Theo's growing into adulthood. Those are a few of the basics.

Last edited:
I'm not saying you're not better than who you were before you knew who Troy was, I don't know that. I'm saying you can't act like you're better than anyone else because you do, I can't even describe how much I disagree with that idea.

And sports fans in New England, yes, should know Troy Brown, and they do. Not all Red Sox fans are fans of ALL NEW ENGLAND SPORTS.

But it was more like the opposite rather than all red sox fans knowing him it seemed like no red sox fan knew him. It really was pathetic like 3 people clapped.

fgssand said:
One poster noted that perhaps, his face was simply not recognized and that is possible.

IMO that is the reason

he has been on TV comercials I guess it was only United Way though why would local people around here care about that.

But it was more like the opposite rather than all red sox fans knowing him it seemed like no red sox fan knew him. It really was pathetic like 3 people clapped.

That's definitely less than I would have expected. Though I don't think it's something you can hold against the Red Sox fans themselves. I don't think they were sitting there thinking, "Man, Troy Brown? Nah, I'm not clapping for him."

I'm more inclined to think the majority either didn't know him, didn't see it, or were wrapped up in something else at the moment.

Troy was one of the quiet "heroes" of our game and our team-you didn't see his face on commercials,he had sort of limited media exposure to the general public,there weren't mics in his face after every game, and he hasn't been out on the field in quite sometime (though Pats fans wish he was at times, for sure), so realistically many newer members of Red Sox Nation-and there are a LOT of those-may not really know all his accomplishments.

Troy's a Patriot and his legacy really belongs to football and to us. I don't know what Troy's Red Sox equivalent would be, but I agree that Ortiz probably isn't the one. Maybe someone like Jacoby Ellsbury?

Wakefield.

That's definitely less than I would have expected. Though I don't think it's something you can hold against the Red Sox fans themselves. I don't think they were sitting there thinking, "Man, Troy Brown? Nah, I'm not clapping for him."

I'm more inclined to think the majority either didn't know him, didn't see it, or were wrapped up in something else at the moment.

What ever their reason it still pissed me off. Especially the not paying attention part, go to a game and don't pay attention WTF. Too many freakin drunks in this country who just take a sporting event as an excuse to drink.

What ever their reason it still pissed me off. Especially the not paying attention part, go to a game and don't pay attention WTF. Too many freakin drunks in this country who just take a sporting event as an excuse to drink.

Well, I think you're taking it too personally (or vicariously personally on behalf of Troy Brown). But I hear some of what you're saying.

he has been on TV comercials I guess it was only United Way though why would local people around here care about that.

Hey I obv. know who he is and I would have clapped like I clap everytime they shows the patriots and redsox players on the Jumbotron at Celtics games, I’m speaking on the behalf of people that are unaware of who he is. Nobody is obligated to know who he is

Hey I obv. know who he is and I would have clapped like I clap everytime they shows the patriots and redsox players on the Jumbotron at Celtics games, I’m speaking on the behalf of people that are unaware of who he is. Nobody is obligated to know who he is

But if they are a true sports fan in this area they should be ashamed not to know. As an example I was not always the biggest Celtics fan as a teenager but I knew who the players were especially a player who would have been considered as talented as Troy. Thankfully I interned in my College sports dept. and one of my jobs was to Announce the Basketball games and that got me back involved in hoops and just in time for their title (well a few years early but prior).

Sicilian said:
Well, I think you're taking it too personally (or vicariously personally on behalf of Troy Brown). But I hear some of what you're saying.

I am definitely taking it personal for two reasons. One Troy is a top 5 favorite played. Two I was at a Bruins game last year and ironically so was troy and the Bruins crowd gave him a bigger ovation than the crowd last night on his retirement day.
I wish I would have recalled my second point sooner in this argument as it is really relevant to the discussion.

Last edited:
Many reasons. Baseball itself is an anachronism. MLB is horribly administered (no salary cap means a GENERALLY uneven playing field). Guaranteed contracts give rise to monstrosities like M. Ramirez. The Bankofamericasox have been queens of Boston sports off-field melodrama in recent years, though the Desperate Housewives factor has eased considerably via the ouster of divas like Millar, Ramirez and Martinez, Schilling's welcome absence, and Theo's growing into adulthood. Those are a few of the basics.

Careful, you are tuning this into a baseball thread. I expect you to quote yourself and tell yourself to post it on the Red Sox forum.:D

This thread is a joke. This place is unreal. Getting upset because Sox fans didnt cheer Troy loud enough? Honestly, who cares?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes