Welcome to PatsFans.com

Red Sox Fans pissed me off

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by signbabybrady, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +245 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

I am at the game today and they showed Troy on the jumbo tron and I stood up and cheered and no one else did. :mad:

2. MiChargers

MiChargers On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

...and you actually thought this would be thread worthy, why? You're lucky they didnt boo.

3. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +47 / 16 / -3

And yet people on this board get pissed whenever the Sox get brought up. There were threads last year about how Red Sox fans were being disrespectful to the Pats by cheering for the Sox at Pats games en route to a World Series. Can't have your cake and eat it too. Personally I like the crossover, unfortunately there are scummy Connecticut Yankee fans in our midst:D

4. AStack75

AStack75 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Here we go again. Like death and taxes, these threads are inevitable every Sept./Oct.

5. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +254 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

I didn't see it. In order to see it, I would have to watch the baseball game for more than the 5 minutes my bore meter allows.

However if what is posted is true, then those fans at the game should be ashamed of themselves. You would have to have been brain dead for years in order not to know who Troy Brown is, and what he has meant to this region. You don't have to be a football or Patriots fan to understand and appreciate that.

Shame on them. I guess they were too busy coming up with new "We're #2" celebration chants.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  6. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So if a picture of David Ortiz was shown on the jumbotron at a Patriots game, you'd cheer wildly? Me, personally, I'd use that time to go get another beer.

7. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

LOL The Sox don't have fans any more, so much as a cult following. Sadly, much the same can be said for the Pat's. That's the price of winning. Although a segment of ours might be worse - if the Pat's of today tried to celebrate just making the playoffs on the field they'd be lucky not to get pelted right back by attendees who expected more... They're not allowed to celebrate anything short of SB victories, and even those just momentarily... ;)

8. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Of all the productive things one could spend one's time one, we choose this? Try breaking down some plays or something instead.

9. signbabybrady

Ratings:
    +245 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

actually this happens quite often, they have put them up the Jumbo Tron to loud rabid ovations plenty of times. That was one of the things that got me so mad. We at the Pats game are well aware of what was going on but these Sox fans were so clueless.

I love the crossover and find it real fun when I am at a game and they bring out the champs of the other sports or just show them on the Jumbo tron for ovations.

And to do it to Troy one of the greatest sports players to ever take the field in this town. :mad::mad::mad:

10. JAYHAWKS34

JAYHAWKS34 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

you shouldn't care what everyone else did, if you wanna do it then go ahead and stop preaching

11. signbabybrady

Ratings:
    +245 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

I wasn't preaching I was complaining. And give me one good reason why I shouldn't care that Sox fans ignored one of this towns greatest players and greatest role model. Instead they idolize guys like Manny.

12. JAYHAWKS34

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

just tough to fight the mob

13. Sicilian

Sicilian Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +616 / 2 / -3

You assume everyone at the Red Sox game is also a fan of football. That's just not the case. They may know who Troy Brown is, but should they be made to react if they honestly don't care?

If they put a picture of someone like Don Sweeney on the jumbotron during a Celtics game, would you expect everyone to go nuts? No, because Don Sweeney was a solid HOCKEY player, who HOCKEY fans would really appreciate it. He isn't likely to make the fame crossover into another sport's demographics.

Troy's popularity is higher than Sweeney's, I realized that obviously, but the point remains the same. I love Troy Brown, I think he's a great Patriot, but I'm not going to demand that fans of other sports pay homage to him just because he played for a New England team.

14. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,644 / 9 / -19

#61 Jersey

Please. For the love of God. Make stick-and-ball posts in the stick-and-ball forum. :banned::mad:

15. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +175 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

That's so random, because when I was in RI in July I played street hockey with Don Sweeney at a corporate function. Good guy and still in great shape.

Lyndon Byers was also there. Great guy in terrible shape.

Sorry for the OT post. But, um, they showed Mosi Tatupu on the TV next to our rink and some guy cheered. So, you know...

16. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +254 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

If David Ortiz was retiring and they showed him, I would certainly stand for a moment and applaud.

And Tune, this is not a stick and ball thread. This is a thread about how one of the greatest athletes this region has known, was shunned by the pick hat, wine and cheese crowd. There has not been one post by anyone to dispute that.

17. JAYHAWKS34

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I think Sicilian has the right idea

18. PatsDparty

PatsDparty On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Why are so many Pats fans insecure about how others view the Patriots. Whether it's the media or other fans in this town. I don't think I've heard a Red Sox fan complain about crap like this concerning the Patriots. If the Pats had a big win (as big a win as you can get I guess in september or october) and they flashed the scoreboard during a sox game, I'm sure many people would cheer just like sox fans cheered at the pats/tenn game a few years ago.

19. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,197 / 9 / -2

#11 Jersey

:agree:

This board goes ballistic when anything baseball-related slips into football land, so why should we expect an outpouring of affection for football in baseball land? Happily, there are plenty of us Pats fans to give Troy the sendoff he deserves.

(Tunescribe, just breathe deeply and close the thread. :) I know how you feel about the R*d S*x, but this clearly is a Patriots-related topic.)

20. Sicilian

Sicilian Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +616 / 2 / -3

That IS really random :D I tried to think of someone who isn't flashy but worked hard and played for the team for a long time. Cool that you got to meet him :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.