PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Record With, Without Hopkins - hold the rest constant.

Lots of questions. I'll go with 9 wins with or without Hopkins. They could have a shot at the 7 seed depending on who they beat.

This is a 10 win team, with or without Hopkins.

Hopkins gives them a puncher's chance at pulling off a playoff upset. Without him, they are wild card fodder.

DHOP - around 10-7, good odds to make the offs

No DHOP - around only 6-8 wins. BOB is an upgrade, but this will probably be one of the more "mid" groups he's coordinated in the NFL.

Plus BOB's offense he ran with Brady and gronk still relied on a lot of timing and accuracy. And his Houston offense was never smooth.

In short, he seems like one of those OCs who shines a lot more with good players. He's not like the McVay people that can make it work with anyone.

Our offense will be better, but without DHop it won't be good enough to still beat the tough teams imo. Mac still never looked good enough to keep up in a shootout

Why do people idolize McVay? McVay was 5-12 last year. "Make it work with anyone"? 5-12 is making it work?
....so you're just going to intentionally ignore all the injuries the Rams to literally almost all their key starters they had last year?

....so you're just going to intentionally ignore all the injuries the Rams to literally almost all their key starters they had last year?

I am not the one that said, and I quote, "make it work with anyone". Now you say there were too many injuries to "anyone" to make it work. Which one is it? I am simply quoting what you said.

I am not the one that said, and I quote, "make it work with anyone". Now you say there were too many injuries to "anyone" to make it work. Which one is it? I am simply quoting what you said.
At the end of the season, they were starting Baker Mayfield at QB and he played his first gsme without much time to learn the full offense. He himself is not the best qb in the league, and he was throwing to backups... yet their offense was still decent in some of those games.

When I said make it work, that's along the lines of what I meant, not that he can win 12 games with literally anyone regardless of circumstance.

When I said make it work, that's along the lines of what I meant, not that he can win 12 games with literally anyone regardless of circumstance.

I agree McVay is good, but 3 points in the SB, when he had his starting QB, and a 5 - 12 record in 2022 shows that he is among the better coaches, not the leader of the pack.

Note that Goff has only improved since leaving McVay. Another sign that McVay is nothing super special.

you know...some people around here have their minds in the gutter 24/7...(not that there's anything wrong with that..:whistle:)

We should all being routing for Boutee. He cost nothing and has WR#1 talent. If he does in fact live up to said talents he would project the team forward in a way we could only dream of, and quite frankly have never had from a WR draft pick outside Edelman. Obviously it’s far from a guarantee, but real fans should be rooting for him to fill his boots and succeed. Maybe it’s this year, maybe it’s next, but constantly bringing down a man we know very little about is just hater and being a Debbie downer.

well...I can say I am a BIG BOUTTE fan...in fact,any Boutte will do... :p

With: 20-0, win every game easy
Without: 20-0 with the occasional nailbiter

Why do people idolize McVay? McVay was 5-12 last year. "Make it work with anyone"? 5-12 is making it work?

Stafford only played 9 games last year and was clearly not the same 40 TD QB he was in 2021. that had a lot to do with McVay’s down year. it’s not like Bill is that great without brady.

A 31 year old possession receiver, who doesn’t get yards after the catch and who doesn’t practice isn’t altering the team in a major way

... who hasn't been the same since tearing his MCL in '21 ...

Much more name than game at this point in his career.

Folks, it's the slow season, the mediots have got to have something to write about, this year it's DHop.

We (the Patriots) should give it a pass.

In fact every indication is that we are giving it a pass.

It's been weeks since his visit and a mediot writing 'the patriots are the favorites to sign him' is just click bait, and not very clicky at that.

The only reason he went on visits was because he was not getting offers without making visits.

Now that he's made two visits, he's still available.

The NFL is telling us that there is no market for him.

We should believe what the NFL is saying.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back