PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Record With, Without Hopkins - hold the rest constant.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I'll go first.

9-8 without. 10-7 with. (Pessimistic case.)

To flesh it out: I think and hope we could revise both these numbers up 2 games without much stress, if in fact the 2022 coaching was really that bad. On the other hand, if Mac Jones is really just not the pro bowler he was in his first year - yikes. He'll get his whole contract to figure out his value... and I hope we just took a one-year detour on the way to Canton. I'm also discounting Hopkins. Single-handedly being worth a game by himself is a pretty good expectation, even 2. But I don't believe we'll be a different team JUST because of him.

How about you guys?

The current over-under is 7 games, I think it moves to 9 games (8 at worst) if they sign Hopkins. That's just the betting market which generally knows things better than me. So if I'm right the market will say he's worth 1 or 2 wins.

The main argument for Hopkins is that he improves the prospects for all our other receivers aside from what he catches himself. So his impact is measured in more than his own receptions.

The current over-under is 7 games, I think it moves to 9 games (8 at worst) if they sign Hopkins. That's just the betting market which generally knows things better than me. So if I'm right the market will say he's worth 1 or 2 wins.

The main argument for Hopkins is that he improves the prospects for all our other receivers aside from what he catches himself. So his impact is measured in more than his own receptions.
If I was any more of a homer I'd write everything in unrhymed dactylic hexameter. Damn. But yeah, sure, another option at the high end creates mo better matchup chaos. I am really a little surprised at the over-under being 7. I might have to take that action if it's true.

If I was any more of a homer I'd write everything in unrhymed dactylic hexameter. Damn. But yeah, sure, another option at the high end creates mo better matchup chaos. I am really a little surprised at the over-under being 7. I might have to take that action if it's true.
OK...youll have to delineate EXACTLY wtf "unrhymed dactylic hexameter" is...thanx, the rest of us that flunked college LIt 101

Lmao. Good reference.

I think the Patriots are being massively under-rated going into the year. I get they have a tough schedule and looking at last year 7 wins seems about right and it still might be.

but going from Patricia to BOB is HUGE offensively. and if they get Hopkins that is a very good offense lead by an actual OC. you also have a top RB in stevenson. and on the other side of the ball this should be a very good defense lead by BB

every season there are teams the media expects to be great that fail, and teams they under-look that play well. I feel Patriots are going to be a sleeper team.

If I was any more of a homer I'd write everything in unrhymed dactylic hexameter.
In tribute to our shared homerness, I shall now post entirely in Gregorian chant...

7qz0vt.gif

...complete with self-flagellation.

(somehow that sounds wrong) :oops::poop:

7-10 without D-Hop nuff said!

dactylic... filing that away for a future NYT Spelling Bee

I'll go first.

9-8 without. 10-7 with. (Pessimistic case.)

To flesh it out: I think and hope we could revise both these numbers up 2 games without much stress, if in fact the 2022 coaching was really that bad. On the other hand, if Mac Jones is really just not the pro bowler he was in his first year - yikes. He'll get his whole contract to figure out his value... and I hope we just took a one-year detour on the way to Canton. I'm also discounting Hopkins. Single-handedly being worth a game by himself is a pretty good expectation, even 2. But I don't believe we'll be a different team JUST because of him.

How about you guys?
I'm holding on to my predictions of 11 wins with or without hop. I believe this teams counted out for many reasons. They are being judged off last season.

We project to be more balanced this season. I'm imagining we won't be beating ourselves so much like last season. Just so much projects to be much better especially offensively. Defense will keep us in evey game with a chance to win. I don't believe this team will be blown out when they do loose a game.

I'm holding on to my predictions of 11 wins with or without hop. I believe this teams counted out for many reasons. They are being judged off last season.

We project to be more balanced this season. I'm imagining we won't be beating ourselves so much like last season. Just so much projects to be much better especially offensively. Defense will keep us in evey game with a chance to win. I don't believe this team will be blown out when they do loose a game.
I want to say that exacting thing. Here's to you being right. Let The Resurgence begin!

6-8 wins regardless of Hopkins. don't forget, even in Jones rookie year with McDaniels they didn't beat any good teams outside of a San Diego club that finished 9-8 and a Tennessee team that was starting half practice squad guys...so I think the O'Brien influence is overrated. they have a meat grinder of a schedule

They have too many questions right now.

About 8 wins without Hopkins and no improvement in their areas of weakness.

If the questions are answered with improvements and Hopkins has gas left in the tank, then I think they can get to 9-10 wins. The division is going to beat each other up. Division winner could be 11-6 at best.

7-9 wins with and without, Top 10 defense + Mac Jones without an elite supporting cast = stuck in the middle.

Never going to being completely awful never going to be good enough to be a contender, don't even think the difference between 7 and 9 wins is necessarily completely in the Patriots hands if Tua gets hurt or the Jets blowup it's probably going to be closer to 9 wins and if neither happens it's probably going to be 7.

A 31 year old possession receiver, who doesn’t get yards after the catch and who doesn’t practice isn’t altering the team in a major way

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back