PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Recommended Twitter page

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocE

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Daniel Jeremiah (MoveTheSticks) on Twitter

I just found out about this guy from Chris Mortensen's twitter page, so I assume he is legit. He's got a lot of good info coming out of the combine and is answering a lot of peoples questions. I don't have a Twitter account, but might get one, just to ask a question or two. The guy is Daniel Jeremiah and he used to work for the Ravens. I tried listening to several of his podcasts, but they all cut out for some reason.

One VERY interesting piece of Patriots news that he tweeted:

RT @fatmosh: What happens if all of those 75-80 players are gone by the 6th-7th round?> you trade those for next years 4/5 from team B
10:36 AM Feb 24th via TweetDeck The Patriots whittle (spell check) their list down to 75-80 players that fit their system. That's why they trade out so much
10:02 AM Feb 24th via web

If you can follow that he, tweeted that the Patriots essentially only have 75-80 players on their board by the time the draft begins. Somebody then asked him what the Patriots do if all of those players are gone, and he stated they trade forward in to the next year.

I kind of doubt that the Patriots only have 75-80 guys on their board, but it would explain the complete shutout in the later rounds of the '07 draft (but Edelman from '09 would be a counterpoint).

Been following Mr. Jeremiah for some time - he's very interesting as he's been schooled in the Belichick way under Ozzie Newsome.

Teams are split on Marty Gilyard. Some love his attitude while other's aren't so fond of it
about 7 hours ago via TweetDeck
NE has had Chad O'Shea and Scotty O'Brien interview Mardy separately between the Senior Bowl and Combine, I wouldn't be surprised if Billy O'Brien and/or Nick Caserio visits him for his Pro-Day. As far as his "attitude," this is a kid being mentored by Chad "Johnson" Ochocinco - and BB loved him predraft and they've kept close ties - I really doubt NE is one of the turned off teams (not to mention the 'kill a kid so we can draft him' rumormill tricks which this tweet from a former Baltimore scout whose former team is also looking at Gilyard).

@MoveTheSticks is as legit as they come. He also has a good "Scouting" podcast on iTunes.

Mardy and BB would get along great - he is a competitor and wants to win more than anything. Film Rat that understands football. I was VERY impressed after chatting with him.

i started a thread just a couple of days ago about his podcast on itunes. No one seemed to care a few days ago, but he is very insightful.

@MoveTheSticks is as legit as they come. He also has a good "Scouting" podcast on iTunes.

Mardy and BB would get along great - he is a competitor and wants to win more than anything. Film Rat that understands football. I was VERY impressed after chatting with him.

After watching Florida shut him down like a sick dog, exposing his lack of speed and toughness, I tend to leave him off my Patriots type draft board.

However BB picked Crable,a guy with chicken legs,so maybe he takes a chance on Gilyard,another chicken leg guy,albeit a slow chicken leg guy.

i started a thread just a couple of days ago about his podcast on itunes. No one seemed to care a few days ago, but he is very insightful.
Any other Twitter football guys worth following?

Any other Twitter football guys worth following?

not twitter guys that I know of, but a couple of more podcasts I love to listen to this time of year.
1. draftcountdown- Scott Wright from draft countdown.com has a show on there that is 2 hours long every week dedicated to the draft. Usually has a couple of players on for interviews as well.

2. draftguys.com- Cecil Lammey and Sigmund Bloom also have a two hour show as well as a nice website that has video from some of the lesser known draft guys. They both were in love with Sebastian Vollmer and Myron Pryor last year before the draft.

3. Most probably know this but Todd McShay and Mel Kiper do a podcast each week right now as well. once a week, usually between a half an hour to an hour. Lot of Mel talking over McShay but still has value.

I second the love for draftguys.com. They're awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore