PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reasons to hate LdT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping LT has a bad game this week.

But if in the off-season we got him for a reasonable price, b/c he wanted a ring ala Moss style. I would be thrilled to have him in a Patriots uniform.

If you actually watched the game you can clearly see at the end that Asante Samuel tries to grab LT and tell him good game before the pats start mocking merriman then LT becomes a little ***** when samuel and his FORMER TEAMMATE Reche Caldwell try to tell him good game. Caldwell and Samuel were trying to be good sports and when they all saw LT bein a ***** they started dancing on the logo.

yeah, I actually watched the game. they were already in mid dance by that time. Those dudes love to dance. I don't blame them, but I can't dance worth beans.

- His personal website proclaiming him to be the best player in the NFL. Funny, I didn't think bragging was "classy" or what it means to be "great". I'd also say that he'd get very little support for his claim in 2007.

1. I think he's one of the best, if not the best, player in the NFL right now. Brady is certainly up there too, as is a few others.

2. Blame his PR folks if you want to blame anyone. Most celebrities that have these sites don't know exactly what's on there. They have a general idea, but someone else is doing the writing. I think it's disingenuous at best to jump to that conclusion.

This thread is not classy.

His attitude has changed so drastically that hes become horrible person to listen to.

Ever since losing last year hes just been one angry guy.

Eff him. I hate the SOB. I feel no shame in saying that if he was injured, I'd rejoice. If it were not for Football, I'd have him mowing my lawn. The guy is a total jerk and I don't wish anything positive for him.

I forgot to add that his offical web site calls him the NFL's best player. Only a total douche does that.

I'm going to have to add balance here, even though I'm probably going to get pounced on by the masses.

He's yelling, but not at Rivers. One, it's damn loud in the RCA dome... some have even claimed they artificially pump noise into it. And two, LT was definitely p!ssed that he's out and then Rivers was too. But he was not mad at Rivers. There's a difference there.

He clearly is pissed off that Rivers isn't going back in the game. That's hardly the first time this season we've seen him being demonstrative to a teammate or coach. He's ignored Turner on several occasions as well.

We won't know until Sunday. But to be fair, I certainly hope they do if they win. After all, you guys had no problem with Brady running after Smith in the Pittsburgh game and yelling at him for a full 15 seconds after that TD. Why was that OK? Well, according to Pats fan, it's because Smith started it.

Well, then you can't blame another team for doing the same thing, especially when your guys started it first can you?

Just being honest here.

Drayton Florence, Wade Phillips and others started it in 05 with their comments. Merriman continued it at the Pep rally last year, and a boat load of Chargers continued during the entire game last year. The Patriots reciprocated in spade after the game.

I have no issue with players getting in another players face just don't cry like a little b!tch when it comes back on you.

He clearly is pissed off that Rivers isn't going back in the game. That's hardly the first time this season we've seen him being demonstrative to a teammate or coach. He's ignored Turner on several occasions as well.

he's ignored Turner? What in the world are you talking about guy? I was pissed that Rivers wasn't going back into the game as well, and I'm not out on the field. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being demonstrative to a teamate.

he's ignored Turner? What in the world are you talking about guy? I was pissed that Rivers wasn't going back into the game as well, and I'm not out on the field. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being demonstrative to a teamate.

There was a loss at the start of the year when Turner went over to talk to LT and he blew him off with the same pouty look and walked away.

But it really isn't all that cool to do it in front of the entire world. Personal laundry should be handled in the locker room not in front of a TV viewing audience.

LdT reminds me of Shaun Alexander a few years ago. I've also seen a similar lack of heart and me-first attitude. It'll be interesting to see how he overcomes adversity or a bad season when everyone isn't raving about how great he is. I think he is unbelievably talented and an excellent player, but I wouldn't be surprised if his career took a similar path to Alexander's. And I definitely don't see him taking a paycut to be with the Pats, he cares too little about winning. Objectively, a player who sits out an AFCCG with a hyperextended knee is making a wise decision, but I think that truly great champions don't think like that with a game on the line. He might never get back there again in his entire career and he doesn't have those blinders on that other players do. My guess is that he'll put up very good numbers for the rest of his career and then fizzle out. Either that or he'll murder Philip Rivers after this game and go to prison.

You're right, but he can't be pissed at Rivers if he was sitting out the rest of the game himself:rolleyes: LT needs to understand and accept he's not the most important player on the team. No team wants a player who believes that whether it's true or not. The day he learns the team is more important than him is the day LT will have grown up and become a true professional.

When an athlete acts as if he's the most important player on the team, all the other players can see that...and I guarantee they don't like it. "look at me, I'm LT!" I'd hate if any Patriot acted that way.

Last edited:
LT is the unquestionable leader of the team. The players love him. He's respected throughout the league. People like to make a big deal over everything these days. A facial expression? C'mon!
How is his career similar to Alexanders? Sure, as he gets older his production will decline. Of course that's just part of being a pro-athlete. You can't play forever. Needless, to say LT's still the best back in the league at this time.

That Armen guy has hella class.

LT is the unquestionable leader of the team. The players love him. He's respected throughout the league. People like to make a big deal over everything these days. A facial expression? C'mon!
How is his career similar to Alexanders? Sure, as he gets older his production will decline. Of course that's just part of being a pro-athlete. You can't play forever. Needless, to say LT's still the best back in the league at this time.

I don't think it's unreasonable for a human being to worry about his long term health, but I think that players who are champions do not have that mindset in huge games. I honestly think that other players would be begging for a cortizone shot after hyper-extending their knee in a game of that magnitude. I don't blame him as a person, because he's right about worrying, but as a football player I think that truly great players are almost unreasonable in their drive to play in a game like that no matter what.

nope, defenetely not respected throughout the league...his talents may be, but not himself

I think LT is an incredible talent. Unfortunately he has set himself up as the ultimate role model. Then a football audience sees him not participating in the pre-season after hearing him talk down Bill Belichick after the playoff game last year. Tomlinson makes himself highly visible in a number of ways, and he let's his thoughts be known to anyone who cares to listen. Athletes who choose to do this put themselves at risk, because they set themselves up for failure if they in any way veer from the paradigm they have established.

LT has been labeled the classiest football player in the league, and yet his on the field body language (no one watching knows why he is rankled) suggests that he is miffed at people. He didn't sit beside Rivers in an earlier game, and this past Sunday, it appeared there were some bad feelings between the two.

The perception and conception fans form are the result of what they see and the way a player presents himself. Fans can be brutal, and there are as many out there waiting and wanting to see LT fall flat on his face as there are supporting him and wanting to see him becomes the best.

He determines much of how that plays out, and not necessarily by his performance on the playing field but also by his performance off the playing feel. I like the guy as a football player...but his off-field visibility is a bit much for me. I like the athletes who do their job silently and professionally. I don't care a great deal about what they think about controversial issues or what they think about other players, teams, or coaches.

Talent wise he is still the best back in the league but he's not a class act as he proclaims. You can be an apologist for him all you want but the fact remains that people around the league are catching on to the fact that he's a big baby.

What has he ever done negatively off the field? Chunky soup commercials? To the guy who said he should be "begging for a cortizone" shot. C'mon. Him playing has nothing to do with what he wants. It's up to the coaches and doctors. I'm sure he was like "yeah, guys I think I'm gonna sit this one out". He actually did play after he first injured the knee. Did you see him totally whiff on a block in which Rivers had to throw the ball away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back