PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reasons to hate LdT

Status
Not open for further replies.
He apologized to Bill at the pro-bowl. Get your facts straight budzer. *****ing the entire time? What? Make yourself believe whatever you want.
Slymer, I remember you from the chargers.com board...how's it going? I posted as Sam Adams, Barfly, Boltup, and 4Aces...they booted me every time. They haven't caught my latest ID. :D

It's all good.

Everyone knows LT is a great guy.

You might have gotten a lot of agreement with that claim a couple of years ago. However, LdT has given us a lot of evidence that it's not necessarily true over the past 1+ year.

- Like the claim the day before the game that the Chargers would beat the Patriots 9 times out of 10. Not.
- The total acceptance of Merriman dancing his head off (even when he doesn't get a sack!) and the tearful recriminations when the Patriots (rightfully!) mock the stupid dance. What, he loves it when a teammate gives it to an opponent but can't stand it when he gets some in return? That doesn't ring true to most of us.
- His personal website proclaiming him to be the best player in the NFL. Funny, I didn't think bragging was "classy" or what it means to be "great". I'd also say that he'd get very little support for his claim in 2007.
- His treatment of his QB which has, obviously, been at best an up and down adventure in 2007. Not exactly the type of leadership the Chargers need.

I'm sure there are other things, but that's enough to start.

You might have gotten a lot of agreement with that claim a couple of years ago. However, LdT has given us a lot of evidence that it's not necessarily true over the past 1+ year.

- Like the claim the day before the game that the Chargers would beat the Patriots 9 times out of 10. Not.
- The total acceptance of Merriman dancing his head off (even when he doesn't get a sack!) and the tearful recriminations when the Patriots (rightfully!) mock the stupid dance. What, he loves it when a teammate gives it to an opponent but can't stand it when he gets some in return? That doesn't ring true to most of us.
- His personal website proclaiming him to be the best player in the NFL. Funny, I didn't think bragging was "classy" or what it means to be "great". I'd also say that he'd get very little support for his claim in 2007.
- His treatment of his QB which has, obviously, been at best an up and down adventure in 2007. Not exactly the type of leadership the Chargers need.

I'm sure there are other things, but that's enough to start.

Wow sounds like you just described a horrible human being. I'm sure he setup his own website. Right?
There's a big difference between celebrating after a play and getting the whole team together to mock the other team after a game. The Patriots had every right to do it, as well as LT had everyright to be pissed.
As far as LT and Phil go, they seem to have a pretty good relationship. Everyone makes a big deal because LT walked away as soon as Phil sat down next to him. What people don't realize is that Dielman had just ripped an incredibly ripe fart, and LT had to get the heck outa there.

I've never heard the term "Classy" used as much as I have this week. Give me a break. It's a football game. Everyone knows LT is a great guy. He wasn't yelling at PR last weekend. I saw him make a facial expression like "aw man, now you're not coming back either". Any human being/competitor would be pissed at losing at home while the other team does some dance on his field. He apologized about it later.

BTW, never once did he say he didn't want to go back in last week because it might hurt is career. Discuss the game, but don't make up ridiculous rumors.

Actually that is exactly what he said: "At that point, you weren't sure how serious it was," he said. "Obviously you don't want to do anything to jeopardize the future, my career. At that point, the best thing to do since we didn't know was just to wait and see how things played out."
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/01/15/can_rivers_run_through_it/

Last edited:
Wow sounds like you just described a horrible human being. I'm sure he setup his own website. Right?
There's a big difference between celebrating after a play and getting the whole team together to mock the other team after a game. The Patriots had every right to do it, as well as LT had everyright to be pissed.As far as LT and Phil go, they seem to have a pretty good relationship. Everyone makes a big deal because LT walked away as soon as Phil sat down next to him. What people don't realize is that Dielman had just ripped an incredibly ripe fart, and LT had to get the heck outa there.

Yes, players have to approve what goes up on their own website.

Patriots had every right to dance and LT had every right to blast them for it is fine. But what he was okay with was Merriman dancing after any play in which he made a tackle or sack. Thats ok though? Thats just ignorant on LT's part. How would anybody like it if every time Manning or Brady made a TD they did a dance? Pretty childish, is it not?

Yes, players have to approve what goes up on their own website.

Patriots had every right to dance and LT had every right to blast them for it is fine. But what he was okay with was Merriman dancing after any play in which he made a tackle or sack. Thats ok though? Thats just ignorant on LT's part. How would anybody like it if every time Manning or Brady made a TD they did a dance? Pretty childish, is it not?

Show me a defensive player that doesn't do something celebratory after making a play. Most do. Most QB's don't. That would be pretty funny if they did though.

Slymer, I remember you from the chargers.com board...how's it going? I posted as Sam Adams, Barfly, Boltup, and 4Aces...they booted me every time. They haven't caught my latest ID. :D

It's all good.

I remember Sam Adams! Do you use one of those IP hiders/blockers to re-register? I don't know if they banned your IP address, but they did mine. So I can't use another ID.

3. You've just admitted you were worried about your career yet in the same game you are seen yelling at your QB because he's not going back in the game for the same reason as you. WTF?

Actually, yelling at Rivers improves LT's rep in my eyes. I haven't seen anyone say Rivers wouldn't go back in because he was afraid of injury. I did see a report Rivers said he didn't go back in because Volek was doing well and he didn't want to interfere. There's the WTF for you, I can understand LT's anger at that.

I've never heard the term "Classy" used as much as I have this week. .

You didn't watch the playoffs last year then???

Just a yahoo league with family. I had first pick and took LT. I actually ended up with the second highest points, but only went just over 50% wins and didn't make the playoffs. It was more of a scheduling thing when it came to head to head games, but I like blaming LT.

I had him the year he won the Rushing title and finished 13th in a 20 team league. 1 player doesn't make your team a winner, especially in a deep league like mine.

I think he got the "classy" tag because he never said anything for along time. Seems like once SI profile his "classiness" he took it as an invitation to start running his mouth to any camera pointed his way.... and exposed that he's just incredibly immature.... his skills are unquestionable for sure, but that's where it ends.

I remember Sam Adams! Do you use one of those IP hiders/blockers to re-register? I don't know if they banned your IP address, but they did mine. So I can't use another ID.
I do use an IP blocker. Delete your cookies, and you can get back on.

I use Norton Password Manager...that remembers all my passwords and login names, so deleting the cookies isn't an issue. I also use Hide My IP 2007.

http://www.hide-my-ip.com/?id=102&c=4851

Actually, yelling at Rivers improves LT's rep in my eyes. I haven't seen anyone say Rivers wouldn't go back in because he was afraid of injury. I did see a report Rivers said he didn't go back in because Volek was doing well and he didn't want to interfere. There's the WTF for you, I can understand LT's anger at that.

I'm sure the medical staff/trainers/coaches had the final say on whether or not both guys would go back in.

Show me a defensive player that doesn't do something celebratory after making a play. Most do. Most QB's don't. That would be pretty funny if they did though.

How much time do you have?

After a big play some do but after meaningless plays and sacks?

I can think of just Merriman in that category.

Every player in the league celebrates after making a sack. I'm not saying they have their own dance, but they celebrate. They don't just get up, turn around and walk back into the huddle.

Every player in the league celebrates after making a sack. I'm not saying they have their own dance, but they celebrate. They don't just get up, turn around and walk back into the huddle.

I don't know any who named it? And I don't know many who do it after a QB falls down.

He apologized to Bill at the pro-bowl. Get your facts straight budzer. *****ing the entire time? What? Make yourself believe whatever you want.

And then he came out with his comments this year about how in NE if you're not cheating you're not trying and followed that up with he was "mostly" kidding.

That's just screaming class.

Only LT cries when the dances are mocked.

There's a big difference between celebrating after a play and getting the whole team together to mock the other team after a game. The Patriots had every right to do it, as well as LT had everyright to be pissed.
As far as LT and Phil go, they seem to have a pretty good relationship. Everyone makes a big deal because LT walked away as soon as Phil sat down next to him. What people don't realize is that Dielman had just ripped an incredibly ripe fart, and LT had to get the heck outa there.

If you actually watched the game you can clearly see at the end that Asante Samuel tries to grab LT and tell him good game before the pats start mocking merriman then LT becomes a little ***** when samuel and his FORMER TEAMMATE Reche Caldwell try to tell him good game. Caldwell and Samuel were trying to be good sports and when they all saw LT bein a ***** they started dancing on the logo.

Last edited:
3. You've just admitted you were worried about your career yet in the same game you are seen yelling at your QB because he's not going back in the game for the same reason as you. WTF?

I'm going to have to add balance here, even though I'm probably going to get pounced on by the masses.

He's yelling, but not at Rivers. One, it's damn loud in the RCA dome... some have even claimed they artificially pump noise into it. And two, LT was definitely p!ssed that he's out and then Rivers was too. But he was not mad at Rivers. There's a difference there.

An interesting question is if the Chargers did win, would they dance on Elvis at midfield?

My bet is they would.

Too bad we'll never find out!

We won't know until Sunday. But to be fair, I certainly hope they do if they win. After all, you guys had no problem with Brady running after Smith in the Pittsburgh game and yelling at him for a full 15 seconds after that TD. Why was that OK? Well, according to Pats fan, it's because Smith started it.

Well, then you can't blame another team for doing the same thing, especially when your guys started it first can you?

Just being honest here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back