PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to “The Dynasty”

It's a fictional resume. Just curious where this would rank all time?
Personally, co-ordinator SBs mean nothing when it comes to HC assessment.

Probably 3rd or 4th. One thing missing here is record in terms of game wins and winning %.

Sensitive about your man Gronk? Ouchie…
Nah - I like Gronk as much as any Pats fan. I would have said the about Peyton Manning and I hate him as much as any player.

Just a ridiculous thing to say.

I signed up - temporarily, it turns out - for Apple TV to watch it. It reminded me of a stanza from the poetry of Samual Hoffenstein:

Little by little we subtract
Faith and Fallacy from Fact,
The Illusory from the True,
And starve upon the Residue.

Probably 3rd or 4th. One thing missing here is record in terms of game wins and winning %.
3rd on the all time winning percentage list

FWIW this exercise is Bill's record if you give his head coach credit to Brady from 2014-19 and only consider him a defensive coordinator.

Basically you still have him as the 3rd or 4th best head coach of all time even if you take away his second dynasty.

Nah - I like Gronk as much as any Pats fan. I would have said the about Peyton Manning and I hate him as much as any player.

Just a ridiculous thing to say.
Now that has to be the most ridiculous thing ever posted … you hate Peyton?? Did he hurted your feelings? You know him personally? He break your heart or something ? What did he ghost you ? Ouchies

Joke

A ton of conjecture here leading to your conclusion. What seems "obvious" doesn't necessarily tell the full story, which we never will know until Bill Belichick goes on the record with his side of it.

"What seems "obvious" doesn't necessarily tell the full story, which we never will know until Bill Belichick goes on the record with his side of it."

He won't, Tune.

He's "A Beautiful Mind". Eyes open: we have to accept the bad part with the greatness part.

BOTH parts exist. SB 52 (and his taking any explanation he has to the grave) is nothing more than petulance and lack of respect to his players who put their lives on the line for 10 months of the year to play for a HC who repeatedly intoned "Sacrifice for the Best Interests of the Team". Did Bill Belichick do that in his 3 minutes before kickoff decision to pull the plug on the Patriots' season. No. He's a hypocrit. But an X's and O's genius. It is what it is.

Now that has to be the most ridiculous thing ever posted … you hate Peyton?? Did he hurted your feelings? You know him personally? He break your heart or something ? What did he ghost you ? Ouchies

Joke
I hate him as a player obviously and not a person. Nice try though!

FWIW this exercise is Bill's record if you give his head coach credit to Brady from 2014-19 and only consider him a defensive coordinator.

Basically you still have him as the 3rd or 4th best head coach of all time even if you take away his second dynasty.
I have soured on Bill since Butler and I don't hide it but nobody is disputing Bill is an all time great coach. As of now he is the greatest IMO but Reid may come for the crown. At least of all the coaches I have seen since I have been watching football (20 years).

While I was never a massive fan of Bill purely because of his personality, I liked him as much as I liked any coach of my fav teams and I used to always believe in one thing above all and that was Bill always did what he thought was best for the team. I may not have always agreed with his decisions (OMG the horrible DB round 2 reaches) but I never questioned that and therefore always supported him.

That all changed with Butler for me because nobody will ever convince me that benching Butler was best for the team. What came out of the Dynasty just enforced that since he was not even accountable enough to his players or owner to explain to them the reason.

His greatness, which is fully deserved, (to me anyway) is very much separate from the undisputable fact that he made 3 massive blunders in the last few years: 1) Benching Butler, 2) Getting rid of Brady without a plan which resulted in 3) Replacing him with Cam/Stidham/Mac.

To me that is unequivocally due to hubris. You can even see it in his older videos (2000s) vs later on. He went from a somewhat reserved guy but also respectful and engaged with people (press conferences, interviews) to someone who barely said anything and every interaction of him was unprofessional at best to just downright rude. That is clearly someone who thought he was not accountable to anyone and could do whatever he wanted.

Vrabel once said that in the early years players used to push back on stuff they disagreed with him on. Can you imagine him allowing that in the later years?

I hate him as a player obviously and not a person. Nice try though!
How can you hate him as a player ? That is beyond childish… Brady spanked him so many times, their head to head competition was never close. He’s been a great ambassador for the NFL during and after his playing career…he was a fierce competitor all the way back to Tennessee. Seems he’s lived a pretty clean and respectable life. Not sure if he has kids out of wedlock or divorced … doubting it. Even the fans if other teams who disliked Brady at least for the most part came around to realize he actually was the greatest if not one of the greatest. So me saying that Gronk embarrassed himself, and it’s rumored that the Pats brass felt the same way, is a grown man’s opinion. You saying you hate Payton sounds like fanboy vitriol.

Do better

I signed up - temporarily, it turns out - for Apple TV to watch it. It reminded me of a stanza from the poetry of Samual Hoffenstein:

Little by little we subtract
Faith and Fallacy from Fact,
The Illusory from the True,
And starve upon the Residue.
History written by the last man standing …
Vicspats :)

"What seems "obvious" doesn't necessarily tell the full story, which we never will know until Bill Belichick goes on the record with his side of it."

He won't, Tune.

He's "A Beautiful Mind". Eyes open: we have to accept the bad part with the greatness part.

BOTH parts exist. SB 52 (and his taking any explanation he has to the grave) is nothing more than petulance and lack of respect to his players who put their lives on the line for 10 months of the year to play for a HC who repeatedly intoned "Sacrifice for the Best Interests of the Team". Did Bill Belichick do that in his 3 minutes before kickoff decision to pull the plug on the Patriots' season. No. He's a hypocrit. But an X's and O's genius. It is what it is.

It will go down in Pats lore as our own grassy knoll… I agree Bill takes it to the grave. But maybe the kids will spill their guts

How can you hate him as a player ? That is beyond childish… Brady spanked him so many times, their head to head competition was never close. He’s been a great ambassador for the NFL during and after his playing career…he was a fierce competitor all the way back to Tennessee. Seems he’s lived a pretty clean and respectable life. Not sure if he has kids out of wedlock or divorced … doubting it. Even the fans if other teams who disliked Brady at least for the most part came around to realize he actually was the greatest if not one of the greatest. So me saying that Gronk embarrassed himself, and it’s rumored that the Pats brass felt the same way, is a grown man’s opinion. You saying you hate Payton sounds like fanboy vitriol.

Do better
Could not care less how Brady feels about Manning. Why any Pats would hate Peyton Manning is obvious.

We would have won the 2006 SB if we did not lose to the Colts.

He also kept us out of the SB in 2013 and 2015. It would have been 6 straight SB trips regardless of the result.

Btw, the 2015 AFC is actually the first real questionable Bill big in game decision. He went for 4th down instead of field goal and we lost by 2.

Could not care less how Brady feels about Manning. Why any Pats would hate Peyton Manning is obvious.

We would have won the 2006 SB if we did not lose to the Colts.

He also kept us out of the SB in 2013 and 2015. It would have been 6 straight SB trips regardless of the result.

Btw, the 2015 AFC is actually the first real questionable Bill big in game decision. He went for 4th down instead of field goal and we lost by 2.
We lost to the Colts in 2006 because of an egregious phantom “face guarding” against Hobbs I believe. Plus the defense **** the bed in the second half. It’s not even an NFL penalty. It’s a basketball foul. We lost cause the defense **** the bed, in truth so did the offense, they forgot to score more points. You also realize other teams have great players, it’s not your PlayStation in mom’s basement pal. So it took Bill in your humble opinion 15 years to make his first mistake? Not too shabby scooby doo…

We lost to the Colts in 2006 because of an egregious phantom “face guarding” against Hobbs I believe. Plus the defense **** the bed in the second half. It’s not even an NFL penalty. It’s a basketball foul. We lost cause the defense **** the bed, in truth so did the offense, they forgot to score more points. You also realize other teams have great players, it’s not your PlayStation in mom’s basement pal. So it took Bill in your humble opinion 15 years to make his first mistake? Not too shabby scooby doo…

......also somehow it became public that 2/5's of the Patriots had the flu and the Colts raised the temperature in their dome. Mr Auerbach would've been proud.
........but yeah, 8 years later psi in footballs became a national scandal........

Talk about spoiled, the post you're responding to takes the cake. The very idea we "would've gone to 6 straight Super Bowls if only..." shows the wild delusional expectations of Patriots fans now.

It's absurd to think about but I have to keep reminding myself that some fans are late to the scene and they haven't understood how the NFL runs.

We have teams with continuity like the Ravens who won 1 playoff game in 10 years.

We have the most popular football team of all with all the money in the world going more than 30 years without winning a Super Bowl.

You have the forever .600 Pittsburgh Steelers.

You have teams like the Jets who wander the wilderness after winning the first NFL/AFL Super Bowl.

You have the never won Buffalo Bills, who missed the playoffs for 10+ years.

Last edited:
Word was most of the defense had the flu and Polian turned the heat up in the stadium. Pat's were the better team but the better team doesn't always win.

Talk about spoiled, the post you're responding to takes the cake. The very idea we "would've gone to 6 straight Super Bowls if only..." shows the wild delusional expectations of Patriots fans now.

It's absurd to think about but I have to keep reminding myself that some fans are late to the scene and they haven't understood how the NFL runs.

We have teams with continuity like the Ravens who won 1 playoff game in 10 years.

We have the most popular football team of all with all the money in the world going more than 30 years without winning a Super Bowl.

You have the forever .600 Pittsburgh Steelers.

You have teams like the Jets who wander the wilderness after winning the first NFL/AFL Super Bowl.

You have the never won Buffalo Bills, who missed the playoffs for 10+ years.
Amazing right? Johnny come lately with the would a, could a, should a. What happened here in Boston as a sports town over the last 20 plus years will never be repeated. Evah… And the reason it happened absolutely positively started with a scrappy little cantankerous defensive genius who came with a vision. Do your job. The winning was so contagious the other teams in Town decided to get on board.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back