PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to “The Dynasty”

Well, yeah, but I mean he changed in his grumpiness. Look at the footage ... He's telling them they suck after winning the AFCCG. That's not a good look IMO. He didn't act like that earlier in the run. I think as he got older, he got even more set in his ways, to your point. He knew being a **** worked so that's what he did all the time, and he knew what he had.

Look how differently he treated Cam. He pumped his tires often, to coin a phrase. I am sure part of that was because he agree to play for a pittance, in NFL terms, but it was 180 degrees from how he treated Brady.
Bill didn't compare Cam to Johnny Foxboro because Johnny played better than Cam.

One of the things that bothered me the most was a quote from Jackie McMullen. JM: "Did Brady tamper with the footballs? Probably."

I think this is copium.

If this were the case, then why would Brady get sick of it and want to leave?

Why didn't Belichick change his approach with Mac?

I think it's more likely that Brady put up with some tough coaching, but Bill's tough coaching changed into resentment and hostility as he wanted to push Brady out.
Bob said that he told Bill that he'd never trade Tom. That could have been the turning point that led to Bill forcing Brady out instead.

Slater: “I personally thought it was very hypocritical. The Patriot Way, it starts with respecting the men you work alongside and trying to put the team first. I mean that’s the foundation of this place. I just don’t think he was connected enough with his players at the time to realize that that was going to have an impact on the locker room.”
If Bill had worn a BLM tee shirt instead he would have been their hero and they would have gone through walls for him.

Patricia 100% knows. Probably Ernie too, but he'll take it to his grave. Lol
Ernie's take it to the grave comment was about Spygate, not Butler's benching. Since Butler has never commented about it he looks guilty of something. I doubt that we'll ever know exactly what.

Kraft is trolling @signbabybrady
Lol
''I wish they had focused more on our Super Bowl wins, our 21-game win streak. I felt bad there were players who gave hours and hours of interviews and they felt only the negativity [was used]. ... So a little disappointed that there wasn't more of a real positive approach - especially for Patriot fans who have lived the experience with us.

Look, I'll state this clearly: I feel so privileged that we had Bill here. We hope when he's finished [coaching], that we're going to have a chance to honor him the way we will do with Tom Brady this year. ... I look forward to the privilege of putting Bill into the Patriots Hall of Fame one day in the future,'' Kraft said.

No; I would never stick around a boss I was afraid of. That's not a way to spend 8 hours of my day every day.

Even if most of them were, I blame Brady for not doing it. He had the clout and security to do it.
Brady had so much clout that the NYFL suspended him for 4 games for doing nothing at all wrong.

The only person who messed with footballs in 2014 was the NYFL employee who was stealing them. I can't tell you his name because that got swept under the rug.

He was interviewed for the entire documentary. If he wanted to tell his side of the story he had EVERY opportunity.

Come on now.
I wonder if Bill regrets that decision now. He took far more heat in that doc than he should have, especially from the Krafts.

He said he didn’t know in the documentary. I don’t exactly believe that.
I don't believe it either and it supports my theory that Butler did do something that he doesn't want to reveal.

Hated the documentary. While I’m the first to say Bill stuck around too long (should have at least been fired after the Matt P/Joe Judge trainwreck if not the disastrous free agent signings a few years back), I also deeply dislike what was an obvious attempt by Kraft to make himself look good.

It has forever changed my opinion of Kraft and not in a positive way.

The way they went about hiring Mayo had already moved me in that direction as it appears he simply hired the best brown-noser.

Hope I’m wrong on Mayo, but sure looks like they wanted a yes man.
I'm in the exact same place. The Krafts have dropped a notch or two for me after seeing them publicly criticize a man who helped make their team a dynasty. I would never want to work for someone who would do to me what the Krafts have done to Bill.

With a good portion of the "Dynasty" focused on negative events, I wonder why someone wasn't allowed to call Bob Kraft a schmuck for soliciting prostitution at the Orchids Of Asia? Seems fair.
They only wanted negative things about Bill in the documentary.

Bill didn't compare Cam to Johnny Foxboro because Johnny played better than Cam.

One of the things that bothered me the most was a quote from Jackie McMullen. JM: "Did Brady tamper with the footballs? Probably."
There was a lot of stuff that bothered me about it, to be honest.

I don't recall Bill making Johnny Foxboro comparisons to Cam, but it might have happened. I do know that he treated Cam much differently than he did Tom.

I think this is copium.

If this were the case, then why would Brady get sick of it and want to leave?

Why didn't Belichick change his approach with Mac?

I think it's more likely that Brady put up with some tough coaching, but Bill's tough coaching changed into resentment and hostility as he wanted to push Brady out.
This is it for me. Brady always wanted to be coached even as a Buc. It was clearly something that changed in how Bill treated him.

I remember being speechless at the way Bill talked about Cam. I never heard Bill talk that way about Tom once in 20 years.

Now that has to be the most ridiculous thing ever posted … you hate Peyton?? Did he hurted your feelings? You know him personally? He break your heart or something ? What did he ghost you ? Ouchies

Joke
Manning stuck his genitals in the face of Jaime Naughright, a female trainer at Tennessee, and was forced to pay her a substantial sum. It resulted in her having to leave the college.

He then violated the agreement by yukking it up about her with his old man in a book. I guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

PEDton also got caught using steroids but said they were for his wife and sent his goons after the guy who knew about it to get him to change his story.

There's plenty of reasons to dislike all of the Mannings, not just PEDton.

Ernie's take it to the grave comment was about Spygate, not Butler's benching. Since Butler has never commented about it he looks guilty of something. I doubt that we'll ever know exactly what.

Wait - - - Butler "looks guilty" to you because of WHAT? Did you mistakenly type "Butler" instead of Belichick"?

Butler most certainly DID comment in that doc - 29:25-29:54. He says he has absolutely no idea what could have caused it. He seems flummoxed by the whole thing. He did not snort, lie to the interviewer, snort again and then stare at the camera when caught in the lie.
He waves his arms and says, 'To this very day, I really don't......know......why!' He is quite emotional and open about it.

Given that objective fact, your statement above "Since Butler has never commented about it he looks guilty of something." is objectively wrong and an attempt at shading the story. The irony is, despite your reasoning in that sentence, you believe the one guy who ACTUALLY ISN'T COMMENTING! :rolleyes:

Overall, I'm happy Belichick was the HC of the NEP for a quarter century - - the greatest NFL HC in history. But, as the saying goes, the last perfect man died over 2k years ago. No one is 100% right all the time. There are some folks in here who believe in comic book superheroes. But in reality. even the greatest humans are fallible. Belichick ****ed up SB52 for highly questionable reasons and refuses to explain to the stakeholders - his employer, the paying customers and the men who put their lives and bodies on the line.

If some want to close their eyes and chant "Believe, Believe", then, as they say in the South, bless your hearts, I hear there's a new stock that had an IPO yesterday (symbol DJT) to buy at a nice high price this morning.

Last edited:
There was a lot of stuff that bothered me about it, to be honest.

I don't recall Bill making Johnny Foxboro comparisons to Cam, but it might have happened. I do know that he treated Cam much differently than he did Tom.
Is it possible that Bill's treatment of Brady changed because Kraft told him that he'd never trade Brady?

My issue with the Cam year was that he tied Steve Grogan's TD record for Pats QBs instead of handing off to the RBs.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back