PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rapoport: Patriots do not work with Condon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Tom Condon is the best in the business. The 'Patriot Way' is the best business model in the NFL. Of course there is some ego involved between both sides, but I think progressively Condon will do more business with the Patriots down the line. The relationship will always be a little rocky because Condon is looking to push the envelope, but the Patriots' organization will always do a great job of staying under the salary cap. Since Condon is a Boston College graduate I hope things work out between him and the Patriots down the line. However, business will always be business.

Is there actual evidence that Condon demands more from NE than other teams?

There isn't any of which I'm aware, though that may be more due to the sad fact that Bill likely doesn't even bother to draft or sign as FAs any of his clients.

Herzlich had a fairly active game v. da Bears, both on defense & on STs.

If Bill had thoughts of switching defenses prior to the draft, then drafting Herzlich in the 7th round
(instead of the low-priority-UDFA-talent Mal Williams) to be his backup SLB would've been a good idea.
Pity that his person feelings toward Condon got in the way.

If Bill had thoughts of switching defenses prior to the draft, then drafting Herzlich in the 7th round
(instead of the low-priority-UDFA-talent Mal Williams) to be his backup SLB would've been a good idea.
Pity that his person feelings toward Condon got in the way.

The entire league gave Herzlich a pass, but you figure that the Patriots alone would have been all over him except for Belichick's "personal feelings" toward his agent? :confused: What is this based on?

The entire league gave Herzlich a pass, but you figure that the Patriots alone would have been all over him except for Belichick's "personal feelings" toward his agent? :confused: What is this based on?

On the feeling he gets from time to time in his groin. Seriously, I don't know why anyone ever reads his posts, let alone responds to them. The guy is a massive WUM.

Condon was right to tell Watson not to sign a 6 year deal and I would be really disappointed in the Patriots if they actually allowed the acrimony of one negotiation, especially one where the agent held the high ground, to keep them from taking the best players because he represents them.

The NFL changed the rules for length of deals after that and agreed that 6 years for the #32 was too long to ask for. Expecting players to pass their prime before hitting UFA status is blatantly unfair.

So, because they changed the CBA two years after the fact, you think that Condon was somehow vindicated??? What a joke.

As for any "acrimony", how do you know that it was just ONE negotiation? And how do you figure that Condon held the "high ground"? In fact, I would say that Condon didn't hold the high ground since he lost. He was fired and Watson signed the 6 year deal.

In all honesty, I am not surprised you've taken this stance because your stance throughout the entire CBA process was skewed towards the agents and players. You've made it abundantly clear that, for all intents and purposes, they can do no wrong..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft