PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rapoport Goes Fishing re Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
If not for a season ending injury Cassel likely would have been that guy. As it was he had no takers beyond our former GM even after going 11-5 here in 2008. They cut Gutierrez who likely would have remained unemployed for months after except Brady went down and they brought him back as beyond emergency insurance given they were left with KOC as Cassel's backup.

That isn't an example of cutting guy who sits unemployed for 3 months then we resign the next year. Of course if Mallett were injured this year, we would have considered Hoyer. Totally different thing.

I have posted before, and I'll stick with my opinion: Brady knows his place in history. He, and Belichick, are key to avoid any distractions. Brady knows that any talk about how long he wants to play has to err on the other side of 39 in order to keep the wolves at bay, as he knows the "Tom Brady Farewell Tour" would be a distraction of biblical proportions. He's never going to tell us what he really thinks, because he knows the media will be all over him if he says anything other than "40 or better". The problem comes, as he gets closer to that 4-0 number, he can't hide from it. I have felt all along that he'll be all done when this contract expires. He'll show up sometime in the middle of March or July, when there is absolutely nothing going on, and announce his retirement. Then, he and Gisele will go buy some south Pacific country and be gone. He'll show up to run for office or act in the movies once the cries for him to return have died off.

The only question in my mind is whether or not he and Belichick go out together or not.

i dont know about the acting part but the rest of it makes sense. i think brady is the type of guy who will want to stay close to the game in some shape or form. coaching maybe broadcasting? something close to football for sure.

i dont know about the acting part but the rest of it makes sense. i think brady is the type of guy who will want to stay close to the game in some shape or form. coaching maybe broadcasting? something close to football for sure.

Defense Exhibit B:
"I'm the ****ing quarterback, you moron!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back