PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Random Observations on Norv Turner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harrison didnt come forward on his own. He owned up on damage control mode after he was exposed in an investigation.

What do you think a caught cheater is going to say? What did Merriman say? What do they all say. What did Michael Vick say before the evidence was insurmountable ?

If you believe he only used it for the 2005 season it is only because you have on your Patriot colored glasses.

What the Hell? He still won't take any responsibility for that. "Tainted Supplements" remember?
And if you think Harrison used HGH (when the investigation you keep coming back says he got it in 2005) before 2005, that's your case of severe envy, hard-headedness, and just being a hater in general.
For someone who's integrity you are doing your best to bury, I'll bet you were upset when the Chargers let him go. Biggest mistake by far this decade.

Last edited:
Hey when I'm wrong i'll just admit it and move along. So when your right your right ande YOUR RIGHT, I forgot about MR. Snyder. But that doesn't change my opinion that Turner will being a very good OC is a mediocre head coach.

I dont have proof either that Turner will be a great coach. But at least now he has good talent and a real chance to see what he can do. He isnt as bad as he is made out to be. He wasnt my first choice when they hired him I assure you, but I havent minded what I have seen so far.

Most of all the cliches get tiring. The media jump on his record and every article about the Chargers has to bring up Norv. The mess in Oakland has about as much to do with Turner's chance for success in SD as the team in Cleveland has had to do with Belichek's success with NE.

AJ Smith hired him and that is good enough for me to wait and see. The media like to keep jumping on AJ and all he does is keep making great moves, great trades, great draft picks.

The Chargers were critisized for passing Vick and taking LT. Where are those writers now? They were critisized for the Manning trade at first ( it only brought them 4 Pro Bowlers in return) AJ was critisized for moving up to take Weddle and the kid is a stud.....on it goes

AJ has taken a losing organization and made them into a top 3 team in the NFL. If he thinks hiring Norv was the right move, let see how it goes.

10-6 beats out 8-8 or 9-7 every year. Sour grapes man.

Not sour grapes at all. Read any predictions on the AFC this year. Take a close look at the Jets. No one is picking them this year to repeat last year.

They were a surprise last year.

Not sour grapes at all. Read any predictions on the AFC this year. Take a close look at the Jets. No one is picking them this year to repeat last year.

They were a surprise last year.

Nobody expected the colts last place run defense to carry them to Super Bowl, but it did. Look at predictions last year. Miami vs Carolina in the Super Bowl. How did those prediction turn out? Prediction are just that, predicitions.

What the Hell? He still won't take any responsibility for that. "Tainted Supplements" remember?
And if you think Harrison used HGH (when the investigation you keep coming back says he got it in 2005) before 2005, that's your case of severe envy, hard-headedness, and just being a hater in general.
For someone who's integrity you are doing your best to bury, I'll bet you were upset when the Chargers let him go. Biggest mistake by far this decade.

Honestly, I dont know the truth about Merriman and neither do you. The odds say he cheated and he knows it. Lets get real, this is pro sports. Look at cycling, track, baseball, football, whatever. There is too much money involved.

Getting rid of Harrison was not a good move by the Chargers. I am not bitter about it and I have no trouble admitting it. It is old news and I have long moved on. ( I do have better things to do in my life than sweating about a football player that left my favourite team 5 years ago). We have 11 Pro Bowlers of our own to cheer for.

However, a few things look a little fishy now. It is easy to critisize the Chargers for letting Harrison go but looking back they did because he was getting older for a hard hitting safety and was having trouble recovering from various injuries. While there is no proof that you and I know about when Harrison began using HGH there there are definately questions that come up as to why a physical player into his 30s (another hard hitting safety Darius who has made the Pro Bowl is basically done at 32) and had all kinds of injury problems was able to recover and go on to have some of his best seasons.

Those are now legitimate questions. If you cant take off your Patriot jersey and consider that possibilty you are being naive.

If you dont like it too bad, he cheated. Just like Charger fans have to hear about Merriman being full of roids when Pat fans, bear fans, whatever come to our board. Never mind the fact that Merriman has tested clean over 20 times and will be a great player clean, as Peppers has moved on and proved after he was suspended a couple of years ago.

Last edited:
Honestly, I dont know the truth about Merriman and neither do you. The odds say he cheated and he knows it. Lets get real, this is pro sports. Look at cycling, track, baseball, football, whatever. There is too much money involved.

Getting rid of Harrison was not a good move by the Chargers. I am not bitter about it and I have no trouble admitting it. It is old news and I have long moved on. ( I do have better things to do in my life than sweating about a football player that left my favourite team 5 years ago). We have 11 Pro Bowlers of our own to cheer for.

However, a few things look a little fishy now. It is easy to critisize the Chargers for letting Harrison go but looking back they did because he was getting older for a hard hitting safety and was having trouble recovering from various injuries. While there is no proof that you and I know about when Harrison began using HGH there there are definately questions that come up as to why a physical player into his 30s (another hard hitting safety Darius who has made the Pro Bowl is basically done at 32) and had all kinds of injury problems was able to recover and go on to have some of his best seasons.

Those are now legitimate questions. If you cant take off your Patriot jersey and consider that possibilty you are being naive.

If you dont like it too bad, he cheated. Just like Charger fans have to hear about Merriman being full of roids when Pat fans, bear fans, whatever come to our board. Never mind the fact that Merriman has tested clean over 20 times and will be a great player clean, as Peppers has moved on and proved after he was suspended a couple of years ago.

You assume too much to call anyone naive, and you know it.

Harrison didnt come forward on his own. He owned up on damage control mode after he was exposed in an investigation.

What do you think a caught cheater is going to say? What did Merriman say? What do they all say. What did Michael Vick say before the evidence was insurmountable ?

If you believe he only used it for the 2005 season it is only because you have on your Patriot colored glasses.
Do you have proof of that?? If not, then what you are saying is TOTLLY baseless.. Funny..Harrison came forward on this and told teh truth...Merriman danced around it like a P**sy...and Vick...we ALL know he denied everything. Rodney could have made up MANY excuses...he COULD HAVE denied he took it..COULD HAVE said he was buying it for someone else..COULD HAVE said many things the equivalent of others but he did not. If you do NOT see the difference..you are a lot dumber than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News