PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rams trade for the #1 pick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never thought I'd see Draft Day play out in real life. Unreal. The NFL is starting to be a joke. I'd be burning up the phone lines in NE or elsewere for Jimmy G instead of all they gave up. Or sign Fitzy worst case. I doubt any of these QBs will be that good and by the time one may be decent your roster will be in shambles because all those young good players? Yeah, they'll be onto second contracts with no ability to refill those spots through the draft.

Morons.

Just looked up the draft order, the Titans are getting:

#15, #43, #45, #76 this year plus a first and third next year for #1, #113, #177

Insane.

Cannot believe the Rams did not learn from there trade to Washington. Ridiculous.

This also means that Baltimore will have a chance to get a better non-QB prospect.

Huh? What do the Ratbirds have to do with this?

Huh? What do the Ratbirds have to do with this?
I guess the reasoning goes that if Tennessee had remained at #1 they wouldn't have picked a QB and since Baltimore won't pick a QB either they'll get a non-QB that would've been taken prior to them had the Titans not traded that pick.

Why?.. especially when they hit on first last 5 years

Robert Quinn
Michael Brockers
Tavon Austin & Alex Olgetree
Gregg Robinsn & Aaron Donald
Todd Gurley

If either Goff or Wentz become quality NFL quarterbacks, this trade will be worth it. That is, by far, the most important position on the field. If not, then the Rams just pissed away multiple seasons and set their franchise back years. That was a pretty risky trade.

By the way, I'm a big fan of Goff but if the Rams draft Wentz at #1 this trade is hilarious to me.

Jimmy G dominated the same level of competition that Wentz didn't, had better release/accuracy, but for some reason Wentz is projected top 3 and Jimmy G was a late 2nd round pick.

It's the "undeniable physical upside." I dunno, maybe it'll work out.

For a guy who likes to gloat about that RG3 trade this is a terrible trade if they are targeting one of these mediocre QBs in the draft

This also means that Baltimore will have a chance to get a better non-QB prospect.
Last season might turn out to be a blessing in disguise for them, Ozzie is one of the best in the business. He'll get them a great player.

JRob making moves. I like this move for the Titans. Not so much the Rams but whatever.

If either Goff or Wentz become quality NFL quarterbacks, this trade will be worth it. That is, by far, the most important position on the field. If not, then the Rams just pissed away multiple seasons and set their franchise back years. That was a pretty risky trade.

Agree that franchise level QB is worth a great deal.
But even assuming their pick is a Franchise QB, how many times have we seen really good QB prospects destroyed because there is really sub-par talent surrounding them? Rams have urinated away lots of chances at the draft lottery.

Being from the St. Louis are the Rams were a team that I followed second hand to my Pats. With the way that Goodell and Kroenke etc. stuck it to St. Louis, I really hope this blows up in their face. Pleeeeease oh pleeeeease let the Rams suck and end up sending Tennessee a top 10 pick next year.

Assuming they're doing this for Wentz or Goff, I guess they must be in love with one of them but that's a LOT to give up even if they hit on the pick. Could argue it'd be a safer bet to build up the team as a whole instead of aiming for the Luck/Newton style #1 pick...seems like a monumental risk and overreaction to having bad QB play in STL. Plenty of competent-to-excellent QBs to be found in later rounds, as we all know. Or sign Fitzpatrick.

I don't really see it with either of them just seems like one of those years where 'good' QB prospects are turned into top-5 picks by desperation. I'd take Goff with his Trump-ian mini-hands if forced.

Agree that franchise level QB is worth a great deal.
But even assuming their pick is a Franchise QB, how many times have we seen really good QB prospects destroyed because there is really sub-par talent surrounding them? Rams have urinated away lots of chances at the draft lottery.

The Rams have a lot of talent spread throughout that roster. If anyone can give up that much for a franchise quarterback, they're one of those teams. That said, I'm not high on either Goff or Wentz so I'm thinking this trade blows up right in their face.

By the way, I'm a big fan of Goff but if the Rams draft Wentz at #1 this trade is hilarious to me.

Jimmy G dominated the same level of competition that Wentz didn't, had better release/accuracy, but for some reason Wentz is projected top 3 and Jimmy G was a late 2nd round pick.
I just don't get the infatuation with Wentz either. His stats are mediocre at best (even if you adjust for injuries), and he was playing inferior FCS opponents.

The only game I saw him was in the National Championship game. He was atrocious.

Rams are fools if they don't take Goff. That's you best bet for a franchise QB this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back