PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders sent the 5 day letter to Seymour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't believe we will get a 1st round pick, and Richard won't even show up. I'd be worried about my safety if I was Richard though, wouldn't want to anger those black hole fans.

I just can't believe we will get a 1st round pick, and Richard won't even show up. I'd be worried about my safety if I was Richard though, wouldn't want to anger those black hole fans.

What are they gonna do? Make him do keg stands using PBR until he throws up? The typical raider fan looks like a GWAR castoff.

Last edited:

Forget about the fans, Al is the most legendary grudge holder in the history of the league. He still owes Shanny money from decades ago... He sued the league for almost two decades...

Shefter is reporting the letter was sent and he received it yesterday per WEEI. Tick tock...

I'm just happy that this saga will be over one way or another by mid-next week. I am on Seymour burn out. I am tired of talking about him on this board and tired of all three sports radio stations talking about about him endlessly.

The season has started and I want to focus on that and not the Seymour soap opera.

I'm just happy that this saga will be over one way or another by mid-next week. I am on Seymour burn out. I am tired of talking about him on this board and tired of all three sports radio stations talking about about him endlessly.

The season has started and I want to focus on that and not the Seymour soap opera.

I have a feeling that is what the league said to Oakland's FO lackey's when they undoubtedly went crying to them over the last 48 hours... Get it done, one way or another. Get him in or get him gone. That's why the letter got sent. The league loves the pre season drama until it impinges on their pre ordained spectacles like opening night and weekend.

Which is exactly why if there was a problem with the physical the Raiders know they can't renegotiate the terms of the deal so they'd just flunk him and void the whole thing.
It's not that easy..they just can't flunk him because they know he will hold out...holding out is not a condition that has ANYTHING to do with flunking a physical.. Again..if that was allowed the blueprint to get out of a trade is there for others..the league does NOT want that and will do anything to prevent that chaos. ALL eyes are on the situation.
The one thing can happen and may and that is Seymour retiring. THAt is quite possible..but trying to void the trade that way by the physical when there is NOTHING wrong will only cause the league to intervene and be sure that will NOT happen.

It's not that easy..they just can't flunk him because they know he will hold out...holding out is not a condition that has ANYTHING to do with flunking a physical.. Again..if that was allowed the blueprint to get out of a trade is there for others..the league does NOT want that and will do anything to prevent that chaos. ALL eyes are on the situation.
The one thing can happen and may and that is Seymour retiring. THAt is quite possible..but trying to void the trade that way by the physical when there is NOTHING wrong will only cause the league to intervene and be sure that will NOT happen.
I have seen no precedent for the league to intervene if Seymour fails his physical with the Raiders. I just don't think it will happen IF Seymour fails his phyisical. If the Raiders want to void the deal it seems to me they have an out. That's IF they want to void the deal. Most teams, when they trade for a player, want him. I think the Raiders want Seymour still. We'll see.

What are they gonna do? Make him do keg stands using PBR until he throws up? The typical raider fan looks like a GWAR castoff.

You know those contests at Minor League baseball games between the innings? When they bring a couple of fans out for a race of spinning their foreheads around on a standing baseball bat 6-7 times then trying to run straight?

That would make for a great NFLN reality special - - What do you think the ratings for that would be if NFLN or ESPN cablecasted the "Team Physical Challenge - Seymour versus Al Davis' Crooked Doctor"?

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see whether Seymour waits until day

#5 to report.

I would say that the angle you missed was that the health bar for a player you are giving up a first round draft choice for is much higher than a player on your roster. There is no rule that says you can't have a different set of standards for someone you are acquiring and someone you are allowing to continue their career with your team. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

I would disagree. By failing a player on a physical you are telling him he is not heatlhy enough to play for you. That cant vary depending on his draft, trade or FA status.

I just cannot imagine Seymour retiring and walking away from all that money. If he wanted to stay here at all costs, then accepting a "home town discount" would have been the message he should have sent. RS has never ever come across as "home town discount" kind of guy, rather, he is a "just business" guy and that is what this is.

However, the only way we could possibly lose would indeed be if he retires. I cannot imagine we would get to keep the pick if he were to retire. Then again, who maintains his rights if he does choose to retire?

I agree with other posters, I am sick of this, wish it was resolved so I can focus on the season 100%. I imagine the league hates this distraction as well.

I am relieved that the Raiders sent the letter out. The last thing the Pats need is for this thing to continue. Also, the Raiders have essentially validated the trade. I am a little surprised at Seymour's actions. I know it must be beyond frustrating to go from "first to worst", but I have always thought of him as a professional. I regret losing another dynasty player, but on paper this deal was too good to pass up.

The only way he can escape the Black Hole....as soon as Seymour arrives at the main gate in Oakland, he sobs uncontrollably. Cries through the meet and greet, ball his eyes out during the physical, and never lets go of his Patriot helmet. At some point Weird Al calls in his personal shrink (on retainer) who diagnoses severe depression. Boooom. Hello Bean Town

By failing a player on a physical you are telling him he is not heatlhy enough to play for you. That cant vary depending on his draft, trade or FA status.

I disagree. It can, and should, vary widely. If I'm going to sign a FA to a multi year contract I'm going to be way more comprehensive in the testing I'll do on him than I would on some scrub that may or may not make the team. If I'm going to give up a first round draft choice, and millions of dollars in salary, I'm going to be way more comprehensive in the testing than if he's already on my roster and I'm already paying him guaranteed millions. The dude coming in, you still have a choice on whether to take him or not, the dude on your roster is already there. So in the exam of the player coming in the physical is to find existing conditions that will affect the player's long term risk of injury and if he is healthy enough to play now. The exam of the player already on the team is just to find out if he is healthy enough to play now.

Last edited:
I just cannot imagine Seymour retiring and walking away from all that money. If he wanted to stay here at all costs, then accepting a "home town discount" would have been the message he should have sent. RS has never ever come across as "home town discount" kind of guy, rather, he is a "just business" guy and that is what this is.

However, the only way we could possibly lose would indeed be if he retires. I cannot imagine we would get to keep the pick if he were to retire. Then again, who maintains his rights if he does choose to retire?

I agree with other posters, I am sick of this, wish it was resolved so I can focus on the season 100%. I imagine the league hates this distraction as well.

In the Plummer trade the Denver did get to keep the pick. Tampa wisely traded for a conditional pick, and the trade lowered the pick while they retained his rights and the ability to persue his forfeited signing bonus as a result of the retirement.

I'm sure in their wildest dreams Oakland never anticipated this scenario with a 29 year old pro bowl DE... The league is on record that once aproved these deals are between the two teams. There were reports from multiple league sources yesterday that Oakland may in fact have not included any such conditions language in this trade explaining the Patriots immediate response to any and all inquiries regarding the trade's status that Seymour was Oakland's player and therefore they had no comment. Shame on Oakland...never assume.

The only way he can escape the Black Hole....as soon as Seymour arrives at the main gate in Oakland, he sobs uncontrollably. Cries through the meet and greet, ball his eyes out during the physical, and never lets go of his Patriot helmet. At some point Weird Al calls in his personal shrink (on retainer) who diagnoses severe depression. Boooom. Hello Bean Town

That would actually be considered a NFI...they only cover what happens ON the field. Having your psyche damaged due to being traded to the worst organization in the league constitutes an off field injury.

I see Sey pulling an Al Czervik during the physical, "My arm, it's broken!" or a Cprl Klinger and wears a fruit basket on his head and a dress to practice...

Last edited:
I am relieved that the Raiders sent the letter out. The last thing the Pats need is for this thing to continue. Also, the Raiders have essentially validated the trade. I am a little surprised at Seymour's actions. I know it must be beyond frustrating to go from "first to worst", but I have always thought of him as a professional. I regret losing another dynasty player, but on paper this deal was too good to pass up.

I'm relieved too. It'd be interesting to know exactly when they sent it. Seems unfair that they would have to pay Seymour a game check, when he hasn't even showed up yet. Then again, what does it really matter to me? I still get paid. :)

I see Sey pulling an Al Czervik during the physical, "My arm, it's broken!" or a Cprl Klinger and wears a fruit basket on his head and a dress to practice...

Like the movie "Misery", Seymour will have his wife break one of

his limbs with a sledge hammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results