PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders sent the 5 day letter to Seymour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he refuses to report. That's the much more interesting way for this to go.
"Actually, he can just not show up. The Raiders will void the deal rather than putting him on the NFI list, and he'll revert back to the Patriots" or so I've heard.

I expect that Seymour will have his physical and then the real drama can begin. However, tha patriots will not be involved. After all, the raiders can't suspend one of their players for the season sitting out 2 or 3 games.

When it comes to this issue, those are my favorite words- - - "the Patriots will not be involved".

Looking forward to the Buffalo game. Should be an interesting season.

Last edited:
As a Bay Area resident, I'm looking forward to seeing Seymour in action for the Raiders and all the local press & talk radio regarding his play. I hope this is resolved soon.

Regards,
Chris

"Actually, he can just not show up. The Raiders will void the deal rather than putting him on the NFI list, and he'll revert back to the Patriots" or so I've heard.

It's not their choice. They either put him on the list or pay him for nothing. Even absent language specifically requiring he report, which Al apparently opted not to include, you don't just get to test drive trades..

You've been listening to too much talk radio, he has five days to report then Oakland can suspend him. There are no do overs.

hard to believe he's already a locker room cancer in oakland

hard to believe he's already a locker room cancer in oakland

Doesn't matter. That whole locker room is a cancer ward.

The website took down that report. I hope that doesn't mean it was false.

Doesn't matter. That whole locker room is a cancer ward.

A cancer ward?

I don't think so. Have you ever been to a cancer ward?

No 325 Linemen, no 285 lb LB's, no one healthy at all actually.

I have been there as a patient and I would ask that you think before you post.

Last edited:
The website took down that report. I hope that doesn't mean it was false.
The one on profootballtalk.com is still up.

Both the Herald and PFT reference the original report, which has been taken down.

The Raiders also re-signed DT William Joseph today, who they cut originally to make room for Seymour. Did they have a roster spot available? I haven't heard them having any other transaction to make room for him.

This report makes me feel a little better:

A source close to Seymour said at this point he was simply waiting to see if the letter telling him he had five days to report or be placed a suspended list which would allow the Raiders to retain his rights in 2010 for his 2009 salary of $3.7 million.

Raiders announcer Greg Papa, the Raiders radio voice, told Comcast SportsNet Bay area the letter had indeed been sent.

After the five days are up, the Raiders are not obligated to put him the suspended list. But they could do it at any point after the five days.

The source close to Seymour said there has been little contact between the parties since the trade was consummated.

I guess it will all sort itself out over the weekend.

Looks like they still have to account for him:

The Raiders had to cut a player to make room for Joseph but there was no announcment from the club as to the victim.

Last edited:
You've been listening to too much talk radio, he has five days to report then Oakland can suspend him. There are no do overs.

Guys, I believe that GroganBootleg is just tweaking Deus Irae by using one of Deus' own quotes from a previous Seymour thread, in response to a post that Deus has just made.

This is totally awesome news!!!!! I was hoping that this would happen!

I wish him well and wish him success (except agaist us) but he needs to stop the pouting and report.

If he decides he wants to retire or that he wants to be suspended and do this again next year, that's his choice.

I think he's smarter than that though.

What happens if Seymour simply refuses to show up and take a physical to complete the trade?

“It depends on what’s in the trade terms,” Aiello told me. “I really don’t have that information. There could be all kinds of different terms that could govern what happens here. And this’ll obviously work itself out in time. I don’t know when that’ll be.”

This response from Greg Aiello would tend to lend some credence to Florio reporting that league sources tell him Oakland may not have included any clause to protect themselves in the event the player doesn't report. Apparently those clauses are not necessarily standard operating procedure...

It looks like the old man took offense to Richard Seymour flipping

the bird at him.

Reiss at the Globe now has a link with Adam Schefter receiving confirmation from league sources that the 5 day letter was sent.

Reiss at the Globe now has a link with Adam Schefter receiving confirmation from league sources that the 5 day letter was sent.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It doesn't get any more solid than that!

Time to stop the child play and start the football season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News