PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders Kirk Morrison drawing interest from few teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Raiders Kirk Morrisondrawing interest from few teams

Newsflash - The Pats played more 4-3 Base and Nickle last year than they did 3-4. That's fact. BB acknowledged it early in camp. And that is what happened during the season.

Newsflash - The Patriots still played 3-4. That's fact.

Instead of sweeping aside valid points because they take apart your argurment, how about addressing them. The FACT is that you are as CLUELESS as the rest of us when it comes to predicting what would have happened had Seymour not been traded.

Instead of making stupid complaints in response to being shown that your point was incomplete or erroneous, how about admitting your error and adjusting your point? The FACT is that the Patriots had trouble against the run and getting pressure on the opposing QB, and Seymour is a talent who helps in both those departments. You can make all the stupid comments you will (and I know you'll make a host of them), but that FACT is not going to change.

The fact that Mayo missed significant time at MLB was huge early in the season. The fact that the O-line played so inconsistently was also huge.

I'm confused as to your obvious inconsistency, so I'll just use your own words to flesh out my response:

The FACT is that you are as CLUELESS as the rest of us when it comes to predicting what would have happened had Mayo not been injured, and you have no idea if his being missing was huge.

Taking out Burgess and putting in Seymour would have upgraded the defense. But there is no way in hell you can say with any certainty that the Patriots would have gone farther in the play-offs. And you're lying to yourself and everyone else if you believe otherwise.

Actually, there is a way. I just say it, although I note that the loss of Welker might have changed the equation. I've done it on many occasions, and I wasn't lying to myself on any of them. You seem to have no problem making definitive statements of your own, but you do love to gripe when anyone else makes them.

Last edited:
Excuse me but what does today's argument have to do with Kirk Morrison?

I like Kirk Morrison as a potential short term solution at ILB. There just isn't going to be that prospect who can come in on day one and start for us there. We need to bring in a vet IMO and he's as solid as they come.

BTW, here is Scout Inc's report on Morrison:

Morrison is an extremely instinctive LB who has the size, strength and speed to make plays all over the field. He is very quick to read and react. He's physical against the run and is a good solid tackler. Morrison can take on and shed blocks quickly. He has good lateral quickness and is agile enough in space to make plays against quick change-of-direction runners. He knows how to play with knee bend and he uses his hands well play off contact. In passing situations, he does a good job of gaining depth quickly and reacting to patterns in zone situations. He can anticipate and get a good break on the short to intermediate throws. He is a player that should continue to contribute at a high level and does not get enough credit for his production.

Kirk Morrison Scouting - Oakland Raiders - ESPN

They give him a grade of 78 which is on the high end of a good starter (only Seymour and Asomugha are ranked higher than him on the Raiders according to them).

Last edited:
I would take him in a heart beat. Why? Because for one he has 100+ tackles per season since hes been in the NFL. He would open things up for Mayo to make plays. He stout at stopping the Run. He would be a breath of fresh air and seems like he could drop back into coverage. Would the Raiders take our 3rd next year for him? Or maybe a 4th and a 7th???

Now that Morrison has signed his tender there are rumors of a Patriots move to get him by the RFA deadline...we shall see

:confused:

If he signed his tender then he belongs to Oakland and the Patriots can trade for him at any time up to the trade deadline. They don't need to act today.

Last edited:
I would take him in a heart beat. Why? Because for one he has 100+ tackles per season since hes been in the NFL. He would open things up for Mayo to make plays. He stout at stopping the Run. He would be a breath of fresh air and seems like he could drop back into coverage. Would the Raiders take our 3rd next year for him? Or maybe a 4th and a 7th???

Obviously, they would take a third since that was the tender they gave him (they gave him the tender that receives compensation for the round the player was drafted which was a third rounder) eventhough they could have given him a first round tender for about the same amount. I think the Pats can get him for less at this point.

Any truth to the rumor that Morrisson is related to one Adam Seward? Have any of you ever heard of him, you know the Adam Seward guy? :)

No, Morisson doesn't fill any roles on this team. Plus, he's pretty overrated. We already have coverage linebackers in Guyton and McKenzie. Guyton may stink against the run, but he is actually pretty effective dropping back. McKenzie fits the same profile as Kirk Morrison, but doesn't have the resume yet.

I feel like it would be a waste of a pick. The guy isn't effective at all against the run, and that's a weakness that will be exposed even more in a 3-4 defense. At least Guyton is significantly younger and still has some upside. I'd go for it if Morrison were a thumper, but he isn't.

No, Morisson doesn't fill any roles on this team. Plus, he's pretty overrated. We already have coverage linebackers in Guyton and McKenzie. Guyton may stink against the run, but he is actually pretty effective dropping back. McKenzie fits the same profile as Kirk Morrison, but doesn't have the resume yet.

I feel like it would be a waste of a pick. The guy isn't effective at all against the run, and that's a weakness that will be exposed even more in a 3-4 defense. At least Guyton is significantly younger and still has some upside. I'd go for it if Morrison were a thumper, but he isn't.

Don't worry he staying with the RAIDERS per ROTOWORLD just read it

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore