PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Radio Gate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao, just woke up, turned the tv on and this was dominating the morning sports news.

Mike "I trip other players" Tomlin, " it always happens there". When Mike? When did it happen before?

Yup, I caught a few minutes of Mike and Mike and watched them praise Tomlin's commanding presence after he acted like a whiny brat insinuating cheating rather than giving credit to his opponent or accepting accountability for his team's loss. It was pathetic. You never see this kind of embarrassing behavior from Belichick or the rest of the team after a loss. Big Ben whined about the Pats' legal defensive shifts. You think Brady would do that? Shameful behavior from the Steelers, but of course the media won't call them out for it.

As many have already said, this crap is going to happen all season long and we will have to learn to deal with it without pulling out our hair.

My dad was at the bank talking to a teller friend of his two days ago about Brady. Some lady two lines over and not involved in the conversation in any way actually said out loud, "Brady should have been suspended!" My dad asked her why and she said "Because he is a cheater!" At that point my dad pointed out that there was no evidence of that and walked out before she could say anything else.

I mean, come on! You can't even have a conversation about Brady and the Patriots without some yahoo who isn't part of the conversation jumping in with the cheaters mantra. It does sap the energy out of me at times, dealing with the stupidity.

My dad pointed me to some article where the Patriots are now the most hated sports franchise in the country, ahead of the Yankees and the Cowboys. No surprise there.

I wish you all well in dealing with the haters in your necks of the woods. It won't be easy but I'm afraid that it is a cross we will all have to bear for the foreseeable future.

The correct reply to somone that makes a comment like that is, "Are you really that stupid?!!"

And the key is to say it very loud and then allow the uncomfortabe quiet to set in.....I'm dead serious...that's what I would have said to that woman.

Yup, I caught a few minutes of Mike and Mike and watched them praise Tomlin's commanding presence after he acted like a whiny brat insinuating cheating rather than giving credit to his opponent or accepting accountability for his team's loss. It was pathetic. You never see this kind of embarrassing behavior from Belichick or the rest of the team after a loss. Big Ben whined about the Pats' legal defensive shifts. You think Brady would do that? Shameful behavior from the Steelers, but of course the media won't call them out for it.

I'd give this 10 fuggn stars if I could!!!

failure-to-communicate.jpg
One of my favorite lines from one of my favorite movies. Tomlin needs to get his ''mind right''.

Last edited:
I can probably speak for those of us who moved outside of NE (I live in OH)... this is exhausting....

Those that say they love being the villains or whatever really probably don't live in an area where they have **** talked to them every second anyone talks about football. And I'm not being a baby. I have not been able to talk football (unless we want to talk about Meyer and the gang) once in the last 8 or 9 months without someone running their mouth about the pats and Brady.

You guys are living in a dreamland if you dont think this **** affects the rest of the country. I work in a hospital and last night people were yelling out of their rooms that "they should put Belichick and Brady in jail" when the headsets went out.

This spin from the NFL and ESPN is really sucking the fun out of football for me.
The thing I don't understand is why the Krafts or at least Jonathan don't get this. Sending out a mildly strongly worded statement means nothing. The NEP organization should come out mock Tomlin. Get mad set the record straight on who controls the head sets and then tell Tomlin to grow a pair and stop whining about how head set issues that affect both teams. Tell him to quit whining about how the Pats D-line shifted and confused our poor O-line.

God this league has turned into a bunch of whiners and that whining is being led by the so-called tough teams like the Ravens and Steelers.

Last edited:
Here we go it's on the Today Show too. So sick of the media. One lady points out how the nfl has control of that stuff but than Matt Lauer had to get in a "but this isn't the first time". Ummmmm matt I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time this has ever happened to many teams in many stadiums!

And oh yea on the today show, they did not even bother to mention that the nfl had released a statement as to what happened.
Anyone twitter want to send them a message if their going to report it to a least report all the facts and include stuff like the nfls statement! !!
I shouldn't let this stuff get to me but it does, going to be a long day at work with the "patriots just can't quit cheating " crap.

I wish, just once, one of these players or coaches would say "You know what? This is a non-issue. Our coaches and players know how to handle these situations and it had zero impact on our performance. Stop trying to create a controversy where there isn't one."

To Roethlisberger's credit, he said it's a common thing that happens and down played the issue

The thing I don't understand is why the Krafts or at least Jonathan don't get this. Sending out a mildly strongly worded statement means nothing. The NEP organization should come out mock Tomlin. Get mad set the record straight on who controls the head sets and then tell Tomlin to grow a pair and stop whining about how head set issues that affect both teams. Tell him to quit whining about how the Pats D-line shifted and is confused our poor O-line.

God this league has turned into a bunch of whiners and that whining is being led by the so-called tough teams like the Ravens and Steelers.
This is what makes me mad. Wy dont BB or the coaches stand up the podium and say how it works and ask tomlin to talk to the nfl?

100% nfl frame job to keep the discussion going because they lost in court.

• Agree
Reactions: SVN
http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/tom-brady-soars-above-the-pettiness

There will always be a market for that, people happy to ingest the sadness and frustration of defeat and regurgitate it as something more sinister.

There ought to come a point where this kind of consistent kvetching from the Patriots’ opponents (that’s three home straight games it’s happened, going back to the AFC Divisional Playoffs against the Ravens) should make people realize that the thread binding the complaints together isn’t the Patriots as much as it is the teams realizing they’ll always find a sympathetic national shoulder to cry on when they lose.

It’s conduct unbecoming adults. The insinuations are, in fact, a threat to the integrity of the game and an assault on the public trust. But they’ll keep coming. The league’s given tacit approval for them by leading the charge.

I'm legitimately officially done with the NFL post Brady if this stupid ass **** becomes a new thing. It's not fun anymore.
It always has been the NoFunLeague.

The thing I don't understand is why the Krafts or at least Jonathan don't get this. Sending out a mildly strongly worded statement means nothing. The NEP organization should come out mock Tomlin. Get mad set the record straight on who controls the head sets and then tell Tomlin to grow a pair and stop whining about how head set issues that affect both teams. Tell him to quit whining about how the Pats D-line shifted and is confused our poor O-line.

Kraft keeps taking the high road while his "partners" keep kicking him in the balls.

During BB's presser he didn't pull any punches either.

I haven't seen his presser yet. What do you mean?

The world is made up of a lot of stupid people, read the comments on Bill Simmons twitter, the majority of people are just not that smart.

This is the unfortunate reality we live in. The amount of people who have below average intelligence and are unable to exercise critical thinking skills is staggering.. and quite frankly, horrifying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results