PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Quick question: Josh Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really stupid to prevent Gordon from associating with the patriots. To cut him off from an avenue of self improvement spits in the face of rehabilitation. This protocol hasn’t helped him the previous times he was suspended so something should change.

And to the previous post. I would welcome him back once he rights himself.

Last edited:
Josh messed up so he doesn't deserve to be on the field or with the team IMO. Ok for him to get a ring for his contributions this year.

BB is known to move on but is also known to be patient.

Im glad to hear they are helping and Ill be very happy to see him return to the organization that could offer one of better chances to make it back to life.. at least for a while..

EDIT: They are doing this mostly bc he is still their player and working on this together w the league so it doesn't necessarily mean they are doing it do bring him back but id certainly welcome it..

As far as I know he can’t be around the team at all. The Pats apparently are paying for his rehab in Jacksonville so I’m sure when Goodell finds that out we will lose a decade of first round picks.

Josh messed up so he doesn't deserve to be on the field or with the team IMO. Ok for him to get a ring for his contributions this year.
“Deserve”?

What qualities make one deserving to be on the Patriots? Does a mediocre athlete who is a great guy deserve the roster slot more than a guy with great hands and world class speed?

If Gordon can shake the monkey off his back long enough to stay clean and satisfy the league and the coaches he deserves another shot that’s good enough for me.

“Deserve”?

What qualities make one deserving to be on the Patriots? Does a mediocre athlete who is a great guy deserve the roster slot more than a guy with great hands and world class speed?

If Gordon can shake the monkey off his back long enough to stay clean and satisfy the league and the coaches he deserves another shot that’s good enough for me.
Um, I was responding to the OP's question of whether Josh Gordon "deserves" to run out on the field with the Pats at the Super Bowl if they win. For this year, I said no, but I also acknowledged that he should get a ring for his contributions. I wasn't even thinking about next year (and Gordon is suspended indefinitely, although I see elsewhere that the Pats are paying for his inpatient substance abuse treatment). I don't wish him any ill will.

Thanks for the clarification. I misunderstood the context. There are too many judgmental people who seem eager to stomp folks while they are down these days. Even some on this board, from what I saw in former Gordon threads. I’m glad to learn you’re not one of them.
Um, I was responding to the OP's question of whether Josh Gordon "deserves" to run out on the field with the Pats at the Super Bowl if they win. For this year, I said no, but I also acknowledged that he should get a ring for his contributions. I wasn't even thinking about next year (and Gordon is suspended indefinitely, although I see elsewhere that the Pats are paying for his inpatient substance abuse treatment). I don't wish him any ill will.

Honestly I think it’s best Josh Gordon stays away from football. The NFL is one of the most stressful jobs you can have. It’s not a good place for someone trying to beat addiction.

Well, Harpo came in for the kickoff (and made the tackle), not at halftime.

You're right, that seems to be the predominant version today. I had a version where they were drinking the first half and Harpo gets paged wile is friend is going for beers and makes the first tackle of the second half. Wish I still had the stuff i posted on NEMs short lived sight, but they're lost to posterity.

Guy can ball out just start the beast

You're right, that seems to be the predominant version today. I had a version where they were drinking the first half and Harpo gets paged wile is friend is going for beers and makes the first tackle of the second half. Wish I still had the stuff i posted on NEMs short lived sight, but they're lost to posterity.
The tales of the early Patriots are on their way to assuming myth-like status. The truth is lost in the mists of time.

Wow... I didn't know about the diluted drug test, that he is inpatient, working out, or (especially) that the Pats are paying for it. I find that super cool TBH.

I'm still rooting for this guy.

Should have claimed he was doing the TB12 method.

Honestly I think it’s best Josh Gordon stays away from football. The NFL is one of the most stressful jobs you can have. It’s not a good place for someone trying to beat addiction.
You're not wrong, but it's tough to walk away from millions of dollars. Gordon will never get a contract with much guaranteed money, but if incentive-laden, he could make quite a lot that would set him and his kid(s) up for life. Possibly his grand-kids too.

On a related note, I wonder if the Pats have considered getting Randy Moss together with Gordon for guidance of some sort.

Substance abuse issues are an illness.. and need to be viewed as such. Seem to remember that he also had issues with the "dark rider" depression, in psychiatry they call this "dual diagnosis".. cannot rid yourself of one and not the other.

The most important thing is for Josh to figure out a way to fight those demons and lead a better life, if that includes football with the Patriots then that is a bonus for this team..

If he successfully completes this program and desires, would take another chance with a low risk high reward contract.. Josh "did not kill a guy".

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST