PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Program Alert: Patriots All-Access [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Post-draft edition will air Tuesday, April 28 at 8:30 PM. It's another 30-minute offseason special.

Patriots ALL ACCESS Special

Not being in New England, I'd love to get my hands on a copy of today's Patriots All Access since it goes inside the War Room on Draft day.

Re: Patriots ALL ACCESS Special

Wow..KC called us for the 5th pick? Interesting, was BB high on Dorsey?

Re: Patriots ALL ACCESS Special

From the clip they had yesterday on Patriots.com it showed Belichick saying "if New Orleans doesn't trade up with us, they'll trade up with Baltimore". That suggested that if we stayed at #7 we wouldn't take Ellis because otherwise New Orleans probably would have stayed at #10. That's how I read it anyway.

I hope this show ends up on youtube :)

Another interesting statement made on "All Access" was that New Orleans wanted to trade back into the first round after we traded down from 7 to 10. The way I understood the clip is that they offered us their 2nd in 2008, number 40, and their first in 2009 for number 10. Should the Pats have done it? Who do you think NO was targetting?

Another interesting statement made on "All Access" was that New Orleans wanted to trade back into the first round after we traded down from 7 to 10. The way I understood the clip is that they offered us their 2nd in 2008, number 40, and their first in 2009 for number 10. Should the Pats have done it? Who do you think NO was targetting?
10 to 40 is a huge drop. I love future #1s - I love them with all my heart - but I think I'd have had to get their #2 this year and their #1 and #2 next year to do that.

Now - if a team offered it who I reasonably expected to be a top ten pick next year then I think I'd do it.

DRC was the guy they wanted...

Last edited by a moderator:
10 to 40 is a huge drop. I love future #1s - I love them with all my heart - but I think I'd have had to get their #2 this year and their #1 and #2 next year to do that.

Totally agree. If we had done that and still ended up with Mayo - which we wouldn't have - that would be a dream scenario.

If DRC was the guy they wanted, they would have taken him at 10. Its as simple as that.

They wanted Ellis and DRC, what planet are you on? We're talking about the Saints here............They had already made the deal for 7 and called the Pats back up at 10 and offered their #1 next year and #40 in 08, DRC WAS THE GUY THEY WANTED AT 10 !!!

They wanted Ellis and DRC, what planet are you on? We're talking about the Saints here............They had already made the deal for 7 and called the Pats back up at 10 and offered their #1 next year and #40 in 08, DRC WAS THE GUY THEY WANTED AT 10 !!!

Dude, Chill out already.. Man. Like you are friggin perfect and have NEVER made a mistake.

As for the Saints wanting DRC, how do you KNOW that for certain?

He's certain because he's certain that EVERY team desperately wanted the next great CB :)

Dude, Chill out already.. Man. Like you are friggin perfect and have NEVER made a mistake.

No problem DaBruinz..............

Like I posted earlier, the Saints privately worked him out at TSU on the Tue & Thur before the draft and love the kid, the interest was more than genuine and when they took Ellis, the only guy worth a trade up for was the guy they truly wanted, DRC.

"The Saints spent considerable time this week with Rodgers-Cromartie and are impressed with the Lakewood Ranch High graduate, who played football at Division I-A Tennessee State."

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20080426/SPORTS/804260448/1006

On what went through his mind when he was selected:
(DRC): “I just sat down, closed my eyes and said a quick prayer. It was a dream come true.”
On whether it was a dream come true because he was a Cardinal or in the NFL:
(DRC): “Both, to be honest with you.”
On whether he expected the Cardinals to select him:
(DRC): “No, my coach was telling me they were very interested in me, but I didn‟t think I was going to go there.”
On where he thought he would be selected:
(DRC): “I thought I was going to go to the Saints because they came down Thursday and worked me out with some of their quarterbacks and receivers and I did really well.”

http://www.championshipsubdivisionn...e-is-top-pick-for-cardin&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Wow..KC called us for the 5th pick? Interesting, was BB high on Dorsey?

Either Dorsey or they were hoping that the Patriots might give a lot to leapfrog the Jets and take one of Dorsey/Gholston. Overall from the reaction Pioli and Belichick had it was a "what are you looking for?" and "okay we'll call you back in two minutes if we're interested." Same line you would use for a telemarketer or something. Never thought they were serious.

From the clip they had yesterday on Patriots.com it showed Belichick saying "if New Orleans doesn't trade up with us, they'll trade up with Baltimore". That suggested that if we stayed at #7 we wouldn't take Ellis because otherwise New Orleans probably would have stayed at #10. That's how I read it anyway.

I hope this show ends up on youtube :)

This is correct. The entire program was seem to be built around the fact that we were selecting Mayo at 7 unless we could get out of there. Belichick saying if we dont take the deal to allow the Saints to move up to 7 then we will lose out because they will just offer the same deal to the ravens and the Ravens were looking to get the hell out of that spot anyway. Taking that Saints deal was awesome and still netted us Mayo who it looks like they settled on for a while.

Now - if a team offered it who I reasonably expected to be a top ten pick next year then I think I'd do it.

This is exactly was Ernie Adams (was that the 3rd guy?) said. "This trade is useless unless the Saints pick below 12 next year." Even then he was not to sure of what to make of the deal offered. Overall nobody in the room wanted to make the trade. Either they were unimpressed by it or just overall didnt want to do and get their guy.

I just bought a new DVR and it has a USB adaptor port on it. Im going to see if i can connect it together and get the episode online. Sucky part is you might get the commercials with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3